Author Topic: Ok this is it - Henson/Mayo  (Read 4765 times)

Ok this is it - Henson/Mayo
« on: February 18, 2014, 10:37:27 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Mayo/Henson are available.  Are they wanting a SF to play next to Ilayasova?

Green/Faverani/Nets pick?

Celtics get Henson who would be great with Rondo and also fits in with Sullinger if they go small.  Mayo provides security at the 2 if Bradley won't sign for an affordable deal.  If Bradley does sign, You have a solid third guard plus Mayo can play the 3 when you go small.

Draft a SF.  If it is a top 5 pick, a great one could be had.  If it's 6-9, still get a good player.

Also leaves cap room to try and get a big man this summer.

Re: Ok this is it - Henson/Mayo
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 10:44:11 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Where are you seeing that Henson is available?

I have a hard time thinking the Bucks will part with him.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 10:46:46 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I would love to get Henson. But like Lucky said, hard to picture the Bucks letting him go.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 10:54:36 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
I found it on Hoopshype, who was pulling it from the Racine newspaper.  I will try to post the link that emotions it:

http://journaltimes.com/sports/basketball/bucks-beat-delfino-returning-trade-rumors-swirling/article_25adbc84-98d7-11e3-9b6a-001a4bcf887a.html?comment_form=true

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 11:30:16 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Honestly, I still don't believe it. I'm sure that the Bucks would be happy to move Mayo, who's been dreadful. I read recently that they've benched Mayo for "poor conditioning": they expect him to lose something like 10-15 pounds before he gets to play again.

But I'm stunned to read that the Bucks are "dangling" Henson. I imagine it would take a lot to pry him from Milwaukee.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 12:28:00 AM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
If we could land henson I would gladly give brooklyns pick and green I would probably give any combination of player and a 1st round pick excluding Rondo and Sullinger. Would love to add henson and a high draft pick to the Sullinger Rondo core. Rondo, Exum, Green, Sullinger, Henson
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 09:42:55 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
If this could be done along with a Bass/Pressey for Sessions/Adrien/Blazers pick:

Sullinger  Iverson
Henson  Olynyk
(Draft Pick)  Wallace  (Blazers Pick)
Mayo  Bradley
Rondo 

You may not get a great player with the Blazers pick, but what if you could get a Hairston or Aaron Gordon, or a PG like the Payton kid from ULL. 

There still may be a way to use multiple future picks and go after a Monroe or Asik this summer and use Wallace or Mayo's contract to make it happen. 

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 09:56:37 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Honestly, I still don't believe it. I'm sure that the Bucks would be happy to move Mayo, who's been dreadful. I read recently that they've benched Mayo for "poor conditioning": they expect him to lose something like 10-15 pounds before he gets to play again.

But I'm stunned to read that the Bucks are "dangling" Henson. I imagine it would take a lot to pry him from Milwaukee.

Yeah I saw this about Mayo too. He's been atrocious this year. He probably figured "hey Milwaukee gave me a bunch of guaranteed money even if I don't really wanna play there."

Its unfortunate because for some reason I have always been a Mayo fan. If we could get Henson and him he might be worth the risk but I wouldn't give up the farm for Henson.

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 10:03:35 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I want absolutely no part of Mayo.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 10:10:53 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
If Henson was really on the block I would offer any thing short of Rondo, love and the 2014 Cs pick to get him. I never liked how thin he is but he really would be the perfect fit along with Sully. With a huge 9'5 reach and 7'5 wingspan he can develop into an elite defender.

I would be shocked if they traded him. I think they are better off selling low with Sanders and keeping henson. If I where the Bucks GM I would be hoping that I get Parker in this draft. Pairing Parker,Giannis, and Henson would be close to ideal. The negatives for Parker Pair so well with Giannis. Parker much like Carmelo is viewed as a bit of a tweener on defense (to a lesser extent Juluis Randle also fits nicely with this ). Giannis with more development should be a + defender at the 3 and the 4. This will give then interchangeable forwards on D. Add to that Hensons defensive ability and they have a very formidable super young front court.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 10:15:17 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Henson isn't 'available'. But I could see him and Knight in a Rondo deal. Something like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ltasreb plus a 1st from MIL.

I suspect the Bucks are very active right now. They have tons of mismatched pieces, and a desire to get better fast.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 11:18:55 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I want absolutely no part of Mayo.
ah, more of a Miracle Whip fan huh?   ;)

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 11:38:13 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Since no one's likely to take Sanders' deal, they may be looking to attach Henson to a shorter bad deal like Mayo's to clear some rotation room for Sanders while cutting salary and ditching a malcontent.  Seems like a bad exchange but this is the Bucks we're talking about.

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 12:48:47 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton

Since no one's likely to take Sanders' deal, they may be looking to attach Henson to a shorter bad deal like Mayo's to clear some rotation room for Sanders while cutting salary and ditching a malcontent.  Seems like a bad exchange but this is the Bucks we're talking about.

I think you are exactly right, so.....

Would you trade 2 years of Green for 2 years of Mayo (buying low on Mayo obviously, hoping he will get in shape)if that means you also get Henson for Faverani and a low 1st round pick?

Mayo is not ideal, but Danny has looked into him in the past.  Its not like Green is the most consistent player ever.  This is a chance to get Henson on the cheap.

When it comes time to start paying Henson plus whovever is drafted this summer, contracts like Mayo and Wallace will come up at the perfect time.