Author Topic: Rumor: Cs/Lakers/Wolves trade talk (Source known faker on Twitter)  (Read 13172 times)

Re: Rumor: Cs/Lakers/Wolves trade talks, Kevin Love involved?
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2014, 10:53:49 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
well fake rumor = trade machine for me lol here is my idea

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mfdmd9e

twolves get Pau Gasol, K.O. and a pick

Lakers get Green, Hump, and shved

We get some Love

That package to the Lakers is arguably better than what the Wolves get. No way we get Love for that.

To even begin Love discussions I think it would take Sully, Green, and 3 of our ten first rounders. And even then I'm not sure Minny gets very interested.

I dont think love is worth all that.....imo people over value him.....yes he is darn good but here is my issue.....HE HAS NOT PLAYED ONE PLAYOFF GAME! If he was worth greensully and 3 picks he would have led minny to a playoff at least once. Also everyone know he isntbstaying......so getting a gasol rubio connection... prospect in KO and a pick isnt a bad start....Rubio martin budinger/brewer pau and petrovic isnt a bad lineup at all....they could prly resign pau at a discount bcof rubio or let him expire for free agency......

But my point here is Love is not worth as much as most think

Love is valued as a star player in the NBA.  Star players draw fans.  Star players also draw other star players.  If you have Love and a second star, other star players say "maybe I want to play with those two.  We could win."  Then once that third star comes, role players come on cheaper deals, because if you're going to take the minimum, you want to be on a winning team.

Maybe Love is overrated as an NBA player, but he's perceived as a star, and that's worth something in and of itself.

Dont get me wrong Love is a great player and a star but not to the point people are dying to point of being able to draw others in....i mean he has been in minny for 6 years? And no other star has came or been traded there.....i know kahn has a lot to do with that but still.....Love is great. He is a star that draws fans.....but he is a star that is drawn towards other stars......not a star who draws in other star players?

Im not saying Love is worth that much, im just say thats what Minny would start talks at. Minny doesnt want to trade him right now, if we wanted him and came with that offer (yes overvalued) it would make them think rather than just hang up the phone.

Adding a second star like Love, you have to break the bank for him. Talent like his is what you need to build around in todays contending nba and if you have to overpay to get him as a second star you do it.

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2014, 11:01:05 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
well fake rumor = trade machine for me lol here is my idea

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mfdmd9e

twolves get Pau Gasol, K.O. and a pick

Lakers get Green, Hump, and shved

We get some Love

That package to the Lakers is arguably better than what the Wolves get. No way we get Love for that.

To even begin Love discussions I think it would take Sully, Green, and 3 of our ten first rounders. And even then I'm not sure Minny gets very interested.

I dont think love is worth all that.....imo people over value him.....yes he is darn good but here is my issue.....HE HAS NOT PLAYED ONE PLAYOFF GAME! If he was worth greensully and 3 picks he would have led minny to a playoff at least once. Also everyone know he isntbstaying......so getting a gasol rubio connection... prospect in KO and a pick isnt a bad start....Rubio martin budinger/brewer pau and petrovic isnt a bad lineup at all....they could prly resign pau at a discount bcof rubio or let him expire for free agency......

But my point here is Love is not worth as much as most think

Love is valued as a star player in the NBA.  Star players draw fans.  Star players also draw other star players.  If you have Love and a second star, other star players say "maybe I want to play with those two.  We could win."  Then once that third star comes, role players come on cheaper deals, because if you're going to take the minimum, you want to be on a winning team.

Maybe Love is overrated as an NBA player, but he's perceived as a star, and that's worth something in and of itself.

Dont get me wrong Love is a great player and a star but not to the point people are dying to point of being able to draw others in....i mean he has been in minny for 6 years? And no other star has came or been traded there.....i know kahn has a lot to do with that but still.....Love is great. He is a star that draws fans.....but he is a star that is drawn towards other stars......not a star who draws in other star players?

Im not saying Love is worth that much, im just say thats what Minny would start talks at. Minny doesnt want to trade him right now, if we wanted him and came with that offer (yes overvalued) it would make them think rather than just hang up the phone.

Adding a second star like Love, you have to break the bank for him. Talent like his is what you need to build around in todays contending nba and if you have to overpay to get him as a second star you do it.

I agree with you just not sure if i would break the bank for love....love and rondo cant do it alone...bass and bradley helps? I dont even know....who starts at sf? .......if we go all in and get love...i dunno who else we get to round out the team......i have a hard time trading sully when he is an average not poormans Love already...id rather trade bradley green and picks for a star.....idk who a sf sg or center.......duh lol

Re: Rumor: Cs/Lakers/Wolves trade talk (Source known faker on Twitter)
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2014, 11:07:49 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Bradley, Green, and picks will not get you a star.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2014, 11:33:26 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I would trade anything except Rondo for Love. Green+Sully+2 picks maybe?

Make it three, give them one for 2016 too.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2014, 11:44:09 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Bradley, Green, and picks will not get you a star.

I guess i depends when that trade happens....if now...prly not...but on draft day when we have a top 5 pick then yea maybe it does.

A light bulb just went off......

So if we got love this year.....then we will prly bebin contention at least playoffs next few years....so those years picks will be almsot second rounders....thus making green sully andb3 picks sound ok...when u think bout where those picks will be........if it means we keep rondo then yea trade sully i guess.....thats hard tho.....rather keep both rondo and sully tho......if we trade both....i may give up in the nba all together

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2014, 11:55:35 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
truth is, kevin love should be traded today but the wolves are pretty dumb.

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2014, 12:04:50 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
Isn't the GM of the Wolves Flip Saunders, who has been associated with the Celtics at times (helping the offense out 2 years ago and becoming an advisor for the C's coaching staff)? And we got KG because the GM of the Wolves at the time was Kevin McHale, who was also associated with the C's (having played with them and holding ties with the organization)?

8) :o 8)

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2014, 12:21:08 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 869
I don't know about us getting Love.  First, I think he is good for sure but somewhat over-rated due to inflated numbers.  Kind of like a David Lee.

Second, we have to be a place Kevin Love would want to resign long term.  I know he has made statements about not being set on LA but it sure seems hard to believe he won't go sign with the Lakers.

And third, we have to come up with a deal the Timberdogs will like.  The best we can offer (assuming we keep Rondo) is Green + Sullinger + Picks.  That is some value for sure but probably not the best deal they can get.

So then we move forward with Rondo, Love, Bradley and big holes at SF and Center.  Not sure we can sell that to Love.  The Lakers could end up being Kobe, Carmelo (or LeBron), Love, Gasol, and a scrub PG; not a bad team for a couple of runs at a title.