Author Topic: Rockets - Celtics Trade Rumor (weak source)  (Read 50090 times)

Re: Rockets - Celtics Trade Rumor
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 12:41:00 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
noooo
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 12:41:06 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
my counter offer is:

Rondo + Wallace

for

Asik + Lin + Parsons

And even that, some of the other rumored Rondo trades seem better for the Celtics.
Posted before I saw your post. I'd sweeten the pot for them by giving them Green instead of Wallace -- mostly because Parsons makes him obsolete.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 12:41:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
"Reportedly #Rockets are offering the #Celtics Lin, Asik, and a 2014 1st-round pick for Rondo. #NBA"

Sounds like a decent offer for Rondo. The rockets get ready for the playoffs but also get rid of two big contracts for next year.  For Danny he gets a starting Center and PG to move fwd with the rebuilding process. A 2014 1st also

Just a rumor bc there its not from a verified source(Woj). But activity at clutchfans forum has been going on non stop regarding possibility to bring in Rondo.  I doubt also Morey feels this team is good enough to win it all without one more piece

Does Danny consider if this offer is in play?
Two ok players and an ok pick for Rondo? That's not a decent offer. A decent offer is Lin, Parsons, and Asik for Rondo and Green -- but this is not happening.

Well. Thats not a bad trade idea actually.

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 12:43:04 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
This rumor is gross. No Lin, no Asik, no thanks. Next!

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 12:43:29 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
"Reportedly #Rockets are offering the #Celtics Lin, Asik, and a 2014 1st-round pick for Rondo. #NBA"

Sounds like a decent offer for Rondo. The rockets get ready for the playoffs but also get rid of two big contracts for next year.  For Danny he gets a starting Center and PG to move fwd with the rebuilding process. A 2014 1st also

Just a rumor bc there its not from a verified source(Woj). But activity at clutchfans forum has been going on non stop regarding possibility to bring in Rondo.  I doubt also Morey feels this team is good enough to win it all without one more piece

Does Danny consider if this offer is in play?
Two ok players and an ok pick for Rondo? That's not a decent offer. A decent offer is Lin, Parsons, and Asik for Rondo and Green -- but this is not happening.

Well. Thats not a bad trade idea actually.
They probably value Parsons too much to be convinced that he's expendable in the name of a win-now plan. But perhaps we can talk them into Green being a reasonable substitute?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 12:43:43 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
This is old news

No way danny does this, role players and low pick for rondo? Plus both are making 15 mil next year.

No way this happens

http://inagist.com/all/435918229756981248/

you could be right. And its not a reliable source.  I do believe Asik will be gone by the trade deadline (Morey is asking too much and nobody wants to take on his contract for next year). I can honestly see Rockets offering this deal and Danny thinking about it a little.  We do have the cap space for next year

What if Danny asks for a 2016 1st also Morey says yes?
still a crappy deal. 

Lin is a negative with that contract, not a building block for moving forward as you've proposed.

Asik's deal is far too rich for a defense-only center next year.  while I wouldn't mind having him as a player, I don't see him as the starting center on a contending team (at least not without a lot better players around him)

Houston's picks figure to be very late in the draft for the next several years so any picks from them are mediocre assets.  it'd take more than those 2 late picks to not only get Rondo but to take on that massive salary mess for next year.

Also keep in mind that if you're looking to dip into free agency, we would have just given away our 1 draw for free agents to come to Boston.  No one's coming here to play with Lin and Asik.

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2014, 12:47:21 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
This is old news

No way danny does this, role players and low pick for rondo? Plus both are making 15 mil next year.

No way this happens

you could be right. And its not a reliable source.  I do believe Asik will be gone by the trade deadline (Morey is asking too much and nobody wants to take on his contract for next year). I can honestly see Rockets offering this deal and Danny thinking about it a little.  We do have the cap space for next year

still a crappy deal. 

Lin is a negative with that contract, not a building block for moving forward as you've proposed.

Asik's deal is far too rich for a defense-only center next year.  while I wouldn't mind having him as a player, I don't see him as the starting center on a contending team (at least not without a lot better players around him)

Houston's picks figure to be very late in the draft for the next several years so any picks from them are mediocre assets.  it'd take more than those 2 late picks to not only get Rondo but to take on that massive salary mess for next year.

Also keep in mind that if you're looking to dip into free agency, we would have just given away our 1 draw for free agents to come to Boston.  No one's coming here to play with Lin and Asik.
Lin's and Asik's deals only hit 8 million against the cap though, which is good value for both of them. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2014, 12:48:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
This is old news

No way this happens

still a crappy deal. 

Dont think any FA will come here in the long next while period.

When we had the big three, lots of high end role players were dying to come here.

But when was the last time a big name FA has come to play for the celts?

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2014, 12:49:14 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
This is old news

No way this happens

still a crappy deal. 

When we had the big three, lots of high end role players were dying to come here.

when was the last time Boston had cap room to sign a big name free agent?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2014, 12:49:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
This is old news

No way this happens

still a crappy deal. 

Lin's and Asik's deals only hit 8 million against the cap though, which is good value for both of them.

How does that work do you know??

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2014, 12:51:09 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Rondo and Jeff Green

for

Asik, Lin, Parsons, 2014 first, 2016 first, 2018 first (top five protected)

Or

Rondo and Gerald Wallace

for

Asik, Lin, Parsons, 2014 first, 2016 first

The Rockets deal just isn't happening. I can see them swallowing Green's or even Wallace's contract but they aren't giving up this number of picks, despite the fact that Rondo's value merits such a return.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2014, 12:51:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
This is old news

No way this happens

still a crappy deal. 

We did. Just we weren't very good

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2014, 12:53:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Rondo and Jeff Green

for

Asik, Lin, Parsons, 2014 first, 2016 first, 2018 first (top five protected)

Or

Rondo and Gerald Wallace

for

Asik, Lin, Parsons, 2014 first, 2016 first

The Rockets deal just isn't happening. I can see them swallowing Green's or even Wallace's contract but they aren't giving up this number of picks, despite the fact that Rondo's value merits such a return.

Whatever the rockets do i doubt they will bring in more long term salary . Can't see them liking Wallace very much either

Re: Rockets - Celtics Trade Rumor (weak source)
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2014, 12:58:22 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
That's a weak offer considering where the Rockets pick is likely to land in this draft.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2014, 12:58:50 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
This is old news

No way this happens

still a crappy deal. 

We did. Just we weren't very good
oh really?  when?  we haven't had cap room for a major FA signing.  saying Boston has never signed one implies they've had the opportunity and either chose not to or they tried and no one accepted.  C's have been handcuffed to the MLE for a very long time. 

provide a specific example of a major FA that was available AND we had the money available to sign him AND that FA rejected our offer to play elsewhere.  If you can't do that, your argument is baseless.