Author Topic: Trade Idea: Boston/New Orleans  (Read 1461 times)

Trade Idea: Boston/New Orleans
« on: February 19, 2014, 02:05:40 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lq8fpgt

BOS gets: Tyreke Evans, Al Farouq Aminu, Future lottery protected 1st Rounder

NO gets: Jeff Green, Avery Bradley, Vito Faverani

Why for Boston: According to Chris Mannix, the Pellies are looking to move either Gordon or Evans. Evans, even with his warts, is an upgrade at the 2 for us - making a new guard rotation of Rondo/Evans/Bayless. Since we're moving Jeff in this deal, we'd get back Aminu - he'd have to waive his birdrights in a trade, he'd basically be a placeholder at the 3 for the remainder of this season. Ainge also gets another 1st round draft pick to add to his collection.

Why for NO: They straighten out the logjam at the 2 (both Gordon and Evans are starters, IMO - I think AB would fit in as a 6th man behind Jrue and Gordon). The really need a 3 and I think Jeff would be good there since he'd no longer be the #1 option on offense. Vito is mostly a throw in to make salary work, but he could get spot minutes there as their big man rotation has been banged up.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Re: Trade Idea: Boston/New Orleans
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 02:18:54 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
not sold on Evans fitting with Rondo or that Aminu will give us what Jeffy gives us (such as it is) but from a talent/assets perspective, this isn't too bad in terms of fairness for the teams. 

would remove the lottery restriction on the pick though -- maybe top 7 or so but if it's late lottery, they can hand it over.  Green and AB are proven players and Fav is a decent looking prospect.  Aminu's not quite there yet so we should get a quality pick from NO to make up that talent difference.

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 02:36:59 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
not sold on Evans fitting with Rondo or that Aminu will give us what Jeffy gives us (such as it is) but from a talent/assets perspective, this isn't too bad in terms of fairness for the teams. 

would remove the lottery restriction on the pick though -- maybe top 7 or so but if it's late lottery, they can hand it over.  Green and AB are proven players and Fav is a decent looking prospect.  Aminu's not quite there yet so we should get a quality pick from NO to make up that talent difference.

As another poster said, I like the talent coming our way and would do the deal as we are in collect assets mode.

However, the Million $$ Question is "who will be doing the shooting?".

Great defensive lineup, but where's the O?

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 02:53:16 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I think Evans and Rondo could be lethal offesively - especially when it comes time to breaking down defensives and getting into the paint. With Sully continuing to work on his outside shot and if we added an SF with range, it could work

I went back and forth on the type of protection on the pick - but AB is headed to restricted free agency and is due for a raise.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 02:54:32 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I love it, but I'm irrationally attached to Tyreke Evans as a turbo Barbosa.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.