Author Topic: Draft night trade with the Grizzlies  (Read 8172 times)

Re: Draft night trade with the Grizzlies
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 07:40:12 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Sullinger has the potential to be a fringe allstar/doubledouble machine no way id trade him over olynyk whose looked like an average bench player at best this year.

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 07:51:32 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'd do that deal if we swapped Klynyk for Sully.
Wait... are you saying you wouldn't trade Klynyk for Marc Gasol?

I'm saying I wouldn't trade Klynyk and a lottery pick for Marc Gasol.  I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I prefer Kelly to Sully.
Oh... but you would trade Kelly straight up for Marc, right?   

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2014, 08:04:45 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I'm saying I wouldn't trade Klynyk and a lottery pick for Marc Gasol.  I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I prefer Kelly to Sully.
Oh... but you would trade Kelly straight up for Marc, right?

Yes!  Let's do it!  Someone call the Grizz right now!! 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2014, 08:18:51 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I like it, and knowing you feel that way about it, I'll make sure to start using it more.
I'll strike you a deal, if Olynyk starts and averages 15 and 10 next season, I'll never call him anything else.

;D

Though I'd still trade him for Marc Gasol.

Yes.  I can't wait. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2014, 04:02:28 AM »

Offline Rondohara

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
Is the lottery pick protected ?   Where are the Celtics picking in that trade ?

It seems like the C's are overpaying there.
if its the 4th or fifth pick the c's might be underpaying. Outside of howard and hibbert i dont think there is a better center in the league than gasol. He is the anchor to the memphis defense.  Anyways our roster could be Gasol, Sullinger, green, stephenson, rondo. Wed have the money to bring in lance and while i dont think that is a championship team id say its third in the east and with the wealth of picks we have and cap space i say we go for it.

Cousins is better than them all (specially if you factor in age)

The team you describe would be good, would need another star to have banners, which we could acquire given our situation. So yep...
Goal for next season: Top 2 seed.
Say goodbye to: Turner, Zeller, Sully.

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2014, 10:04:28 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell

if its the 4th or fifth pick the c's might be underpaying. Outside of howard and hibbert i dont think there is a better center in the league than gasol. He is the anchor to the memphis defense.  Anyways our roster could be Gasol, Sullinger, green, stephenson, rondo. Wed have the money to bring in lance and while i dont think that is a championship team id say its third in the east and with the wealth of picks we have and cap space i say we go for it.

Cousins is better than them all (specially if you factor in age)

The team you describe would be good, would need another star to have banners, which we could acquire given our situation. So yep...
debateable but when you factor in his immaturity id rate him below those 3

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2014, 11:48:47 AM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 41
  • Celtic Pride
Just thinking about some ideas and this made sense to me.

Memphis IN: Brandon Bass, Kelly Olynyk, Keith Bogans, 2014 Celtics lottery pick.

Celtics IN: Marc Gasol

Memphis is in nowheresville right now too good for a good lottery pick and too bad for the 8th seed in a brutal western conference. Not being a place that attracts free agents they know it's time to rebuild and trade Gasol for the Celtics pick and some scraps.

Celtics Get a Legit center, and Sully can move to his future natural position. Our glut of PFs is thinned out and we have a more balanced roster.

Would the celtics have to add another pick? I think this is fair for both teams.
"Memphis is in nowheresville right now too good for a good lottery pick and too bad for the 8th seed in a brutal western conference. Not being a place that attracts free agents they know it's time to rebuild and trade Gasol for the Celtics pick and some scraps."

Have you see them play lately? There still good.
The are only 2 games out of the 8th seed.
I expect them to catch Phoenix for the 8th seed.

I see them trading Z-Bo but not Marc Gasol. Good centers are rare.
Dutch Celtics Pride

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2014, 12:23:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Just thinking about some ideas and this made sense to me.

Memphis IN: Brandon Bass, Kelly Olynyk, Keith Bogans, 2014 Celtics lottery pick.

Celtics IN: Marc Gasol

Memphis is in nowheresville right now too good for a good lottery pick and too bad for the 8th seed in a brutal western conference. Not being a place that attracts free agents they know it's time to rebuild and trade Gasol for the Celtics pick and some scraps.

Celtics Get a Legit center, and Sully can move to his future natural position. Our glut of PFs is thinned out and we have a more balanced roster.

Would the celtics have to add another pick? I think this is fair for both teams.
"Memphis is in nowheresville right now too good for a good lottery pick and too bad for the 8th seed in a brutal western conference. Not being a place that attracts free agents they know it's time to rebuild and trade Gasol for the Celtics pick and some scraps."

Have you see them play lately? There still good.
The are only 2 games out of the 8th seed.
I expect them to catch Phoenix for the 8th seed.

I see them trading Z-Bo but not Marc Gasol. Good centers are rare.

Yup.......center are highly prized that are anchor players.......they will never just sell Gasol ....it will take a top five pick as a start to even get their attention

Problem is how to,get a Center of top notch calibre and NOT trade off Rondo in the process

We just need to tank like crazy .......get the best players possible .....so we have something to trade for a decent center .... Or trade the pick for a Marc Gasol or KLove

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2014, 12:31:09 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
way too much to give up for Marc Gasol. I rather keep the 2014 lotto pick as well

but I will do Bass, Keith Bogans, Green (depending on our position in the draft so we can draft either Wiggins or Parker) and Clippers 2015 Pick

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2014, 02:27:27 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

I can't say I've been very impressed with Olynyk.

I know he's still a rookie, but it looks like he just doesn't have any feel for the game. That and he's also way too skinny.

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2014, 03:49:49 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

If the Celtics managed to add protection to a pick traded on that draft night, that would be quite the feat.

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2014, 04:06:30 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
way too much to give up for Marc Gasol. I rather keep the 2014 lotto pick as well

but I will do Bass, Keith Bogans, Green (depending on our position in the draft so we can draft either Wiggins or Parker) and Clippers 2015 Pick
i feel like its not though. Teams dont trade franchise players for a heap of scrubs and a late first rounder...if you want a love, gasol, aldridge, etc you have to include a top 5 pick...unless you want to get rid of robdo and a couple nets picks