Author Topic: Woj: Celtics have no traction on any deals  (Read 21833 times)

Re: Woj: Celtics have no traction on any deals
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2014, 03:10:45 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
welp that's that.  No trade.  Cue the months of speculation about draft-day Rondo deals.

Seeing as you'll do most of the speculating, consider yourself cued.

« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2014, 03:13:06 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
welp that's that.  No trade.  Cue the months of speculation about draft-day Rondo deals.

I speculate that Rondo won't be traded on draft day unless the Celtics get back a superstar or a package that includes a 2014 top-eight pick, an unprotected future first with lottery potential, and a young player with All-Star potential who is good enough that some fans of the opposing team say they wouldn't trade him straight up for Rondo.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2014, 03:18:58 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

I speculate that Rondo won't be traded on draft day unless the Celtics get back a superstar or a package that includes a 2014 top-eight pick, an unprotected future first with lottery potential, and a young player with All-Star potential who is good enough that some fans of the opposing team say they wouldn't trade him straight up for Rondo.

Good luck. I'd be very pleased with 2/3 of those assets.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2014, 03:19:11 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I just LOL'd!
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2014, 03:19:22 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

touche -- TP for beating me to it.

« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2014, 03:19:49 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

I'm predicting Ainge will hold out for 3/3 (which is what I would do).
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2014, 03:23:12 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff

Give me a hypothetical. Do you mean, say, 2011 Paul George, the Toronto pick Houston got for Harden and the 2018 pick we got from BKN?

« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2014, 03:27:40 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30

Then RR will either re-sign with us or we'll be forced to let him walk for nothing. That's an incredibly unrealistic deal.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2014, 03:31:10 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Then RR will either re-sign with us or we'll be forced to let him walk for nothing. That's an incredibly unrealistic deal.
Celtics set the price tag for ROndo as two unprotected 1sts.  They couldn't trade Rondo to a team like the Lakers right now, because it would only improve their pick. 

I guess there's some truth that a draft-day trade would make a lot more sense.  I'm just assuming we're keeping ROndo long-term, though.  At least through next season when he inevitably flees Boston for the Knicks.

« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2014, 03:34:27 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Celtics set the price tag for ROndo as two unprotected 1sts.  They couldn't trade Rondo to a team like the Lakers right now, because it would only improve their pick. 

I guess there's some truth that a draft-day trade would make a lot more sense.  I'm just assuming we're keeping ROndo long-term, though.  At least through next season when he inevitably flees Boston for the Knicks.

Knicks are becoming Cleveland-esque - no major players go there in 2015 unless there's a shake up in management. I'd even put it at 50/50 Melo resigns there this summer.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2014, 03:35:05 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff

Rondo to the Knicks? Ha!!! I guess the NY media is more influential than I thought. You really think Rondo desires to play with Carmelo as the alpha dog and under Dolan as manager?

« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2014, 03:35:15 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

Give me a hypothetical. Do you mean, say, 2011 Paul George, the Toronto pick Houston got for Harden and the 2018 pick we got from BKN?

Chandler Parsons, a top-eight pick in 2014, and a future completely unprotected pick.

Jared Sullinger, the Celtics 2014 pick, and the 2018 Nets pick.

The rights to Nikola Mirotic and the Bulls' 2015 and 2017 picks without protection.

« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2014, 03:36:06 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

My guess is that Ainge is perfectly okay with the idea of Rondo re-signing with Boston.

« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2014, 03:45:19 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Breaking: Celtics trade 2014 1st round pick traded for jimmer fredette

source: https://twitter.com/KIDPRINCE22/status/304745193125597185

Made me look!
:)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2014, 03:49:39 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

Knicks are becoming Cleveland-esque - no major players go there in 2015 unless there's a shake up in management. I'd even put it at 50/50 Melo resigns there this summer.

The knicks can sell themselves as haivng the biggest of all markets. They have the city that never sleeps. And the best they could do in the summer of Lebron was overpay Amare Stoudemire.

And now they are botching the Carmelo era.

It's amazing how bad they are run ever since trading away Patrick Ewing.