Author Topic: Ric Bucher: C's seeking first rounder and up-and-coming player for Green  (Read 12997 times)

Re: Ric Bucher: C's seeking first rounder and up-and-coming player for Green
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2014, 12:56:24 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
This is a convoluted rumor, but I think it is about right for Green.  Up and comer is not a blue chip prospect.  It might be someone on the level of Olynyk.  A player with some potential, but more likely projects as a role player, plus a (likely late) first round pick.

I know it is in vogue to hate Jeff Green right now, but he is still a productive, versatile wing, who would have a lot of value to many teams.

agreed. I've actually turned the corner on him and would be kinda sad to see him go. He is frustrating for sure, but only because he has elite size, athleticism, and skills yet doesn't always play to them...

The other point I meant to mention was that Danny simply is in no rush to trade Green.  There is no real motivation to trade him now, when his value would almost certainly not drop next year.  He is what he is, and his value will probably remain constant, plus having his contract next year could provide them with extra flexibility.  So, he can ask for a premium now, if any team really wants the help for the playoffs.  Otherwise, just hold out, and sell him off next year, if they decide not to go forward with him.

I could see Danny moving him for a younger version of himself (ie an MKG type) because he knows how close we are to a top 5 pick, but other than that I would be surprised to see Green traded.