Author Topic: Rumor: Cs/Lakers/Wolves trade talk (Source known faker on Twitter)  (Read 13166 times)

Re: Rumor: Cs/Lakers/Wolves trade talks, Kevin Love involved?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2014, 04:32:02 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Fake. This guy is making stuff up.

Stein's not a guy to make stuff up.

But could it be, would the Lakers possibly help the C's get Love just in order to land Rondo?

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2014, 04:37:08 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

But could it be, would the Lakers possibly help the C's get Love just in order to land Rondo?
This was not on Stein's page, and Stein was not endorsing it in any form or shape.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 04:38:44 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

MIN provides the Love.
BOS provides the Rondo.

What do the Lakers have to offer?

Plus it's seems pretty counter-intuitive to me to get Love on this roster, filled with PFs, while giving up Rondo.

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 06:17:34 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Thanks, yeah. I see it's not a direct Stein tweet.

Also, Love without Rondo does give Stevens five PFs he could put on the court at once. ;) Would make more sense in a two-way with Sully and lots of picks, but Sully and Peko don't seem like a good pairing for Minny either. (KO would be better, but I don't expect Minny to have that vision.)

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2014, 06:32:14 AM »

Offline e4sym0de

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
Don´t think Minnessota is dealing Love. However i could see them prefering Humphries expiring over the mentioned Green.

Humps Expiring + Sully or Bradley + Boston´14 + Clips´15 is a more appealing offer than what was rumored to be the kings offer for Rondo and I read many posts which suggested they would like to see this trade.

Hopefully we trade for "the right Star" rather than trade Rondo and go through a longer rebuild (Just my personal wish :))

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2014, 07:27:26 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Just people making things up to get their twitter handles attention.

Maybe. They did break the Rondo-to-Rockets talks first (see my latest addition to the Rondo-to-Rockets thread), which Stein later confirmed. I trust Stein. I understand the skepticism and agree that it is necessary but an account with nearly 12k followers that says something this daring has to be at least addressed.

I've seen or heard a couple of people who say that there's nothing to the Celts/Rockets talks. You can't trust any rumors until there's a deal.

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2014, 07:38:44 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
"Incarcerated bob" is a well-known false rumor generator. I'd rather trust "Imprisoned Deli Guy".

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2014, 08:15:27 AM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175
I highly doubt the Lakers would facilitate another team acquiring Love - especially the Celtics...

No fire until we see smoke and there is no smoke here
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2014, 10:08:15 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
well fake rumor = trade machine for me lol here is my idea

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mfdmd9e

twolves get Pau Gasol, K.O. and a pick

Lakers get Green, Hump, and shved

We get some Love

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2014, 10:22:07 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

We get some Love

That package to the Lakers is arguably better than what the Wolves get. No way we get Love for that.

To even begin Love discussions I think it would take Sully, Green, and 3 of our ten first rounders. And even then I'm not sure Minny gets very interested.

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2014, 10:23:58 AM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I know it's been said but this is fake with a capital FAKE

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2014, 10:30:35 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Vescey tweeted this:  "KL will only commit 2 team w winning culture. Meaning Celtics r in his sights, as are Bulls. Both have lots to exchange...."

I think the Lakers have a winning culture also and I read KL's girlfriend lives in LALA land.

I don't see this happening at all.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2014, 10:38:29 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton

We get some Love

That package to the Lakers is arguably better than what the Wolves get. No way we get Love for that.

To even begin Love discussions I think it would take Sully, Green, and 3 of our ten first rounders. And even then I'm not sure Minny gets very interested.

I dont think love is worth all that.....imo people over value him.....yes he is darn good but here is my issue.....HE HAS NOT PLAYED ONE PLAYOFF GAME! If he was worth greensully and 3 picks he would have led minny to a playoff at least once. Also everyone know he isntbstaying......so getting a gasol rubio connection... prospect in KO and a pick isnt a bad start....Rubio martin budinger/brewer pau and petrovic isnt a bad lineup at all....they could prly resign pau at a discount bcof rubio or let him expire for free agency......

But my point here is Love is not worth as much as most think

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2014, 10:43:37 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

We get some Love

I dont think love is worth all that.....imo people over value him.....yes he is darn good but here is my issue.....HE HAS NOT PLAYED ONE PLAYOFF GAME! If he was worth greensully and 3 picks he would have led minny to a playoff at least once. Also everyone know he isntbstaying......so getting a gasol rubio connection... prospect in KO and a pick isnt a bad start....Rubio martin budinger/brewer pau and petrovic isnt a bad lineup at all....they could prly resign pau at a discount bcof rubio or let him expire for free agency......

Love is valued as a star player in the NBA.  Star players draw fans.  Star players also draw other star players.  If you have Love and a second star, other star players say "maybe I want to play with those two.  We could win."  Then once that third star comes, role players come on cheaper deals, because if you're going to take the minimum, you want to be on a winning team.

Maybe Love is overrated as an NBA player, but he's perceived as a star, and that's worth something in and of itself.

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2014, 10:50:07 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton

We get some Love

Love is valued as a star player in the NBA.  Star players draw fans.  Star players also draw other star players.  If you have Love and a second star, other star players say "maybe I want to play with those two.  We could win."  Then once that third star comes, role players come on cheaper deals, because if you're going to take the minimum, you want to be on a winning team.

Maybe Love is overrated as an NBA player, but he's perceived as a star, and that's worth something in and of itself.

Dont get me wrong Love is a great player and a star but not to the point people are dying to point of being able to draw others in....i mean he has been in minny for 6 years? And no other star has came or been traded there.....i know kahn has a lot to do with that but still.....Love is great. He is a star that draws fans.....but he is a star that is drawn towards other stars......not a star who draws in other star players?