Author Topic: 2014 Pick 2: General Commentary  (Read 260415 times)

Re: 2014 Pick 2: General Commentary
« Reply #765 on: March 13, 2014, 02:31:32 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Alright, I'll admit a mistake on my part. I shouldn't have made some auto picks in those cases.

However, we can't allow people to re-pick. That might have changed subsequent people's picks. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this causes, but those auto-picks are the guys you get. If you have any further issues or want more clarification, feel free to PM me.

Apologies to those who didn't get their guy. No more auto-picks.

That being said, I'm likely going to continue to auto-pick for Enzzo, unless anyone has an objection.

Sorry again folks.

« Reply #766 on: March 13, 2014, 02:38:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Alright, I'll admit a mistake on my part. I shouldn't have made some auto picks in those cases.

However, we can't allow people to re-pick. That might have changed subsequent people's picks. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this causes, but those auto-picks are the guys you get. If you have any further issues or want more clarification, feel free to PM me.

Apologies to those who didn't get their guy. No more auto-picks.

That being said, I'm likely going to continue to auto-pick for Enzzo, unless anyone has an objection.

Sorry again folks.
So long as you don't snag the guy I want, auto pick all day. ;D

« Reply #767 on: March 13, 2014, 02:52:21 PM »

Offline Young Nick

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 105
  • Also known as P Swaggy.
being available for your picks or missing out has long been an understanding when playing this game.  it offered a big advantage to those who would wait for the preceding person to miss their time and then snatch up the player they wanted as soon as they were on the clock.

See I don't like this. First off I thought we all were under the impression that this is a more laid back league, unlike DKC or CB. We want everyone to do as well as possible, so I think it's kinda BS for people to pick the second that they are allowed. Let's give people some leniency.
AB_Celtic's Pick 2 - Memphis Grizzlies
Proud GM of DKC Spurs. Rotation found here.

« Reply #768 on: March 13, 2014, 02:54:15 PM »

Offline Young Nick

• Jayson Tatum
I want to have the most fun team in the league. So on that note I take SWAGGY P!. Young, Nick

Well Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. me.

« Reply #769 on: March 13, 2014, 03:07:42 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I now have 3 Bobcats on my team.  Jefferson, Zeller, and Henderson.  Didn't plan it that way I swear.  Lol

« Reply #770 on: March 13, 2014, 03:08:31 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I really like the PJ Tucker pick too. New Orleans getting great value in this round. Chalmers, Tucker and Bass.

« Reply #771 on: March 13, 2014, 03:19:20 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
being available for your picks or missing out has long been an understanding when playing this game.  it offered a big advantage to those who would wait for the preceding person to miss their time and then snatch up the player they wanted as soon as they were on the clock.

See I don't like this. First off I thought we all were under the impression that this is a more laid back league, unlike DKC or CB. We want everyone to do as well as possible, so I think it's kinda BS for people to pick the second that they are allowed. Let's give people some leniency.
the review/evaluation is still laid back.  getting the best player isn't necessarily.  wasn't in the past.  used to be almost automatic jumping in as soon as someone missed their timeslot so you could grab your guy before the late person could take them.

« Reply #772 on: March 13, 2014, 03:27:50 PM »

Offline Young Nick

• Jayson Tatum
I am new here so I admit that you definitely know more about how these things go than I do. I still believe in a fair fight and thus giving people a few minutes' leniency. AB_Celtic could have autopicked from airb's list the second the clock struck 3:21, but he gave me fair warning and waited when I told him I was merely deciding between two people.

15 minutes per pick (now 10) is not much time, especially for those who have jobs or are in class when their selections are due. I don't want to be successful by taking advantage of this fact, I want to do so via crafting the best team while we all are on an equal playing field.

This is my own personal style; I am not imposing this upon anyone. I just think that's the best way to go about this in a fantasy game in such a devoted community such as f.CB. Feel free to disagree, these are good conversations to get all 20 GM's on the same page!

« Reply #773 on: March 13, 2014, 03:29:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
New Orleans Pelicans

PG: George Hill/Mario Chalmers
SG: Victor Oladipo/Kobe Bryant
SF: Chandler Parsons/P.J. Tucker
PF: Anthony Davis/Brandon Bass
C: DeAndre Jordan/Enes Kanter

« Reply #774 on: March 13, 2014, 03:39:25 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I am new here so I admit that you definitely know more about how these things go than I do. I still believe in a fair fight and thus giving people a few minutes' leniency. AB_Celtic could have autopicked from airb's list the second the clock struck 3:21, but he gave me fair warning and waited when I told him I was merely deciding between two people.

15 minutes per pick (now 10) is not much time, especially for those who have jobs or are in class when their selections are due. I don't want to be successful by taking advantage of this fact, I want to do so via crafting the best team while we all are on an equal playing field.

This is my own personal style; I am not imposing this upon anyone. I just think that's the best way to go about this in a fantasy game in such a devoted community such as f.CB. Feel free to disagree, these are good conversations to get all 20 GM's on the same page!
I get you.  no problem.  it's a much different dynamic with just 20 GMs than 30.  getting the player you want is more likely with less people picking. 

I'm one of those that work during the draft so I definitely get the challenges and have done as best I can to work within those timelines.   usually I get around this by asking for a team that picks late in the draft but I usually get hosed in the draft rounds with a lot of good players gone before I pick.  I'm actually enjoying being on the opposite end this time around even with the timing issues.  Thankfully AB's been a great sport about helping get my picks in for me.

« Reply #775 on: March 13, 2014, 03:41:17 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Portland will add the playoff tested, Lebron stopping, high IQ'd, all around veteran play of Boris Diaw
BOOO  HISSS

took my next guy you thief!!   guess that's fair play for stealing Brewer from you.

« Reply #776 on: March 13, 2014, 03:45:08 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Dang it, PJ! Let me regroup here.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #777 on: March 13, 2014, 04:00:58 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Finally back. Regarding the missed pick, I just don't understand why an autopick was made so soon. Previously, if you missed a pick like Enzzo, you had the whole day to make it. I don't know why a few rounds later, that is not the case anymore. I expected that consistency.

« Reply #778 on: March 13, 2014, 04:03:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Willing to talk trade with anyone for anyone but know I love the team I have put together and prying anyone but Kobe from the P'Cans means giving up some quality.

« Reply #779 on: March 13, 2014, 04:07:18 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Portland will add the playoff tested, Lebron stopping, high IQ'd, all around veteran play of Boris Diaw
BOOO  HISSS

took my next guy you thief!!   guess that's fair play for stealing Brewer from you.

Ha! Payback!
Dang it, PJ! Let me regroup here.

Haha I feel like we've been on the same page for most of this draft.