Author Topic: BOS/HOU/PHI/NYK idea combining this weeks trade talk.  (Read 806 times)

BOS/HOU/PHI/NYK idea combining this weeks trade talk.
« on: February 19, 2014, 10:19:08 AM »

Offline Lebowski

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
As I'm in the UK I've had to endure a morning of going stir crazy waiting for trade news whilst the league sleeps, so I've been kicking around on a behemoth trade that takes in a few of the rumours floating around this week (Hou-Rondo, 76ers-Asik, NYK-Lin). Obviously this would need to be properly seasoned with picks, and a few of the pieces could be changed (Shump instead of Hardaway, Thad Young instead of Turner, etc.), but the bones in terms of personnel would be:

BOS OUT: Rondo, Wallace
BOS IN: Parsons, Hardaway Jr, Stoudemire + pick(s)

HOU OUT: Parsons, Lin, Asik, Motiejunas
HOU IN: Rondo, Turner

NYK OUT: Stoudemire, Hardaway Jr
NYK IN: Lin, Wallace

PHI OUT: Turner
PHI IN: Asik, Motiejunas, (maybe a pick?)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q45rft2

Obviously this is just for fun and has a snowballs chance in hell of ever happening, but am I wrong in thinking that this achieves a decent result for all involved? (If you take the scuttlebutt as being close to the truth, of course).

What sort of allocation of picks does everyone think would need to happen? And would you go for this if you were Danny? I'm pretty much on the fence when it comes to trading Rondo (personally, I'd be hounding Minnesota re. Love at the moment), but if that's the way it needs to go, and we could pry a couple more picks out of this, then I'd be tempted.

Really need some Wojbombs to start dropping  ;D