Author Topic: Rockets - Celtics Trade Rumor (weak source)  (Read 50068 times)

Re: Rockets - Celtics Trade Rumor
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2014, 03:18:12 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Does Danny consider if this offer is in play?

No.

He counterbids for Asik, offering less than what he offered 6 weeks ago.

Danny would try to rob them of another 1st rounder if possible. If not, no

Re: Rockets - Celtics Trade Rumor (weak source)
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2014, 03:29:46 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If there is uncertainty that rondo will resign and we are still out of playoff contention next year, can we get back a package any better than either sac or hous has offered (rumor) so far?

« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2014, 03:32:38 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
If there is uncertainty that rondo will resign and we are still out of playoff contention next year, can we get back a package any better than either sac or hous has offered (rumor) so far?

As Rondo gets healthier, his game on the court will improve. 

So yes, he can definitely gain value. 

« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2014, 03:33:15 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Lets not get too excited about Chandler Parsons:

Mark Stein: https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine

"Celtics, I'm told, would insist on Chandler Parsons in a theoretical Rondo deal. And Rockets, by all accounts, NOT willing to surrender CP"

« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2014, 03:35:16 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

Celtics, I'm told, would insist on Chandler Parsons in a theoretical Rondo deal. And Rockets, by all accounts, NOT willing to surrender CP

Posturing.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2014, 03:43:57 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Celtics, I'm told, would insist on Chandler Parsons in a theoretical Rondo deal. And Rockets, by all accounts, NOT willing to surrender CP

Posturing.
by both teams
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2014, 03:46:19 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75

Posturing.
by both teams
who blinks first?

« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2014, 03:48:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
 Parsons in the deal ....that's tempting .....love his Celtics style game...

« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2014, 03:49:34 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
No one.... give me a second... who in their ri... wait...

Soooo, you think Danny would take Lin and Asik for RR?? HAHAHA
Don't even mention picks because where Hous will be picking for years to come, will be pretty much 2nd round picks!! I don't care if they give us their next 4 first rounders! What is 4 28th+ picks going to do when we can get 4 31st picks for little money and pick the same calibre of talent and then pay said talent LESS money? They are already one of tge top teams W/O Asik and Lin pfft. So what you are really saying is Hous gets RR for Lin, while we pay more money,next season??? Wouldn't it be paying both Asik and Lin about 25-30m next season together???? How many teams will be able to afford taking ONE of them off our hands or would want to at that price??? oh so when their contracts are up we let them walk b/c they will want more money than we will be offering for a TERRIBLE team??? Not one superstar is going to say, "Boston is the place for me, they already have Asik and Lin, maybe I'm the missing piece!" Until you remember that Asik, Lin, Howard, Parsons, Harden on one team is not even a team that anyone realistically thinks is even coming out of the west! I don't care who we draft, that player will take years before he can become the player that people will come to Boston to play with and years to become good enough to be best player on a championship team. So in conclusion, what we got for RR would be 4 2nd round equivalents???

Has to be a joke, right?
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2014, 03:52:46 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
No one.... give me a second... who in their ri... wait...

Soooo, you think Danny would take Lin and Asik for RR?? HAHAHA
Don't even mention picks because where Hous will be picking for years to come, will be pretty much 2nd round picks!! I don't care if they give us their next 4 first rounders! What is 4 28th+ picks going to do when we can get 4 31st picks for little money and pick the same calibre of talent and then pay said talent LESS money? They are already one of tge top teams W/O Asik and Lin pfft. So what you are really saying is Hous gets RR for Lin, while we pay more money,next season??? Wouldn't it be paying both Asik and Lin about 25-30m next season together???? How many teams will be able to afford taking ONE of them off our hands or would want to at that price??? oh so when their contracts are up we let them walk b/c they will want more money than we will be offering for a TERRIBLE team??? Not one superstar is going to say, "Boston is the place for me, they already have Asik and Lin, maybe I'm the missint piece!" Until you remember that Asik, Lin, Howard, Parsons, Harden on one team is not even a team that anyone realistically thinks is even coming out of the west! I don't care who we draft, that player will take years before he can become the player that people will come to Boston to play with and years to become good enough to be best player on a championship team. So in conclusion, what we got for RR would be 4 2nd round equivalents???

Has to be a joke, right?

tp, completely agree

« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2014, 03:55:56 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Am I the only one tha thinks Houston is kind of dumb for not getting Rondo and offering up Parsons?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2014, 03:57:05 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Asik, Lin, Jones, Smith or Beverly, 2014 1st

for

Rondo, Bass, Pressey (since he would likely be waived anyway)

I think this is a reasonable trade.  Not a homerun, but certainly solid value even without Parsons.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2014, 03:57:16 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

"Celtics, I'm told, would insist on Chandler Parsons in a theoretical Rondo deal. And Rockets, by all accounts, NOT willing to surrender CP"

Rockets need this trade to happen more than the celts do

Rockets can get rid of two massive contracts next year (they didn't plan to get howard), plus get a point guard that has experience winning the ring.

But i can see they will be reluctant to give up Parsons.

They want to get rid of Lin/Asik contracts so they can resign him (guessing 5-7 million a year).

On the flipside the celtics need more back in return

I wonder if Jeff Green has been mentioned in any of this, bc in theory it could make this work. Unless the Rockets don't care for Green

« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2014, 04:04:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
How credible is Amico? Can people see Danny asking for Parsons to make this deal possibly work?  What a mistake he made by drafting JJJ in the first place

When asked how Doc Rivers, the coach of the Boston Celtics, knows him so well and long, Rockets forward Chandler Parsons responded with a question of his own.
“How does the coach of the Boston Celtics not draft me?” Parsons said.

The Rockets picked up Parsons in the second round of the 2011 draft after the Celtics took forward JaJuan Johnson with the 25th pick that season. The Rockets acquired Johnson in the sign-and-trade deal that sent Courtney Lee to Boston, but cut him before the season.

“I thought I was going to go to the Celtics, 100 percent,” Parsons said of the draft that season. “That was probably my best workout. I killed it.”

This was just awful ....who ever was responsible ......Doc and /or Danny ........I have not yet got over this mistake .......we may have won a title with Parsons instead of JJJ .......holy cow ..this was a huge screwup ........makes me sick

« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2014, 04:05:57 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Rockets need this trade to happen more than the celts do

Rockets can get rid of two massive contracts next year (they didn't plan to get howard), plus get a point guard that has experience winning the ring.

But i can see they will be reluctant to give up Parsons.

They want to get rid of Lin/Asik contracts so they can resign him (guessing 5-7 million a year).

On the flipside the celtics need more back in return

I wonder if Jeff Green has been mentioned in any of this, bc in theory it could make this work. Unless the Rockets don't care for Green

It works in the trademachine putting Green in the deal. I don't blame them not wanting to give up CP. They'd loose a starting SF and Parsons was one of the guys that help convince Howard to come to Huston. At least thats what was said when the Howard signed. I would hate it if Parsons game went to crap because he didn't want to leave Huston. Might need a third team to come in on this.