Author Topic: Ric Bucher: C's seeking first rounder and up-and-coming player for Green  (Read 12990 times)

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Yay! More rumors. Get your salt shaker out...

The Celtics, league sources say, are mining interest in both Jeff Green and Rajon Rondo, looking for an up-and-coming player and a first-round pick for starters on each. (The hope is to unload Kris Humphries and his $12 million salary in the process.)
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Re: Ric Bucher: C's seeking first rounder and up-and-coming player for Green
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 09:46:12 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Confused about the Humphries part? He is expiring his contract does not matter, Wallace on the other hand is a cap killer.

I wouldn't be surprised if Danny said if you want Rondo you take Wallace with him!

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 09:50:08 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
That report makes it sound like Danny values Rondo about the same as he does Green, which is just nonsense.

It's also sort of silly to expect a team to give up a #1 and a player with upside for Green.

And I concur with the above:  why would Humphries be attached?  Why are we hoping to unload him, when he's expiring?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 09:53:38 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
has bucher ever broke any real news on trades?

The guy is a total hack

only trust Woj, Mannix, Aldridge , Spears ,stein

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 09:56:52 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
When you see a rumor that doesn't make sense, it's likely coming from agents and teams that aren't actually involved in any negotiations.  They're either just stirring things up or trying to influence their own deals.  "Hey, Ainge is willing to give us Green for just a first and some dude.  You'd better come down from your demand."

Mike

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 09:58:43 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
That report makes it sound like Danny values Rondo about the same as he does Green, which is just nonsense.

It's also sort of silly to expect a team to give up a #1 and a player with upside for Green.

And I concur with the above:  why would Humphries be attached?  Why are we hoping to unload him, when he's expiring?

Yeah it's just a poorly written sentence in general.

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 09:59:28 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Agreed.

A first and a young prospect for Green was another hearty laugh.

Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 10:02:23 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

This is where "picks" are so fungible I bet. Asking for a low pick for green and a younger player isn't crazy place to start for Green.

Similarly 2 picks for Rondo certainly doesn't mean two low picks like I imagine he'd accept for Green.

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 10:03:29 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I guess Green is staying, then.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 10:06:18 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Agreed.

Why?

That's what the C's were asking for Ray Allen when he was expiring remember?

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 10:07:31 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
That is roughly double Jeff Green's value, but Morey was asking two 1st rounders for Asik. Bucher may be a mouthpiece for something the FO wanted to put out there. Of course it's not the actual price.

Or maybe this is a garbled version of something that was proposed in trade talks. Green and Humphries could not-unreasonably be traded for Stoudemire, a weak 1st rounder, and Hardaway, for example.

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 10:10:05 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
didn't add this to the front page because it seems like regurgitation and mashing up of existing rumors
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 10:10:38 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

Agreed.

Why?

That's what the C's were asking for Ray Allen when he was expiring remember?

It all depends how you look at what is being described.  If you're thinking high to mid first rounder AND a prospect, then it's certainly laughable.

If its a late first rounder and young prospect, its a little more palatable as a starting although I think Danny would have to come off that.

That's before you even get into the several degrees of how an "up & coming" player can be construed.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 10:11:46 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

This. Here's what Mannix has to say on the subject.

"Ainge, who refused to include Green in a discussed deal for Omer Asik in December, seems to have soured some on Green, whose inconsistency has befuddled many in the organization. Yet several rival executives say Boston is overvaluing Bass and Green, insisting on a first-round pick in any deal. Humphries expiring $12 million contract is appealing, but Celtics coaches have been happy with Humphries -- a good soldier despite limited playing time early in the season -- and prefer to let the contract come off the books at the end of the season. If Boston lowers its demands for Bass or Green, either could go. The Celtics would love to dump Gerald Wallace, whose constant griping in the press has irritated coaches and the front office, but Wallace's contract (two years, $20.2 million after this season) makes him virtually untouchable (in the bad way)."

I'm not a big Mannix fan, but his points regarding the asking price for Green (& Bass) make sense. I believe Ainge has been trying to set up as much value as possible, with the intention of caving and taking a little less for Green from a 'buyer' at the last minute, which I think he'll do in the next 27 hours.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 10:13:23 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
There's been surprisingly little buzz about Green, Bass and Bradley--so those could well be the deals Danny ends up making. Though now that Green's in the news, maybe it'll just be Bass and Bradley.