Author Topic: Celtics (19-36) at Lakers ((18-36) Game #56 2/21/14  (Read 43512 times)

Re: Celtics (19-36) at Lakers ((18-36) Game #56 2/21/14
« Reply #195 on: February 22, 2014, 02:03:55 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
No, CBS was doing some horrible coaching tonight! How u keep going with Sully when it just wasn't his night. Now if ur going to force Sully u have to put Kelly in for Bass b/c as much as people don't like Kelly, our offense flows with him in the game. He was about to put Kelly in with about 3 left but didn't (game was pretty much decided anyway, should have done it earlier). RR and Kelly have good chemistry even though neither are shooting well last 2... when they get more time together it will get even better. We couldn't score to save our lives, I'm no coach but I think I would go with a player who's presence makes the offense much better.

That lineup he had at the beginning of the 4th sucked and he kept them in way too long..they lost the lead for us again.

Yeah.

The bench is sucking.

Thought it was one of the things going for us this season.

Bayless and Pressey aren't doing it.

« Reply #196 on: February 22, 2014, 02:13:03 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Why he didn't call the timeout with that group bein slaughtered I will never know. I love that he doesn't call the timeout when another team goes on a run most of the time, I just don't like it when you do it when all you have out there are rookies and Bayless. The vets can fight their way out of those situations a lot of times or they can end a run faster. No way you expect those guys to be ready yet.

If Pressey goes fast on the break one more time and throw it at the backboard (not even near the right spot), I'm going to sue him! He just tossed them up there and they weren't even close to going in. He did it like 3 times during that run they put on us to start the fourth and not once did he draw the foul or make it. Just pure ugly!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #197 on: February 22, 2014, 02:15:44 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Jeff Green 11 straight points to start the game and nothing until the end….what a frustrating player.  The entire team looks confused about who is going to take the shots.
That's what happens when you have no reliable 'go to' scorer.  This team will continue to stink until they find at least one.

« Reply #198 on: February 22, 2014, 06:07:10 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
No, CBS was doing some horrible coaching tonight! How u keep going with Sully when it just wasn't his night. Now if ur going to force Sully u have to put Kelly in for Bass b/c as much as people don't like Kelly, our offense flows with him in the game. He was about to put Kelly in with about 3 left but didn't (game was pretty much decided anyway, should have done it earlier). RR and Kelly have good chemistry even though neither are shooting well last 2... when they get more time together it will get even better. We couldn't score to save our lives, I'm no coach but I think I would go with a player who's presence makes the offense much better.

That lineup he had at the beginning of the 4th sucked and he kept them in way too long..they lost the lead for us again.

Yeah.

The bench is sucking.

Thought it was one of the things going for us this season.

Bayless and Pressey aren't doing it.

Embrace the tank. Silver will reward the Cs for not tanking. Just watch. Tanking without letting it out that you are is a tough gig.

« Reply #199 on: February 22, 2014, 07:10:33 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I enjoyed being able to watch a full, uninterupted game for about the 3rd time this year.  LA has a nice little team there sans Nash and Kobe to work with. Not sure what the deal was with Brooks, but it's too bad we couldn't find a role for him.  I dont think i appreciate Brandon Bass enough.  He's a workhorse night in and night out( take notes Green and Wallce), and I loved how he yelled at Gerlad " i dont give a crap" Wallce for not movin his lazy self.  Olynyk and Sully continue to impress and was glad to see some of the old Rondo out there.  As i said earlier, we desparately need a legit center and go to guy(Prays for Parker).  For a minute I looked at Jeff Green in the first half and thought, ya know he would be a nice complimentary player, but then he layed eggs and I was like ::), whatever.  Can't wait to be able to watch another game tonight on NBATV, but honestlty I'll probably be doing more Sac King scouting for guys I'd like to see the C's get lol.

« Reply #200 on: February 22, 2014, 10:12:15 AM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
Olynyk is proving a lot of people wrong, including me.  He's looked more confident and comfortable recently; grabbing a lot of boards he was not getting early in the year.

Rondo kicked it out to Wallace for a few wide open threes that he absolutely bricked.  The three point shooting for this team is atrocious.

Paul Pierce would have knocked down a few of those I can tell you that.

« Reply #201 on: February 22, 2014, 11:48:24 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Just looked at the box score and wondering how we lost. The cheerleader and Brooks torched us. smh
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #202 on: February 22, 2014, 11:56:13 AM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
There was more good than bad with this loss, starting with draft position, and Olynyk showing signs of being the complementary player Ainge billed him as last summer.

Wallace, Bayless, and Pressey all stunk and probably lost this game for us but by next season

Wallace hopefully will be relegated to the bench and then cry about it to newspapers

Bayless on some other team

Pressey in some other league, possibly on some other continent.