Author Topic: Portland needs a big man?  (Read 4947 times)

Re: Portland needs a big man?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 04:50:58 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I don't see how Boston gets a 2014 1st rounder for Bass, if that's what Ainge should hold out for.

A prospect on a rookie-scale contract like Robinson or Leonard, plus a little sweetener seems realistic to me. But, perhaps Ainge doesn't like Leonard or Robinson.

I'm not saying that Bass will get a first rounder.  But should Danny want Robinson in return?  He's in his second year, and left college after his junior season, and he's one reason that Portland needs big man help.  Same is true with Leonard, except that he left school after his sophomore year.  They both should be showing more than they are.  You'd get limited cap savings next year, and next training camp decide to either keep whichever underperforming big you just got, taking up cap room for 2015 that you've been trying to save, or go the MarShon Brooks route and decline his fourth year (and the significant raise that comes along with it).  I'd think you should be able to get an expiring and a second rounder for Bass, if you're really intent on moving him.  Otherwise, just keep him around.  He's more useful than Thomas Robinson or Meyers Leonard.

I'd pull the trigger for Thomas Robinson for Bass in a heartbeat. Kid is young, and has a lot of upside.

Me too. But even if that was a possibility, Portland is going to ask for a least a pick.

But if it was straight up? Absolutely. Stevens could make Robinson a deadly big man inside.

I doubt that...Bass is producing a lot more than Robinson and they are barely using him. I think we can get away with Bass for Robinson...at worst, we can throw in a 2nd, but that's the only thing I would give them as of now.

They have a great rotation now with Aldridge, Lopez and adding Bass only gives them another reliable big off the bench. This is a win win on both side, Portland gets more lethal, while we shed a big contract and take on a young stud

The only reason they aren't using him more is that from a friend who's a Blazers fan is that hes a net negative on energy. Tries too hard, goes out of his comfort zone, and doesn't play his role. He hustles hard, but doesn't know how to make up for that energy on the defensive end.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different