Author Topic: Antawn Jamison traded to Atlanta Hawks  (Read 4766 times)

Re: Antawn Jamison traded to Atlanta Hawks
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 05:54:28 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
The only player on this list to ever get waived:
http://bkref.com/tiny/tiiCr

I believe the Hornets signed Robert Parish to a three-year deal then released him after two seasons, avoiding the unguaranteed final season.

Moses Malone's second stint in Philly ended with him being waived.

Walt Bellamy was taken by the New Orleans Jazz in the expansion draft and played one game for them (the last of his career) before being waived.

My mistake. Parish was bought out by the Hornets, though.

Yeah, it'd be a little weird to see Antawn outside of the hall of fame, just based on his numbers.

But it'd be just as weird to see him in, although I think his college career helps him counter-balance his meh NBA career.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 06:00:26 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I believe the Hornets signed Robert Parish to a three-year deal then released him after two seasons, avoiding the unguaranteed final season.

Walt Bellamy was taken by the New Orleans Jazz in the expansion draft and played one game for them (the last of his career) before being waived.

Yeah, it'd be a little weird to see Antawn outside of the hall of fame, just based on his numbers.

But it'd be just as weird to see him in, although I think his college career helps him counter-balance his meh NBA career.

I think it's hard to put a two-time all-star (no championships, no All-NBA teams) in the HOF due exclusively to longevity and a good college career (including a great junior year).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2014, 06:12:35 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I think it's hard to put a two-time all-star (no championships, no All-NBA teams) in the HOF due exclusively to longevity and a good college career (including a great junior year).

That's a little unfair, though. There are loads of NBA players who played for 16 years and didn't average an 18/7

You're right, though, that he's got a pretty threadbare resume beyond that
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2014, 07:03:42 PM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Is he really cooked, or is he just not getting the PT cuz hes on the down slope of his career?

Looking at his career numbers (per 36 mins) it doesnt look like much of a fall off.  If anything it looks consistent all the way through til he got to the clippers last year (and that drop off may just be a small sample size of extremely short minutes).