Author Topic: Rockets - Celtics Trade Rumor (weak source)  (Read 50091 times)

Rockets - Celtics Trade Rumor (weak source)
« on: February 19, 2014, 12:21:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
"Reportedly #Rockets are offering the #Celtics Lin, Asik, and a 2014 1st-round pick for Rondo. #NBA"

Sounds like a decent offer for Rondo. The rockets get ready for the playoffs but also get rid of two big contracts for next year.  For Danny he gets a starting Center and PG to move fwd with the rebuilding process. A 2014 1st also

Just a rumor bc there its not from a verified source(Woj). But activity at clutchfans forum has been going on non stop regarding possibility to bring in Rondo.  I doubt also Morey feels this team is good enough to win it all without one more piece

Does Danny consider if this offer is in play?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 12:42:59 PM by IndeedProceed »

Re: Rockets - Celtics Trade Rumor
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 12:23:03 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

No.

He counterbids for Asik, offering less than what he offered 6 weeks ago.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 12:24:02 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Keep dreaming, Daryl.

This really isn't a "trade rumor".
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 12:24:23 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Yah right.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 12:24:39 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
What's the source?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 12:25:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

No.

He counterbids for Asik, offering less than what he offered 6 weeks ago.

The rockets won't take bass and Celts will want more than Asik for Green.

Maybe Humphries-Asik swap is a possibilty

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 12:26:25 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
This is old news

No way danny does this, role players and low pick for rondo? Plus both are making 15 mil next year.

No way this happens

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 12:31:58 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Daryl Morey offers a lot of things.  But if Ainge's previous best offer for Asik was Bass and Lee, and considering he gave away a second rounder to get rid of Lee, it's a pretty safe bet that Asik, Lin, and a late 1st isn't even getting the counter offer of "throw in a 2016 1st and you've got a deal."

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 12:32:26 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
This is old news

No way danny does this, role players and low pick for rondo? Plus both are making 15 mil next year.

No way this happens
right. we already have a thread, or two, devoted to this exact topic. better to bump that one than start a new one.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 12:32:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
This is old news

No way this happens

http://inagist.com/all/435918229756981248/

you could be right. And its not a reliable source.  I do believe Asik will be gone by the trade deadline (Morey is asking too much and nobody wants to take on his contract for next year). I can honestly see Rockets offering this deal and Danny thinking about it a little.  We do have the cap space for next year

What if Danny asks for a 2016 1st also Morey says yes?

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 12:35:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Daryl Morey offers a lot of things.  But if Ainge's previous best offer for Asik was Bass and Lee, and considering he gave away a second rounder to get rid of Lee, it's a pretty safe bet that Asik, Lin, and a late 1st isn't even getting the counter offer of "throw in a 2016 1st and you've got a deal."

We have heard only one other big trade rumor. Which is Thomas, Mclemore and one or two 1sts (not 2014). So people rather consider that trade then a Rocket offer of Lin/Asik/2014 1st with a possiblity of 2016 1st?

The rockets deal looks better imo

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 12:37:26 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
my counter offer is:

Rondo + Wallace

for

Asik + Lin + Parsons

And even that, some of the other rumored Rondo trades seem better for the Celtics.

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 12:39:12 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

We have heard only one other big trade rumor. Which is Thomas, Mclemore and one or two 1sts (not 2014). So people rather consider that trade then a Rocket offer of Lin/Asik/2014 1st with a possiblity of 2016 1st?

The rockets deal looks better imo

I think Lin and Asik has already reached their potential. McLemore has potential to be an All-Star and so does Thomas. Not to mention they are on cheaper contracts. Kings offer trumps this one. I rather take the chance on two high upside players than certified role players. Kings' pick will most likely be higher than the Rocket's, too.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 12:39:19 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
"Reportedly #Rockets are offering the #Celtics Lin, Asik, and a 2014 1st-round pick for Rondo. #NBA"

Sounds like a decent offer for Rondo. The rockets get ready for the playoffs but also get rid of two big contracts for next year.  For Danny he gets a starting Center and PG to move fwd with the rebuilding process. A 2014 1st also

Just a rumor bc there its not from a verified source(Woj). But activity at clutchfans forum has been going on non stop regarding possibility to bring in Rondo.  I doubt also Morey feels this team is good enough to win it all without one more piece

Two ok players and an ok pick for Rondo? That's not a decent offer. A decent offer is Lin, Parsons, and Asik for Rondo and Green -- but this is not happening.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 12:40:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
my counter offer is:

Rondo + Wallace

for

Asik + Lin + Parsons

And even that, some of the other rumored Rondo trades seem better for the Celtics.

Well salaries don't match first. Rockets then will be without a starting SF.