Author Topic: I have a trade! How about we get Gerald Green back?  (Read 5286 times)

I have a trade! How about we get Gerald Green back?
« on: February 19, 2014, 12:42:26 AM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
I have always been a Gerald Green lover when here or away. And I been saying the kid is a baller since day 1. He just needed time to get it all together & with a coach who believes in him. Its been a thrill watching Gerald here in my hometown of Phoenix & I wish he was still a Celtic! He is a prime reason the Phoenix Suns are not cellar dwellers like they were supposed to be because he flat out filling it up out here & playing good defense & showing a all around game a lot people thought he never had. Hate to say "I told you so" to a lot of the Gerald haters in CB I argued with over the years but "I told you"! Gerald is starting to look like T-Mac on offense with less handle but is absolutely unstoppable by 1 man. Watching him, his release is so quick & smooth that defenders can't react fast enough to effect his shots! His last 3 games has been 26pts, 27pts & tonight 36pts. He is justifying my statement that he is a a scoring machine. Bottom line is the dude is 6'8 supremely athletic shooting guard, who has quickness & speed of a much smaller guard & other worldly jumping ability with a gifted jump shot. I'm just so happy he's finally getting a no holds barred chance to prove himself. So no more hating GG guys he's arrived & doesn't deserve the hate anymore, he's pretty darn good! And will probably show us as much tomorrow.

Re: I have a trade! How about we get Gerald Green back?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 12:54:11 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I'd do it if it was a 3 day contract over the all-star weekend. I want to see another Celtic win an all-star event. Paul Pierce and his 3 point competition trophy are gone. Green could still win the dunk contest. ;)
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 01:11:11 AM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
I'd do it if it was a 3 day contract over the all-star weekend. I want to see another Celtic win an all-star event. Paul Pierce and his 3 point competition trophy are gone. Green could still win the dunk contest. ;)
Still hating huh? Lol you not watching much basketball outside the Celtics I see.

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 01:13:59 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Still hating huh? Lol you not watching much basketball outside the Celtics I see.

Truth be told, I haven't watched a single NBA game this year (some highlights every now and then). But yeah, I am not a Gerald Green fan.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 01:33:51 AM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
I just have a hard time understanding why C's fans don't like him. He is KEY part of why we have banner 17, without him in that trade we don't get KG here. And also he played good for us before we traded him, averaged 10 pts as a teenager showing all the promise he's now making come to fruition. I'm going to always love the kid because he was distraught being traded from Boston he liked playing for the Celts.

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 05:56:48 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Id love to have GMoney back. Sign me up

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 07:17:56 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Seeing things for what they are and hating on a guy are two different things.   I don't think many here want Gerald Green back.   I don't.   He had tantalizing potential at one point.  He has rounded into a somewhat productive player 14.6 PPG.  We have a much better same type of player right now who completely negates any need for GG.   Uncle Jeff is the slightly improved version.

Also GG is on the backside of his career.  He might have one or two more good years then down the hill he goes.   Time beats all men.

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 07:38:16 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I have always been a Gerald Green lover when here or away. And I been saying the kid is a baller since day 1. He just needed time to get it all together & with a coach who believes in him. Its been a thrill watching Gerald here in my hometown of Phoenix & I wish he was still a Celtic! He is a prime reason the Phoenix Suns are not cellar dwellers like they were supposed to be because he flat out filling it up out here & playing good defense & showing a all around game a lot people thought he never had. Hate to say "I told you so" to a lot of the Gerald haters in CB I argued with over the years but "I told you"! Gerald is starting to look like T-Mac on offense with less handle but is absolutely unstoppable by 1 man. Watching him, his release is so quick & smooth that defenders can't react fast enough to effect his shots! His last 3 games has been 26pts, 27pts & tonight 36pts. He is justifying my statement that he is a a scoring machine. Bottom line is the dude is 6'8 supremely athletic shooting guard, who has quickness & speed of a much smaller guard & other worldly jumping ability with a gifted jump shot. I'm just so happy he's finally getting a no holds barred chance to prove himself. So no more hating GG guys he's arrived & doesn't deserve the hate anymore, he's pretty darn good! And will probably show us as much tomorrow.
The reason people thought he never had an all around game is because he never had it.  And it took him like 9 years to become decent.  Ainge wasn't wrong and neither were the "haters".

Nobody spends 9 years developing a player.  He finally is in a good system for him.  He's lucky.  He was horrible right through last year.

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 08:03:55 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
gerald green vs chris johnson within a team game ?
minutes, shots, defense etc

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 08:22:59 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
my coffee just squirted out of my nose.

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 08:46:30 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
I just have a hard time understanding why C's fans don't like him. He is KEY part of why we have banner 17, without him in that trade we don't get KG here. And also he played good for us before we traded him, averaged 10 pts as a teenager showing all the promise he's now making come to fruition. I'm going to always love the kid because he was distraught being traded from Boston he liked playing for the Celts.

He absolutely was a key part of Banner #17.  If he didn't suck so bad, our draft pick that year would have been significantly worse than #5 and maybe we never get Ray Allen. 

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 02:04:06 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
Boy you guys are miserable in Boston. Glad to wear my Green from afar & not let the negativity ooze from y'all bodies into mine. Lol... As a starter Gerald is averaging about 17 pts as a starter, And over those 34 games he is better than our own Jeff Green in every statistical category except for rebounding I believe. All the shooting percentages are better & he's scoring greater on less shots. And we act as if GG is 30+ yrs of age, he just turned 28 & is just a few months older than Jeff. Someone on here also said he only has a couple good years left, but its not like he's logged a lot of minutes over his career so I'll argue he has more left than most 25 year olds plus his body looks great & made for basketball. He could play for 7-8 more years without a major hiccup. And lastly to say he had a terrible year last year is just being a hater to the core, you guys do understand there's a dude name Paul George in Indy right? And this just in he's pretty darn good & Indy only used GG as George's backup so it just wasn't minutes to be had there. But in the end I personally saw GG make them pay for it Big on a nationally televised ESPN game against Indy & Paul George he lit them up for 23pts & didn't get to play the 4th being they won by 24. He also had 26 against the Heat & 21 against OKC so he's doing it against good defensive teams who are also the top teams in the NBA. "Quit hating guys"
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 02:36:07 PM by KG_ended_Bias »

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 02:16:04 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Sadly, winning in the NBA is not like winning in a head-to-head fantasy league. But you go ahead and grab Green.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 02:18:10 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Sadly, winning in the NBA is not like winning in a head-to-head fantasy league. But you go ahead and grab Green.

I'm not big on Green either and don't want him here, but it's hard to deny his team is substantially overachieving with him in a prominent role.  Kinda tough to keep the "loser" or "empty stats" tag stuck on him in these circumstances.

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 02:41:28 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
Well said "Foulweatherfan" I gave you a tommy point for that statemen. It is hard to deny what he's doing to help a team who was projected to be a bottom 3 team in the NBA preseason into a success & clearly playoff bound team & he's at the forefront of it. #1 Dragic #2 Gerald Green & many night vice versa. He was a plus 28 on the floor last night in a game that went to overtime. His production is not empty anymore.