Author Topic: Jimmer Fredette?  (Read 11140 times)

Re: Jimmer Fredette?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 03:15:24 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
He's allegedly close to signing with the Bulls.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10525785/chicago-bulls-cleveland-cavs-interested-jimmer-fredette-sources-say

Oh boy, I can't wait to watch Thibs try and get Jimmer to play defense.
I look at John Lucas III last year and that is all the evidence I need to think that Jimmer will light it up in Chicago.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 05:01:21 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Boozer ....Korver...Neither defended at all and are adequate after playing for Thibs.  Jimmer will be at least adequate within Thibs' system.

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2014, 06:00:03 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
I'm surprised Ainge isn't jumping on him.  Typical Eddie House or Dana Barros type player that can give your 2nd unit a lift in the scoring department for 10-15 minutes per.

Everyone cites defense & ball handling as his downfalls but he's better than House was on both issues.

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2014, 06:20:52 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I'm surprised Ainge isn't jumping on him.  Typical Eddie House or Dana Barros type player that can give your 2nd unit a lift in the scoring department for 10-15 minutes per.

Everyone cites defense & ball handling as his downfalls but he's better than House was on both issues.
And what are you going to do with him for the last third of a lost season? Yeah, I thought so. And so did Ainge.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2014, 06:23:52 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10525785/chicago-bulls-cleveland-cavs-interested-jimmer-fredette-sources-say

I look at John Lucas III last year and that is all the evidence I need to think that Jimmer will light it up in Chicago.
John Lucas III is much better at basketball than Jimmer, though.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2014, 06:27:27 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell

And what are you going to do with him for the last third of a lost season? Yeah, I thought so. And so did Ainge.

Get a look at him, that's what I would do.  Mostly at the backup PG position, taking Pressey's minutes.  I've seen Pressey enough to know where I'm at with him.

With injuries, he'll probably play some 2 when Rondo is running the point and with Bradley out.  Mostly backup PG though.

He's better than Pressey.

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2014, 07:22:28 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Get a look at him, that's what I would do.  Mostly at the backup PG position, taking Pressey's minutes.  I've seen Pressey enough to know where I'm at with him.

With injuries, he'll probably play some 2 when Rondo is running the point and with Bradley out.  Mostly backup PG though.

Yeah, that's great. It is also useless, because he's UFA again in the offseason.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2014, 08:07:31 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell

Yeah, that's great. It is also useless, because he's UFA again in the offseason.

So you retain him if you like what you see.  How is that 'useless' ?

If he's better than your current guy, why not see how he fits in your system.  You've taken a look at how Pressey fits.

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2014, 08:09:57 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

The celtics had the room and MLE to sign him to a decent long-term deal if both parties were interested.  Both parties were not interested -- either the C's, Jimmer, or both.

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2014, 08:22:33 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Wrong.  Maybe start rooting for John Lucas IV.

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2014, 10:42:38 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Wrong.  Maybe start rooting for John Lucas IV.

Pffft.

http://bkref.com/tiny/xJHvv

They're pretty close to a wash, but Jimmer has a career negative defensive win share. He's a better shooter, but that's about it.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2014, 11:10:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Perfect college player.....he is lost amoungst the NBA Starr's , trees and athletic talent level in the pros

He is soon to unemployed as  NBA player...."maybe he'll be a high school coach

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2014, 11:10:45 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Perfect college player.....he is lost amoungst the NBA Starr's , trees and athletic talent level in the pros

He is soon to unemployed as  NBA player...."maybe he'll be a high school coach

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2014, 12:42:32 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell

The celtics had the room and MLE to sign him to a decent long-term deal if both parties were interested.  Both parties were not interested -- either the C's, Jimmer, or both.

Per

@GwashburnGlobe

Danny Ainge said the Celtics very much had interest in Jimmer Fredette but it 'wasn't a good fit for either side'

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2014, 03:47:52 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
So you retain him if you like what you see.  How is that 'useless' ?

If he's better than your current guy, why not see how he fits in your system.  You've taken a look at how Pressey fits.
You don't spend your cap space on career backups or generally replaceable players until you have all other pieces in place. The Celtics don't.