Author Topic: Celtics (19-38) at Jazz (19-36) Game #58 2/24/14  (Read 42157 times)

Re: Celtics (19-38) at Jazz (19-36) Game #58 2/24/14
« Reply #180 on: February 25, 2014, 09:02:05 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
This just in:  The Boston Celtics are hot garbage

Losing back-to-back-to-back games to the Lakers, Kings and Jazz is all kinds of special. 

Wiggins or bust.

This is a great road trip for the tankers. Nothing better than losing to other tankers. We're still trailing the Sixers in that department though. They lost by 20 to the bucks.

Close 2nd though.

Well we are 2-11 in the Rondo era... with our only victories coming against Philly and Orlando.

Safe to say I SEVERELY overrated the impact Rondo would make on this team.  I thought he'd improve us enough to make the playoffs.  In retrospect, I must have been drinking homer KoolAid... Rondo barely moves the needle for this ballclub.

Not Rondo's fault......like I said in a previous post, Rondo has been setting these guys up with great shots but the shooting has been horrific. I have never seen a team miss as many easy close in shots as the Celtics!!!  on top of that guys have been passing up shots because they know they're shooting like crap.
This.

Rondo has done well setting up the other players but they've been horrible at finishing.  Green, Bass, Hump and Wallace have not done well at finishing when they have open shots off Rondo passes.  if those passes were going to PP, KG and Ray, there's a lot more makes and Rondo has a lot more assists.

I said this earlier in the year before Rondo came back.  He was going to have minimal impact on this team.  He needs shooters and this team doesn't have any and he took a year off from basketball because of an injury....to me he gets a pass this year...