Author Topic: Make The best Starting five without these players.  (Read 15727 times)

Re: Make The best Starting five without these players.
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2014, 02:39:12 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
PG - Rajon Rondo
SG - Paul George
SF - Andre Iguodala
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
C - Joakim Noah

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 04:24:39 PM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
Chris Paul
Steph Curry
Paul George
Anthony Davis
Demarcus Cousins
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 04:28:40 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Chris Paul
Andre Iguoldala
Paul George
Kevin Love
Joakim Noah
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 04:34:42 PM »

Offline CelticMaclean

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
PG Chris Paul
SG Andre Iguodala
SF Paul George
PF Anthony Davis
C Joakim Noah

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 06:55:36 PM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
To win a championship this year? I'll assume that's the goal. I like the emphasis on "most complete."

Hibbert
Nowitzki
George
Curry
Paul

I'm stunned that no one else has picked Hibbert. Defense!

I was really close to picking Hibbert, but i like Noahs energy and heart.

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2014, 07:28:51 PM »

fitzhickey

Rondo
Curry
George
Love
Davis

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2014, 08:16:23 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Rajon Rondo
Paul George
Andre Iguodala
Kevin Love
Anthony Davis
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2014, 11:53:13 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
This season-

Paul
George
Davis
Dirk
M Gasol

Davis has the quickness and athleticism to cover 3's  and I still like the spacing this team can create offensively as all 5 players can shoot (Davis and Gasol having solid mid-range J's).

Next decade-

Irving
George
J Parker
Davis
Cousins, Drummond, or Embiid

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2014, 02:48:26 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant (healthy)
Paul George
Anthony Davis
Roy Hibbert

Why?

- Paul arguably is the greatest all-round PG to play in the league since John Stockson.  He can do everything.  He
s a scoring threat from anywhere on the court, he's a top level defender at his position, he's an elite ball handler, he has great speed, elite IQ and court vision, flawless leadership skills, amazing history of coming up big in the clutch, and he has mental toughness to rival the top stars in the league.

- When healthy Kobe, even at his current age, is still the greatest shooting guard in the NBA.  He's not quite the defender he once was, but he's an old-school player who is tough as nails, he's the ultimate competitor, and he will not take losing as an option.  To this day he's still an elite scorer who can destroy you in so many ways - in the post, off the dribble, midrange fadeaways, from three, from the foul line...you name it. He's got great IQ, he's one of the better passing guards in the league and he's a great rebounder for his position. No matter his age, he is a matchup nightmare for anybody.

- Paul George is the ultimate all rounder.  Perfect balance between size and quickness, he's an elite defender who can guard almost any position on the court.  He's also an incredibly versatile offensive player who (like Kobe) can score in pretty much any way you imagine.  Despite his offensive ability, he's a guy who doesn't really NEED the ball in his hands to dominate - he can win games with his defense, his rebouding and his passing skills equally well.

- At PF it was really hard chosing between Anthony Davis and Demarcus Cousins. In the end I chose Davis only because of his athletic skill set and his defensive capabilities.  Cousins is an elite player right now, but I can imagine him somtimes strugglng to defend some of the quicker PF's in the NBA, making him probably more suited to center.  Davis however can defend either position and can step out to the perimeter at times too if needed.  He can score inside or out, he's a good rebounder, and an elite shot blocker...but he's also an unselfish guy who would be a perfect piece on a team that is stacked with elite talent

- At Center I chose Hibbert only because there is already SO MUCH scoring talent on this team, so another elite scorer really wasn't needed.  All you need is a solid offensive player who can dominate on defense and still be a scoring threat inside and out - Hibbert fits that role perfectly.  At 7'2" he creates matchup nightmares and can shoot over almost anybody either in the post or from midrange.  Defensively his length makes him one of the top defensive bigs in the league.  He's a pretty solid rebounder too, and like Davis he doesn't need the ball in his hands contantly to contribute at a high level. 

I think this team would be nearly impossible to defend.  With Paul, Kobe and George on the perimeter you would have to pick your poison, because any one of those guys could scorch you for 30 on any given night...and you couldn't even dream of leaving one of them open to double team another.

Davis and Hibbert are both elite shotblockers, so for any team trying to drive to the basket would be like walking through a mine field.  Yet both guys can also hit the midrange jumper with decent consistency, so you can't leave them open outside either.

Would love to see this team!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 03:02:30 AM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2014, 03:16:44 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Rondo
George
Deng
Davis
Aldridge

pretty well balanced team with D, shooting, play making, post O and size. They all play differently so on court chemistry might be good.

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2014, 03:30:03 AM »

Offline RRNoLookPass

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 15
Rajon Rondo
Klay Thompson
Paul George
Anthony Davis
Marc Gasol

Rondo thrives with an elite three point shooter next to him to stretch the floor...Klay Thompson is certainly an elite 3p shooter, and his defensive limitations would be hidden by the rest of the team's stellar defensive capabilities. I also think that Thompson, at 6'7", has the size that could help him develop into a solid defender at the SG position. I think George at SF is self-explanatory, and he would leave Rondo another 3p threat to dish to on the perimeter...But unlike many 3p threats, George can drive to the paint and score at will there as well. Davis and Gasol on the frontline would be a defensive terror for opposing teams, and Gasol has the offensive range to play a nice pick & pop game with Rondo, ala KG.

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2014, 01:44:01 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Rajon Rondo, Klay Thompson, Paul George, Anthony Davis, Roy Hibbert
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2014, 01:51:48 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Rajon Rondo
Klay Thompson
Paul George
Kevin Love
Anthony Davis

Great D at 2 positions(Rondo & George)
1 amazing Defender in Davis
2 great shooters
Perfect PG
with the perfect slasher.
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2014, 02:12:04 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
To win a championship this year? I'll assume that's the goal. I like the emphasis on "most complete."

Hibbert
Nowitzki
George
Curry
Paul

I can't really argue with that. I think you need one of those two. I'm not willing to bet on Davis until he's been through a couple of deep playoff runs.

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2014, 03:46:52 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Hibbert
Nowitzki
George
Curry
Paul

I can't really argue with that. I think you need one of those two. I'm not willing to bet on Davis until he's been through a couple of deep playoff runs.

But when was the last time we've had a player play at Davis' level during the regular season and be a total bust during the playoffs?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 05:18:51 PM by Eddie20 »