Author Topic: Rumor: OKC looking at Shump for a 1st  (Read 3468 times)

Re: Rumor: OKC looking at Shump for a 1st
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 01:16:23 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Give me a break.  Shump has been the most overrated player in the league if you go by the trade rumors. 

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 01:18:24 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I can imagine the joy acquiring a 28th or so pick in a draft would bring to the Knicks. They could possibly take over the world with such a treasure.

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 01:19:58 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I can imagine the joy acquiring a 28th or so pick in a draft would bring to the Knicks. They could possibly take over the world with such a treasure.
Best case scenario for C's remains that they acquire a low future first round pick to get around the Stepian rule and trade one of their own first rounders again unprotected.

Don't let me down Dolan.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 01:20:16 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Haha!  TP, that cracked me up.

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 01:20:26 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I say Shump stays where he is. Just so you know my statement has about as much credibility as Broussard

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 01:30:57 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
That would be a great get for Oklahoma. I'd love to see Danny get in on that action.

Do not understand why Knicks are trying so hard to dump Shumpert.

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 01:35:33 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
That would be a great get for Oklahoma. I'd love to see Danny get in on that action.

Do not understand why Knicks are trying so hard to dump Shumpert.
Injury history with his knee and not developing in their organization.

They've clearly soured on him something fierce.

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 01:45:12 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
No way an organization that values the draft as highly as OKC spends a first-rounder on Shumpert.  Remember, they've been resistant to using a first-rounder even to dump Perkins' contract - I'm expected to believe they'd offer one up for Iman Shumpert?

All a moot point, since a) it's Sauces Broussard and b) he's since followed up that tweet by saying there's no traction on it.

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 01:46:48 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
No way an organization that values the draft as highly as OKC spends a first-rounder on Shumpert.  Remember, they've been resistant to using a first-rounder even to dump Perkins' contract - I'm expected to believe they'd offer one up for Iman Shumpert?

All a moot point, since a) it's Sauces Broussard and b) he's since followed up that tweet by saying there's no traction on it.
Why wouldn't they? Shumpert is probably better for the future than a bottom three pick in the upcoming draft. And he can help this year if his knee injury isn't bad.

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 01:51:26 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

Why wouldn't they? Shumpert is probably better for the future than a bottom three pick in the upcoming draft. And he can help this year if his knee injury isn't bad.

Because they've historically been reticent about parting with first-round draft picks due to their financial situation and their great scouting.  Since 2009, the only notable trades involving first-rounders that come to mind are the Thabo Sefolosha trade (when KD, Green, and Westbrook were all still on rookie contracts and they had an abundance of cap space) and the Perkins trade.

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 01:54:09 PM »

Offline henr1k

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 58
Take it for what its worth from Chris Broussard:

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 2m

Lots riding on Shumpert MRI: in addition to possibly going to LAC, source says possible he goes to OKC for 1st round pick. If mcl not torn!

Knicks leaking out fake info to get Clippers back to the table. Someone please post Broussard multiple sources pic

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 01:54:50 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Shumpert, in my opinion, is an overrated player who isnt worth a first round pick if you ask me.
New York are dreaming right now, hoping to gain some draft picks that can make up for dealing their own picks.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 01:57:30 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 02:06:11 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
listening to knicks fans they all seem to think shump's game has fallen of the face of the planet. I never really thought he was that good to begin with. but if OKC is looking for a SF we got 2.