Author Topic: Rumor: Cs/Lakers/Wolves trade talk (Source known faker on Twitter)  (Read 13167 times)

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
I was going over Marc Stein's tweets regarding Rondo and happened upon a sports news/betting website's Twitter page called IBN Sports Wrap (@IBNincarcerated). The account appears to be legit. They're currently reporting rumors of Cs, Lakers and Minny discussions:

RT @incarceratedbob *UPDATED NBA RUMOR* Lakers / Celtics / Wolves are talking (3 Way) "Source" claims blockbuster names bEING discussed #IBN

Here's another update posted around 1:15 A.M.:

**UPDATED NBA RUMORS**Source: Wolves not in rush to deal Kevin Love by deadline, but offers from Celtics / Bulls & Suns making them think

What do you think? Does Ainge want to deal Rondo? If so, would it be for rebuilding assets (Houston) or a star player like Love in return? Or is Danny trying to pair Rondo and Love? Is this just a posturing leak so the Rockets include Parsons?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 10:54:07 AM by Fafnir »

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

Re: Rumor: Cs/Lakers/Wolves trade talks, Kevin Love involved?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 01:39:46 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Just people making things up to get their twitter handles attention.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 01:43:30 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Not this incarceratedbob guy again spewing BS
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 01:43:53 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Just people making things up to get their twitter handles attention.

Maybe. They did break the Rondo-to-Rockets talks first (see my latest addition to the Rondo-to-Rockets thread), which Stein later confirmed. I trust Stein. I understand the skepticism and agree that it is necessary but an account with nearly 12k followers that says something this daring has to be at least addressed.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 01:46:19 AM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
If this is true than I owe RR more credit than I have ever given him, and he's been my second favorite player in the NBA since he was a rookie. I always thought he was a great player.

What I never took seriously though, was his "draw". Sure I knew some players would enjoy playing with him, but if he can help lure Kevin Love to the Celtic's than I have been vastly underrating his reputation around the league.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 01:47:43 AM »

Offline DarkAzcura

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 100
Peter Vescey posted about this about a hour or two ago also. While the guy has been wicked unreliable in the past, he did pull the Jordan Crawford deal out of nowhere. Who knows what will happen!

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 01:57:04 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I wonder if the Wolves would give up Love for Sully+Green+ our 2014 pick?

Need info from more credible sources.
I still think something like this is more likely than Danny giving up Rondo for role players and late 1st rounders.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 02:00:22 AM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
I wonder if the Wolves would give up Love for Sully+Green+ our 2014 pick?

Need info from more credible sources.
I still think something like this is more likely than Danny giving up Rondo for role players and late 1st rounders.

It's going to be hard giving up that first round pick after so much concentration on the draft, but obviously we would have to do it for Love. I just hope DA gets some kind of assurances that Love will be re-signing here.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 02:02:23 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
interesting.  I think Vescey is incredibly unrealiable, but fwiw he's claiming  Love wants out and speculates Lakers, bulls and Celtics would be in his sights.  Sounds like he's just making stuff up.

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 02:02:49 AM »

Offline Afam

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
I was going over Marc Stein's tweets regarding Rondo and happened upon a sports news/betting website's Twitter page called IBN Sports Wrap (@IBNincarcerated). The account appears to be legit. They're currently reporting rumors of Cs, Lakers and Minny discussions:

RT @incarceratedbob *UPDATED NBA RUMOR* Lakers / Celtics / Wolves are talking (3 Way) "Source" claims blockbuster names bEING discussed #IBN

Here's another update posted around 1:15 A.M.:

**UPDATED NBA RUMORS**Source: Wolves not in rush to deal Kevin Love by deadline, but offers from Celtics / Bulls & Suns making them think

What do you think? Does Ainge want to deal Rondo? If so, would it be for rebuilding assets (Houston) or a star player like Love in return? Or is Danny trying to pair Rondo and Love? Is this just a posturing leak so the Rockets include Parsons?

I really don't trust this guy. A year ago or so i told him on twitter  that people don't believe he is legit and he should stop attacking those that question his sources.

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 02:18:29 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Speaking of rumours, remember the time Celtics *almost* traded Ray Allen for Caron Butler? Now, I'm not trying to say they were actually going to do it, but the rumoursphere was ripe with that one. Glad that didn't happen.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 02:19:10 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Okay then. I'm off to the trade machine for the 4578th time in the last three days...

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 02:54:25 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Fake. This guy is making stuff up.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 03:17:15 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Speaking of rumours, remember the time Celtics *almost* traded Ray Allen for Caron Butler? Now, I'm not trying to say they were actually going to do it, but the rumoursphere was ripe with that one. Glad that didn't happen.

Why bc back then ray would've gotten bought out and come back 30 days later.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 03:36:22 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
I would trade anything except Rondo for Love. Green+Sully+2 picks maybe?
- LilRip