Author Topic: Nets/Kings Agree in Principle (Terry/Evans for Thornton)  (Read 9866 times)

Re: Nets/Kings close to deal (Terry/Evans for Thornton)
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2014, 02:28:34 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Looks a lot like one of those "best of change of scenery" for everyone.  I actually like it more on SAC's end.

Im not a huge fan of it for either team but I think Sac wins here. Getting rid of Thorton is great for them. Brooklyn takes on even more money for a player who isnt worth his contract.

Re: Nets/Kings close to deal (Terry/Evans for Thornton)
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2014, 02:37:41 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Looks a lot like one of those "best of change of scenery" for everyone.  I actually like it more on SAC's end.

Im not a huge fan of it for either team but I think Sac wins here. Getting rid of Thorton is great for them. Brooklyn takes on even more money for a player who isnt worth his contract.

Yeah, jettisoning Thornton is a win for Sacramento. Doesn't even really matter who's coming back their way, although Terry and Evans will be nice additions to the Kings' rotation.

Boy, it's amazing what new ownership can do for a franchise. Kings have been aggressive this season on the trade market.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Re: Nets/Kings Agree in Principle (Terry/Evans for Thornton)
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2014, 02:40:37 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Kings save a million dollars next season.  I expect Sacramento is going to try and see if Terry or Evans are more interesting to Denver for the purpose of prying away Andre Miller.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2014, 02:47:14 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Kings save a million dollars next season.  I expect Sacramento is going to try and see if Terry or Evans are more interesting to Denver for the purpose of prying away Andre Miller.

Jimmer probably also gets moved. Would imagine the Kings would like to move Jason Thompson as well, but easier said than done.

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2014, 02:50:22 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I like Terry to Denver - , he's way better than anything they can grab and they desperately need a primary ball handler with Nate and TyLaw both out.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2014, 03:21:31 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
good first one down...
next...keep the trades coming...
will it be Jordan Hill be traded next?

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2014, 04:08:24 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Once again Nets about to prove that having all kinds of money (*all kinds* HT voice), does not mean you have the sense or right strategy to go with it! I see why they did it but dont see why they did it! I am willing to bet that Jet and Evans would have given them MUCH more when it's playoff time... Evans gonna give those much needed extra playoff bucket attempts while Jet can explode and give you a quick 20pts because he will wake up then.  Thorton doesn't give you any more wins during regular season, Jet most certainly can be a big part of stealing you one or more in the playoffs (with mind games alone)! Stop throwing money at any and everyone Nets, go find you someone with a better idea on what pieces fit for goal at hand (chip or bust)!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 04:14:09 PM by ImShakHeIsShaq »
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2014, 04:14:08 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Once again Nets about to prove that having all kinds of money (*all kinds* HT voice), does not mean you have the sense or right strategy to go with it! I see why they did it but dont see why they did it! I am willing to bet that Jet and Evans would have given them MUCH more when it's playoff time... Evans gonna give those much needed extra playoff buckets while Jet can explode and give you a quick 20pts because he will wake up then.  Thorton doesn't give you any more wins during regular season, Jet most certainly can be a big part of stealing you one or more in the playoffs (with mind games alone)! Stop throwing money at any and everyone Nets, go find you someone with a better idea on what pieces fit for goal at hand (chip or bust)!

Actually, I think the Nets need to add younger pieces to the vet core they have. Thornton (and presumably Jordan Hill) are going to cost them a pretty penny, but I think they'll offer more to the Nets this season and next.

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2014, 04:17:43 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Once again Nets about to prove that having all kinds of money (*all kinds* HT voice), does not mean you have the sense or right strategy to go with it! I see why they did it but dont see why they did it! I am willing to bet that Jet and Evans would have given them MUCH more when it's playoff time... Evans gonna give those much needed extra playoff buckets while Jet can explode and give you a quick 20pts because he will wake up then.  Thorton doesn't give you any more wins during regular season, Jet most certainly can be a big part of stealing you one or more in the playoffs (with mind games alone)! Stop throwing money at any and everyone Nets, go find you someone with a better idea on what pieces fit for goal at hand (chip or bust)!

Actually, I think the Nets need to add younger pieces to the vet core they have. Thornton (and presumably Jordan Hill) are going to cost them a pretty penny, but I think they'll offer more to the Nets this season and next.

Hill is injured, I think. Thorton is not going to give them more than what Jet and Evans could give them in the playoffs. Maybe I'm wrong but I'll have to see it to believe it because like I said, Thorton wont even get them a regular season win, when Jet alone can go off and get you one in the playoffs. They make the playoffs without Thorton so what do they gain if he can't be a big reason they pick up a win in the playoffs, regular season isn't what they care about.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2014, 04:21:00 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Once again Nets about to prove that having all kinds of money (*all kinds* HT voice), does not mean you have the sense or right strategy to go with it! I see why they did it but dont see why they did it! I am willing to bet that Jet and Evans would have given them MUCH more when it's playoff time... Evans gonna give those much needed extra playoff bucket attempts while Jet can explode and give you a quick 20pts because he will wake up then.  Thorton doesn't give you any more wins during regular season, Jet most certainly can be a big part of stealing you one or more in the playoffs (with mind games alone)! Stop throwing money at any and everyone Nets, go find you someone with a better idea on what pieces fit for goal at hand (chip or bust)!

I agree ......Nets are under the gun.....win now .....like no tomorrow.......if Pierce and Garnet are to be a big part.......time is running out ...those guys are nearly history..........next year?....for those guys could be really ruff ..if they even want to play ......same with Jet

Lopez is forever suspect injury wise, so is Williams........Nets need Evans and Jet in the playoffs , where Piece and KG will show their stuff.   

Time is Now for the Nets ...Lopez may never be solid again.....his bones are brittle

I agree ...for a team that pretty much has to win now this is a terrible idea.

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2014, 04:43:10 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

I thought Evans and JT would have played major roles on this team before the season began. Having watched most of their games this year, I have no idea what Kidd is doing.

Livingston has been the lone bright spot on the team. Everyone else is performing considerably under expectations.

Kidd is terrible. They can bring in whoever they want today and tonmorrow, he will still screw it up. Even without Lopez they have enough to be a tough out, but not with him at the helm.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2014, 04:44:29 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Nets get a bit better? and Terry is slowly falling off the face of the earth, getting more and more irrelevant

I'm confused by this trade

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2014, 04:56:36 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

I thought Evans and JT would have played major roles on this team before the season began. Having watched most of their games this year, I have no idea what Kidd is doing.

Livingston has been the lone bright spot on the team. Everyone else is performing considerably under expectations.

Kidd is terrible. They can bring in whoever they want today and tonmorrow, he will still screw it up. Even without Lopez they have enough to be a tough out, but not with him at the helm.

I'm not sure of you've followed the Nets, but Kidd's improved considerably since the start of the season.  He didn't win coach of the month just because his players just spontaneously started playing better all around the same time.

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2014, 02:00:39 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Howard Beck@HowardBeck
Nets essentially ended pursuit of J. Hill for 2 reasons: LA wanted a decent 2nd-rd pick. Contract bonuses could have added $1mil in taxes