Author Topic: Source: Celtics interested in Utah's Hayward  (Read 16253 times)

Re: Source: Celtics interested in Utah's Hayward
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2014, 06:29:16 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Go to bed Sherrod you hack.

Hayward stinks. We're already trying to get rid of Green and this guy is his brother from another mother. Definition of over rated.

Green and Hayward are comperable.  And i like green more than Hayward.

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2014, 06:29:32 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Anyone care to guess what Utah's mindset might be?

On one hand, they're sitting 7th from the bottom, only 3 wins better than Orlando(5 less losses,though). On the other hand, since the beginning of December they're 16-18, and showing some semblance of a good rising team. I would think they'd be inclined to keep Hayward.

Absolutely.

Add a top 5 selection to their core of half-dozen or so young players, and spend a little on the right free agents to add seasoning and professionalism to the roster, and they have a bright future ahead of them.

But will they perceive their future as brighter with an additional first and an expiring for a player that they will be reluctant to pay in Hayward as well as getting worse in the short run to enhance their tank?

Not sure of the answer, but just a different perspective.

Why is Utah reluctant to pay Hayward?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2014, 06:33:54 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
Im not really sold on Hayward

Agreed.  I'd much rather have Kanter of Favors.  In fact the only players I want from Utah are Kanter or Favors.

That's the move Utah really needs to make. I dont think either of those guys can play power forward fulltime. They both look pretty good at the 5 though.

As much as people talk about breaking up Monroe and Drummond, the jazz really have mismatched talent in their front court.

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2014, 06:34:36 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
So their smart enough not to want Bass or Green , and I guess AB either ? :D

Hate to see Green go

But yeah I d trade Bradley and the worst first Rounder we got for Hayward.

Rather sign Hayward than AB .......if AB is going to cost a fortune........give Hayward everyday.

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2014, 06:35:44 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas

On one hand, they're sitting 7th from the bottom, only 3 wins better than Orlando(5 less losses,though). On the other hand, since the beginning of December they're 16-18, and showing some semblance of a good rising team. I would think they'd be inclined to keep Hayward.

Absolutely.

Add a top 5 selection to their core of half-dozen or so young players, and spend a little on the right free agents to add seasoning and professionalism to the roster, and they have a bright future ahead of them.

But will they perceive their future as brighter with an additional first and an expiring for a player that they will be reluctant to pay in Hayward as well as getting worse in the short run to enhance their tank?

The rumors were that Hayward wanted something close to the max. I think he turned down 40/4 already. I dont like the idea of spending that kind of money on him either.

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2014, 06:55:54 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Absolutely.

The rumors were that Hayward wanted something close to the max. I think he turned down 40/4 already. I dont like the idea of spending that kind of money on him either.

I think it was closer to 32/4 he turned down.  I bet he'll end up a little above the 40/4 mark, since someone who loses out on a big name in free agency will spend for the sake of optics.  I don't think his agent expects a max deal, but if you don't ask for it, you'll never get it.

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2014, 07:14:40 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
According to Marc Stein:

In Hayward's case, sources told ESPN.com that the former Butler star was not seeking the four-year max but did push for a deal commensurate with his standing as the face of Utah's rebuilding effort.

I am guessing Hayward wants to be paid more than Derrick Favors, who got four years and $47 million.  Stein said they were reluctant to go beyond $50m, so I would guess he was asking for around $54-55m. 

Trading for Hayward should mean that you are willing to match offer sheets that get that big.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2014, 07:16:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
I expect Hayward to end up on Celtics......as it would make Brad  happy , and can't say if he doesn't deserve a coachable guy he likes , he has earned it, after being strapped with Wallace , Crawford and Brookes in a poor situation .

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2014, 07:18:11 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Hayward won't dictate his deal. He'll go to the highest bidder or Utah will match. Isn't this a given?

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2014, 07:18:43 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
Hayward isn't a SG I was getting bashed in another thread for saying this as well as saying for the cs to draft McDermott for the 2

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2014, 07:20:44 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Hayward isn't a SG I was getting bashed in another thread for saying this as well as saying for the cs to draft McDermott for the 2

People were "bashing" you because you continued to assert that McDermott will be a SG in the pros, despite the fact that most scouts think he'll be a tweener forward.

Here's one:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ncaa-scouting-report-creightons-doug-mcdermott/
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2014, 07:24:26 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
According to Marc Stein:

In Hayward's case, sources told ESPN.com that the former Butler star was not seeking the four-year max but did push for a deal commensurate with his standing as the face of Utah's rebuilding effort.

I am guessing Hayward wants to be paid more than Derrick Favors, who got four years and $47 million.  Stein said they were reluctant to go beyond $50m, so I would guess he was asking for around $54-55m. 

Trading for Hayward should mean that you are willing to match offer sheets that get that big.
I would pay him 12-13 mm because otherwise he won't sign with Us. I think we get him in a sign and trade in the offseason
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2014, 07:33:39 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
According to Marc Stein:

I would pay him 12-13 mm because otherwise he won't sign with Us. I think we get him in a sign and trade in the offseason

Yikes. Im a big fan of GH but I don't think id pay him that. You're approaching max money.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2014, 07:42:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Hayward won't dictate his deal. He'll go to the highest bidder or Utah will match. Isn't this a given?

Yes... Could play out just that way ...with DA , dumping AB and buyin Brad Stevens a player he wants....and would probably fit what the staff wants to do.

I know if I was Hayward I'd want out of Utah ....period.

He ll go for a lot of money though .....no doubt.

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2014, 07:46:12 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
According to Marc Stein:

Yikes. Im a  fan of GH but I don't think id pay him that. You're approaching max money.
Well in my mind either we pay him that much or we have no chance of him playing here. I think he could be the Ray Allen to Kevin Love's kg. Field a playoff team lead by rondo Hayward and our top pick and we could convince k love that we are the up and coming team to take him to the promise land.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19