Author Topic: 2014 Pick 2: General Commentary  (Read 260309 times)

2014 Pick 2: General Commentary
« on: February 28, 2014, 10:30:49 AM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
All comments on picks, rules, etc. should be made here and not in the draft thread.

Link to draft thread:
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=69943.0

MAKING PICKS
- The times in the draft thread are when your pick is DUE, not when you are on the clock. Make your pick before that time, or you will be skipped by the following GMs.
- If you are going to miss your pick time, you can leave a list with a commissioner (AB_Celtic, BleedGreen1989, or KGs Knee) or another GM.
- Post your picks in the draft thread, and all other comments in the general commentary thread.

TRADES
- Trades must be sent by both parties to a commissioner via PM for processing.
- A commissioner has the right to veto overly-lopsided trades at his or her discretion.
- Trades can include already-drafted players and future picks, but each team must end up with 12 players at the end of the game. No 2-for-1 swaps.

DISCOURSE
- Be respectful of all GMs, commissioners, and spectators.
- Constructive criticism is good, but do not post anything along the lines of "that was a dumb pick."
- Do not discuss players who have not already been drafted.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:49:45 PM by AB_Celtic »

Re: 2014 Pick 2: GENERAL COMMENTARY
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 10:33:02 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
TP to AB for setting it all up!

*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 10:33:58 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
interesting that the last pick in the franchise round gets the 1st pick in every subsequent round.

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 10:35:52 AM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• Ray Allen
interesting that the last pick in the franchise round gets the 1st pick in every subsequent round.

That's how it was done last year, and I think it's the best way to ensure parity in a very top-heavy NBA.

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 11:14:41 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Might have to move back to the second day of keepers draft due to exams. Anybody interested in the 6th team selection, let me know. Is that even legal?
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 11:16:48 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Might have to move back to the second day of keepers draft due to exams. Anybody interested in the 6th team selection, let me know. Is that even legal?

I don't think it is legal, but you can just give a list to AB or someone who'll be around - there are a few teams that'll almost certainly go before you, so it doesn't even have to be 6 teams long.

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 11:18:30 AM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• Ray Allen

I don't think it is legal, but you can just give a list to AB or someone who'll be around - there are a few teams that'll almost certainly go before you, so it doesn't even have to be 6 teams long.

Last year there was some discussion of swapping entire pick "sets" but I don't think anyone ever did it. I wouldn't be entirely opposed.

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 11:28:01 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo

Last year there was some discussion of swapping entire pick "sets" but I don't think anyone ever did it. I wouldn't be entirely opposed.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind that.

Or paying an additional later round pick to swap franchise picks.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 11:51:23 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

That's how it was done last year, and I think it's the best way to ensure parity in a very top-heavy NBA.
that's how it's been done every year.  The person getting Durant and Westbrook should be at the end.  this is coming from someone who has always gotten an early team selection and had to make late player selections (due to work issues).  looking forward to trying it from the other way around this time.

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 12:33:18 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• Ray Allen
A note on trades:

Trades must be sent by both parties via PM to AB_Celtic, BleedGreen1989, or KGs Knee for processing. Excessively lopsided trades may be blocked by a Commissioner at his or her discretion.

Please send trades in this format:
Team A sends: Player A, Player B
Team B sends: Player C, Player D

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 12:53:24 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
I will veto any trade that does not personally net me a superstar...

(Just kidding)
*CB Miami Heat*

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 01:39:16 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• Ray Allen
If anyone wants to discuss rules, now would be the time to do it.

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 12:54:00 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Just awaiting taking a team with the 10th pick that should have gone much higher.

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 12:56:49 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Just awaiting taking a team with the 10th pick that should have gone much higher.

Its the best place to be picking. Plus, you don't have that hollow, "I've been handed a superhero team and I have zero challenge for the rest of this thing" feeling you get with a Thunder or Heat pick.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 02:37:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Its the best place to be picking. Plus, you don't have that hollow, "I've been handed a superhero team and I have zero challenge for the rest of this thing" feeling you get with a Thunder or Heat pick.
I was thinking it might be cool to have one of the last franchise picks knowing that you get the cream of the crop of players left knowing that there will be ten teams left over to filch the best players from those teams that didn't get to protect two players.