Author Topic: Granger to Philly for Turner  (Read 14614 times)

Re: Granger to Philly for Turner
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2014, 05:35:08 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I wonder if it some sort of an audition for Evan Turner. As a fall-back this summer if Lance Stephenson leaves the team. To replace L.Stephenson.

Big two guard. Plus defender. Fantastic rebounder. Secondary ball-handling and passing. Somewhat similar skill-set to what Lance Stephenson provides.

« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2014, 06:07:06 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
I love Danny boy, but Larry Legend is the man. This is a great trade for the Pacers, as Granger reminded me to Michael Finley in his Celtic days.

The Pacers should start Turner and Hill, bringing Stephenson off the bench. And Lavoy Allen makes them a very deep team at the big department. Great deal.

What I'll never understand is why didn't the Pacers trade Granger when his value was at its highest. They should've read CelticsBlog and listen to Celticblogger's wisdom  ;D

Nice play by Hanscrub. Indy just need an All Star player to be a scary team. Darren Collison isn't impressing me, but Hibbert is a really skilled big, and Paul George is a year away or less of being their best player.

I don't understand why Hansbrough is getting minutes over McRoberts, Jeff Foster or Dunleavy...  :o

The Pacers are not playing "turrible", but they're not playing good ball either. The Bulls are not that good, and D-Rose is Lebron light without choking abilities... so far.

Go Pacers, make Da Bulls sweat at least!

Rose is nothing like LeBron. LeBron is literally twice the player.

And Hansbrough - did you see his Game 1?

I'd rather have LeBron than Rose on my team, but the kid attacks the basket for the and 1 like LeBron. He has no peripheral vision  ;)

And though Hansbrough had a good shooting game 1, the Pacers need more size and defense inside against Boozer. If Indiana can get some value out of him and Granger they'd better do it. Dunleavy and McRoberts have played way better than those 2. And Paul George is more of a presence too.

Just my opinion, I may be wrong, but I doubt it  ;)

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2014, 06:10:19 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
I love Danny boy, but Larry Legend is the man. This is a great trade for the Pacers, as Granger reminded me to Michael Finley in his Celtic days.

The Pacers should start Turner and Hill, bringing Stephenson off the bench. And Lavoy Allen makes them a very deep team at the big department. Great deal.

What I'll never understand is why didn't the Pacers trade Granger when his value was at its highest. They should've read CelticsBlog and listen to Celticblogger's wisdom  ;D

Nice play by Hanscrub. Indy just need an All Star player to be a scary team. Darren Collison isn't impressing me, but Hibbert is a really skilled big, and Paul George is a year away or less of being their best player.

I don't understand why Hansbrough is getting minutes over McRoberts, Jeff Foster or Dunleavy...  :o

The Pacers are not playing "turrible", but they're not playing good ball either. The Bulls are not that good, and D-Rose is Lebron light without choking abilities... so far.

Go Pacers, make Da Bulls sweat at least!

Rose is nothing like LeBron. LeBron is literally twice the player.

And Hansbrough - did you see his Game 1?

I'd rather have LeBron than Rose on my team, but the kid attacks the basket for the and 1 like LeBron. He has no peripheral vision  ;)

And though Hansbrough had a good shooting game 1, the Pacers need more size and defense inside against Boozer. If Indiana can get some value out of him and Granger they'd better do it. Dunleavy and McRoberts have played way better than those 2. And Paul George is more of a presence too.

Just my opinion, I may be wrong, but I doubt it  ;)

Nice Call...TP
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2014, 06:25:30 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I wonder if it some sort of an audition for Evan Turner. As a fall-back this summer if Lance Stephenson leaves the team. To replace L.Stephenson.

Big two guard. Plus defender. Fantastic rebounder. Secondary ball-handling and passing. Somewhat similar skill-set to what Lance Stephenson provides.

I agree with this 100%. Pacers get something for this season's playoff run and can turn Turner into a solid 6th man. It will lower Turner's value as a potential star (that ship has basically sailed anyway) and gives the Hoosiers a good look at where they can work on his game.
They could also try to lower Stephenson's value but I doubt that will work.

Turner's qualifying offer is about $9 million if  I remember correctly and Lace will 100% go for more than that which Indiana can unlikely afford.
Smart move by Larry. Smart move by Philly.
No one wants to touch Turner with that QO, similarly to the problems we'll face with Jeff Green soon.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2014, 07:29:46 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
The Sixers will indeed buyout Danny Granger, according to Jake Pavorsky.

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2014, 07:32:29 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
The Sixers will indeed buyout Danny Granger, according to Jake Pavorsky.

Spurs?

« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2014, 07:37:21 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
This is some truly shameless tanking from Philly.

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2014, 07:38:22 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Well, they made the trade to get a 2nd rounder, not to get Granger. He doesn't want to play for them either

« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2014, 08:14:21 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Agree, and lets just hope that the cHeat aren't the beneficiaries of it.

« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2014, 08:23:04 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
he should go to the Nets to back up Pierce and iso Joe. The Russian Mark Cuban can also give him a house in Russia under the table.

« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2014, 08:41:17 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
The 10-45 Bucks are up on Philly right now by almost 30 points and it's still the 3rd quarter.  They are so shameless

« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2014, 11:18:45 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
So when Granger signs with the Heat, does that almost guarantee the threepeat?

« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2014, 11:24:00 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
So when Granger signs with the Heat, does that almost guarantee the threepeat?

Well, if Miami threepeats, I don't think Danny Granger will have much of an effect either way (lol.)

I gotta say though, Indiana is pretty stacked now with the additions of Turner, Lavoy Allen and Andrew Bynum.

It's going to be a war between the two teams in the ECF.

« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2014, 11:51:39 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

So...which one might we get with the TE?