Author Topic: Rockets - Celtics Trade Rumor (weak source)  (Read 50067 times)

Re: Rockets - Celtics Trade Rumor (weak source)
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2014, 04:12:18 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
No one.... give me a second... who in their ri... wait...

Soooo, you think Danny would take Lin and Asik for RR?? HAHAHA
Don't even mention picks because where Hous will be picking for years to come, will be pretty much 2nd round picks!! I don't care if they give us their next 4 first rounders! What is 4 28th+ picks going to do when we can get 4 31st picks for little money and pick the same calibre of talent and then pay said talent LESS money? They are already one of tge top teams W/O Asik and Lin pfft. So what you are really saying is Hous gets RR for Lin, while we pay more money,next season??? Wouldn't it be paying both Asik and Lin about 25-30m next season together???? How many teams will be able to afford taking ONE of them off our hands or would want to at that price??? oh so when their contracts are up we let them walk b/c they will want more money than we will be offering for a TERRIBLE team??? Not one superstar is going to say, "Boston is the place for me, they already have Asik and Lin, maybe I'm the missing piece!" Until you remember that Asik, Lin, Howard, Parsons, Harden on one team is not even a team that anyone realistically thinks is even coming out of the west! I don't care who we draft, that player will take years before he can become the player that people will come to Boston to play with and years to become good enough to be best player on a championship team. So in conclusion, what we got for RR would be 4 2nd round equivalents???

Has to be a joke, right?

Any principle of any deal for RR HAS to include Parsons.

« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2014, 04:14:44 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

Don't even mention picks because where Hous will be picking for years to come, will be pretty much 2nd round picks!! I don't care if they give us their next 4 first rounders! What is 4 28th+ picks going to do when we can get 4 31st picks for little money and pick the same calibre of talent and then pay said talent LESS money? They are already one of tge top teams W/O Asik and Lin pfft. So what you are really saying is Hous gets RR for Lin, while we pay more money,next season??? Wouldn't it be paying both Asik and Lin about 25-30m next season together???? How many teams will be able to afford taking ONE of them off our hands or would want to at that price??? oh so when their contracts are up we let them walk b/c they will want more money than we will be offering for a TERRIBLE team??? Not one superstar is going to say, "Boston is the place for me, they already have Asik and Lin, maybe I'm the missing piece!" Until you remember that Asik, Lin, Howard, Parsons, Harden on one team is not even a team that anyone realistically thinks is even coming out of the west! I don't care who we draft, that player will take years before he can become the player that people will come to Boston to play with and years to become good enough to be best player on a championship team. So in conclusion, what we got for RR would be 4 2nd round equivalents???

Has to be a joke, right?

You bring up some valid points.    Without Rondo as a draw for Starr talent .......a title run would come much latter than sooner.   Rondo gets respect from the stars , even if some fans don't understand this and how the buddy system works........it is relevant like it or not .

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2014, 04:16:50 PM »

Offline Sully7

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
I'm not sold on a deal even if it includes Parsons…but no Parsons would be awful…reports said that Ainge needs a young prospect who has border all-star potential.  Parsons is the only player I've seen listed that has those qualities.   

Parson > Hayward

but like I said not sold on a deal with the Rockets…

Why can't we keep Rondo?

What happens if some how we land Parker or Embid in the draft..if we still had Rondo we would suddenly be a greatly improved team.

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2014, 04:17:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Has to be a joke, right?

Any principle of any deal for RR HAS to include Parsons.

haha. It's like nightmare for Morey.

« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2014, 04:17:53 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Just saw this tweet from Marc Stein.

Regardless of whether it happens though, it definitely looks like the Rockets have legit interest in Rondo (though maybe not enough to give up Parsons.)

Marc Stein        ✔ @ESPNSteinLine
Follow
Celtics, I'm told, would insist on Chandler Parsons in a theoretical Rondo deal. And Rockets, by all accounts, NOT willing to surrender CP

« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2014, 04:21:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I'm not sold on a deal even if it includes Parsons…but no Parsons would be awful…reports said that Ainge needs a young prospect who has border all-star potential.  Parsons is the only player I've seen listed that has those qualities.   

Parson > Hayward

but like I said not sold on a deal with the Rockets…

Why can't we keep Rondo?

What happens if some how we land Parker or Embid in the draft..if we still had Rondo we would suddenly be a greatly improved team.

you have to understand its going to take a while to get anywhere even if we get to draft one of them. Just way too young.

Rondo + Contract + no pieces + draft picks (its going to take a while to develop) = doesn't flow. If we traded the picks like we did in 2008 and got stacked fast, that would make more sense. But i doubt Danny is going to do that, and participate in the 2014 and 2015 drafts

« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2014, 04:25:16 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
How credible is Amico? Can people see Danny asking for Parsons to make this deal possibly work?  What a mistake he made by drafting JJJ in the first place

When asked how Doc Rivers, the coach of the Boston Celtics, knows him so well and long, Rockets forward Chandler Parsons responded with a question of his own.
“How does the coach of the Boston Celtics not draft me?” Parsons said.

The Rockets picked up Parsons in the second round of the 2011 draft after the Celtics took forward JaJuan Johnson with the 25th pick that season. The Rockets acquired Johnson in the sign-and-trade deal that sent Courtney Lee to Boston, but cut him before the season.

“I thought I was going to go to the Celtics, 100 percent,” Parsons said of the draft that season. “That was probably my best workout. I killed it.”

This was just awful ....who ever was responsible ......Doc and /or Danny ........I have not yet got over this mistake .......we may have won a title with Parsons instead of JJJ .......holy cow ..this was a huge screwup ........makes me sick

I'd like to blame Doc (for as much of this teams failures as I can), but this seems to fall on Ainge. If Parsons really killed it in his workout with us, Ainge should have asked Doc about him.

Ainge has hit on a few picks, but he definitely misses big time as well. This was a big miss, but a lot of teams passed on Parsons. It's just that none knew as much about him as the Celtics, so they are the biggest loser.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2014, 04:26:40 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Regardless of whether it happens though, it definitely looks like the Rockets have legit interest in Rondo (though maybe not enough to give up Parsons.)

Follow
Celtics, I'm told, would insist on Chandler Parsons in a theoretical Rondo deal. And Rockets, by all accounts, NOT willing to surrender CP

That's fine. Morey doesn't want to move Parsons, he doesn't get Rondo, pure and simple. Two starters, plus two marketable draft picks, is a good return for a player with Rondo's warts.

Pretty obvious, at this point, that this discussion is legitimate.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2014, 04:27:39 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Follow

Danny has got them by their throats. I bet they will try to get another PG, but what options do they really have?? No way they bring back Lowry and teague hasn't proven much. Better off staying with Lin.

Again a huge problem the rockets face if they can't get rid of at least one of Lin/Asik, is that they will be/get over the cap, can't give guys like CP a legit deal he deserves for next season.  And also it will be another year without having a great chance to win the ring.

they have to trade one or ideally both lin/asik. But nobody wants to deal with their salary next year. Celtics are only one of the few teams that can, and can also give them a nice player in Rondo.

« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2014, 04:31:26 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
love this from Sam Amick:

Makes sense for Houston to pursue Boston's Rondo (and @ESPNSteinLine says Rox have interest) but I'm told the two teams have not spoken.

hahahaha
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2014, 04:36:06 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221

Makes sense for Houston to pursue Boston's Rondo (and @ESPNSteinLine says Rox have interest) but I'm told the two teams have not spoken.

hahahaha

I was just about to post that..lol. I have a love/hate relationship with the trade deadline. Spend way too much time refreshing my twitter to get trade info..and half of it is probably nowhere near true.

« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2014, 04:37:24 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
This is the deal I would do:

Rondo, Green, Faverani
for
Lin, Asik, T. Jones, $3M, two 1st rounders

Celtics save around $5M this year, spend $10M extra next year with the funky contracts, then save on the last year of Green's deal. They get two more 1st rounders and another cheap, young talent in Jones. Lin and Asik can both be either kept or dealt as big expiring deals next year, and Jones will be cheap for another two years.

New lineup:

Lin
Bradley
Jones
Sullinger
Asik

+ more accelerated cap space, two more 1st round picks

« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2014, 04:38:11 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

hahahaha
Why is that funny ?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2014, 04:40:21 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Ugh, not a fan of these talks overall. Parsons/Beverly/etc and a few low picks isn't something that excites me for the C's future.

« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2014, 04:40:43 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Asik, Lin, Jones, Smith or Beverly, 2014 1st

for

Rondo, Bass, Pressey (since he would likely be waived anyway)

I think this is a reasonable trade.  Not a homerun, but certainly solid value even without Parsons.

If we're getting back someone who's likely to be a top level player then it's a reasonable trade. Who are we getting that fits the bill?