Author Topic: Rockets - Celtics Trade Rumor (weak source)  (Read 50056 times)

Re: Rockets - Celtics Trade Rumor (weak source)
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2014, 02:06:23 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'll do this deal.

Rondo, Green
for
Parsons, Jones, Lin, Asik, 2014 first.

Change green to Wallace

Rondo Wallace  for

Parsons jones asik Lin 2014 1st

I would prefer that but there's a better chance Houston takes it if it's Green.

Yeah there's no way Houston is willing to replace Parsons with Wallace, when the whole point is to open a significant title window.  Replacing him with Green is a far more palatable scenario for them. 

I think it'll be tough to get Jones included for the same reason, especially with no big men coming back.

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2014, 02:10:13 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
I'll do this deal.

Rondo, Green
for

Change green to Wallace

Rondo Wallace  for

Yeah there's no way Houston is willing to replace Parsons with Wallace, when the whole point is to open a significant title window.  Replacing him with Green is a far more palatable scenario for them. 

I think it'll be tough to get Jones included for the same reason, especially with no big men coming back.

We should be attaching Wallace if were trading rondo.  Houston can keep jones and give us DMO

Asik Lin Parsons montjunas 1st for rondo Wallace

Rondo harden Wallace jones Howard

Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2014, 02:12:43 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
This Rockets thing is scaring me.  I guess I'll just have to keep my eyes and ears closed and my fingers crossed until three o'clock tomorrow. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2014, 02:16:27 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Just      get      me     Greg     Smith     in      the      deal!

dealbreaker without him...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2014, 02:30:28 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
This deal seems pretty simple to me:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ms47ndb

HOU gets: Rondo, Green
NYK gets: Lin (who Chad Ford says they're dying to have back), Gerald Wallace
BOS gets: Asik, Parsons, Greg Smith, the corpse of Stoudemire, HOU's 1sts in 2014 & 2016, NYK's 1st in 2018 (unprotected).

The Cs have more picks than God, and room for 2 max players in the summer of 2015 via trade or FA.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2014, 02:31:37 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
This Rockets thing is scaring me.  I guess I'll just have to keep my eyes and ears closed and my fingers crossed until three o'clock tomorrow.

Me too, a bit. This seems like the most legit Rondo trade possibility so far.

I'd rather see Rondo stay put, but if a deal is to be made, it should involve Wallace (if Houston wants our best player, they'll have to take our worst contract), and Boston should get a haul—something like Parsons, Asik (or Smith), Beverley, two firsts and a second.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2014, 02:36:51 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I'll do this deal.

Rondo, Green
for

Change green to Wallace

Rondo Wallace  for

We should be attaching Wallace if were trading rondo.  Houston can keep jones and give us DMO

Asik Lin Parsons montjunas 1st for rondo Wallace

Rondo harden Wallace jones Howard

I'm not even sure if post ACL - Rondo has that much more value than Parsons at this point. He's one of the better up-and-coming SFs on a crazy cheap contract. He's a better Jeff Green but 8 million dollars cheaper and has potential to get better.

Rondo, Green, Bass
for
Asik, Lin, Jones, Parsons, 2014 first, 2016 first.

I think it's pretty fair. We get rid of Bass' contract, an extra first, the defensive anchor everybody's been dying for, a very good wing, and a solid PG in Lin.

They get their 3rd superstar.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2014, 02:44:08 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

BOS gets: Asik, Parsons, Greg Smith, the corpse of Stoudemire, HOU's 1sts in 2014 & 2016, NYK's 1st in 2018 (unprotected).

The Cs have more picks than God, and room for 2 max players in the summer of 2015 via trade or FA.

And nothing on the roster to attract any FAs. How many picks do we need? Also, that's a pretty bad deal for the Knicks.

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2014, 02:45:17 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Rondo, Green, Bass
for
Asik, Lin, Jones, Parsons, 2014 first, 2016 first.

Doesn't work under CBA.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2014, 02:48:55 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

And nothing on the roster to attract any FAs. How many picks do we need? Also, that's a pretty bad deal for the Knicks.

To make trades? As many as possible.

That's exactly why the Knicks do it -- because it's a bad, shortsighted deal. 100% within the history of their modus operandi.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2014, 02:49:44 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
"Reportedly #Rockets are offering the #Celtics Lin, Asik, and a 2014 1st-round pick for Rondo. #NBA"

Sounds like a decent offer for Rondo. The rockets get ready for the playoffs but also get rid of two big contracts for next year.  For Danny he gets a starting Center and PG to move fwd with the rebuilding process. A 2014 1st also

Just a rumor bc there its not from a verified source(Woj). But activity at clutchfans forum has been going on non stop regarding possibility to bring in Rondo.  I doubt also Morey feels this team is good enough to win it all without one more piece

Does Danny consider if this offer is in play?

Considering the $30M Lin and Asik will get next year they wouldn't be able to get much more than expiring contracts for those two and a 1st rounder. You're basically giving them Rondo for free.

Well lin and asik are still young. You would assume they would resign to a new contract

Asik's Rondo's age. Lin's a few years younger but a pretty mediocre player. I think this deal falls under the category of the "I'll do whatever it takes to get Rondo off the roster" trades.

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2014, 02:50:29 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Yeah that deal looks bad for the knicks, but if we did do it (or something like it) attracting FA's isn't something we'd look at for a few years.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2014, 02:53:43 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Just      get      me     Greg     Smith     in      the      deal!

dealbreaker without him...

Never unattach yourself to your seasonal binkies - A triptych in CelticsBloggery.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2014, 02:54:16 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

That's exactly why the Knicks do it -- because it's a bad, shortsighted deal. 100% within the history of their modus operandi.

Yeah, I guess if we start looking at trades in terms of "it's a bad trade for the other team but maybe they'll do it anyways" the possibilities are endless.

« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2014, 03:05:34 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Yeah, I guess if we start looking at trades in terms of "it's a bad trade for the other team but maybe they'll do it anyways" the possibilities are endless.

I'm merely commenting on the Knicks track record for throwing strategic caution to the wind in lieu of short term gain.

It's not hard to imagine Dolan feeling an attraction to reacquiring Lin that might lead him to overpay, especially if he fails to acquire Lowry or even Collison. 
Mike

(My name is not Mike)