Author Topic: Hawks (26-29) at Celtics (19-39) Game #59 2/26/14  (Read 39373 times)

Re: Hawks (26-29) at Celtics (19-39) Game #59 2/26/14
« Reply #165 on: February 27, 2014, 02:28:27 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
HOLY CRAP, WE WON ONE!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2014, 03:46:41 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
I'm sorry but the following two posts just baffle me as to why you would want the Celtics to lose out on a playoff slot.  now I understand that even though it's ridiculously improbable to advance from the eight spot, it is not totally impossible to win a championship because guess what, you just made the playoffs and if you caught Miami in the first round you know freaky things happen with the C's and the Heat.  tanking is one thing but to not want to watch your team in the playoffs, takes the cake!!!

Celtics39 said.....I wouldnt even watch the series. Anything less than the 5th worst record is a dissapointment honestly.

esei1000 said....Would honestly be an awful series, would be a wasted year, and would set us up for further mediocrity.. How anybody could root for the 8th seed is beyond me.

« Reply #167 on: February 27, 2014, 04:11:49 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Did you watch Heat/Bucks last year?

Because I did. I watched all four games.

and it was awful.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #168 on: February 27, 2014, 07:50:47 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown

and it was awful.

But we're talking about watching the Celtics.  you are a Celtic fan, right???

This team will get better but I will stick with them through their lean times also. I'm not going to someday hear they got better and start watching again, that's a fair weather fan!!!

« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2014, 07:58:22 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I'm sorry but the following two posts just baffle me as to why you would want the Celtics to lose out on a playoff slot.  now I understand that even though it's ridiculously improbable to advance from the eight spot, it is not totally impossible to win a championship because guess what, you just made the playoffs and if you caught Miami in the first round you know freaky things happen with the C's and the Heat.  tanking is one thing but to not want to watch your team in the playoffs, takes the cake!!!

Celtics39 said.....I wouldnt even watch the series. Anything less than the 5th worst record is a dissapointment honestly.

esei1000 said....Would honestly be an awful series, would be a wasted year, and would set us up for further mediocrity.. How anybody could root for the 8th seed is beyond me.

You're right I did say that. Quote me on it all day please, because it's true. The only reason this team could make the playoffs is because the eastern conference is so awful and that's no way to win...

Guess what, you know what a 4 game series against the Pacers or Heat would look like? Pretty much the same way every game we play against a contender this year looks like... a blowout, embaressing loss.

So where does that leave us... this same roster and the 16th seed? Great we'll work our way up to medicore. We can just be the Hawks now.

Guess what...2008 wouldn't have happened without the 5th pick in the draft, getting Ray here and KG agreeing to resign. Guess what... we don't improve as a team unless we get a top pick, an asset, in this draft, which we either get an impact player or make a trade like 07. DA isn't stupid, he knows he needs the pick, and he isn't going to mess around with it like tank teams without a plan like the Cavs and Bobcats do. This is part of the plan.

I watch every game I can because I want to see the young players develop. So I'm not a fair weather fan. But I'd be foolish to root for a playoff spot. I want to contend again... not be a feel good story. This is the Celtics, it's championship or bust, not garbage team made it to the playoffs and got blown out. We don't need the playoffs to feel good like Raptors or Wizards or Bobcats do. We just don't...

« Reply #170 on: February 27, 2014, 07:59:24 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

and it was awful.

This team will get better but I will stick with them through their lean times also. I'm not going to someday hear they got better and start watching again, that's a fair weather fan!!!

Just because it's bad basketball in a Celtics jersey doesn't mean that it isn't bad basketball. I'd root for the Celtics to win if they grabbed the 8th slot, obviously, but it'd be hard to watch them get run out of the gym in a four or five game series against Indiana or Miami.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #171 on: February 27, 2014, 08:05:37 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

and it was awful.

I think anybody who is posting here right now or during a weeknight game btw two subpar Hawks/Celtics squads would fall outside the realm of "fair weather fan".

Questioning their fanhood wouldn't exactly be the right route to go...

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #172 on: February 28, 2014, 10:46:14 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
At one point I thought the tankers "losing" philosophy was for the possibility of getting a top draft pick but what we have here are people not wanting the C's to make the playoffs just because of their bad record!!!  I'm sorry but that's ludicris. do you know how many real fans are pulling for their team to sneak into the 8 spot.
at least the tankers have a end game to their theory but to just root for your team to lose because thier record isn't good enough for you....then yes, I am questioning your fanhood!!!

« Reply #173 on: February 28, 2014, 10:48:15 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Well if you continue any further your participation on this message board will be in jeopardy. Questioning others fan hood is explicitly against our rules. So drop it and count this as your warning.

« Reply #174 on: February 28, 2014, 09:28:24 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

and it was awful.

I think anybody who is posting here right now or during a weeknight game btw two subpar Hawks/Celtics squads would fall outside the realm of "fair weather fan".

Questioning their fanhood wouldn't exactly be the right route to go...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
LET'S GO CELTICS!