Author Topic: Source: Celtics interested in Utah's Hayward  (Read 16273 times)

Re: Source: Celtics interested in Utah's Hayward
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 05:33:55 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
not news, we were interested in Hayward for a while, and since Stevens joined in, the hype of them reuniting has gotten bigger

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 05:35:31 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The idea of a three-wing rotation with Bradley, Hayward, and Green (and an occasional smallball lineup with all three on the floor together) intrigues me.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2014, 05:37:27 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Am I the only one who does a first and filler for Hayward in a second?

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 05:39:45 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Yep. You're the only one. No one in Utah does that.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 05:43:36 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Go to bed Sherrod you hack.

Hayward stinks. We're already trying to get rid of Green and this guy is his brother from another mother. Definition of over rated.

Why do you think he stinks? He's better than Bradley in points, assists, rebounds, and PER (if you value that stat), and he's bigger than most 2 guards. His shooting percentages are down this year, but I'm willing to chalk that up to being on a horrible Utah team. And his numbers in most major categories have improved steadily since his rookie year.

Edit: Not saying I want Hayward, just curious as to how you arrived at your opinion.

He's a better passer than AB. Unless things have changed recently their per36 scoring was pretty similar. He's clearly a worse defender.

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 05:46:44 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
I was scared until I read that it was Sherod. Nothing to see here

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2014, 05:53:52 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I don't put much stock into this "rumor," but if it helps the discussion, here are some synergy-centered looks at how he's doing this year:

http://www.slcdunk.com/research-statistics-analytics/2014/2/11/5402292/utah-jazz-guard-gordon-hayward-mysynergysports-offensive-evolution

http://www.ballermindframe.com/2014/01/22/gordon-hayward-alpha-dog/

I personally think Hayward is having a down year shooting because he's being mis-used and asked to do too much, and that pairing him with Rondo would both play to Hayward's strengths and bump up his efficiency.

His limitations on defense are well-known, though perhaps overstated. I think he can be a capable NBA defender.

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2014, 05:57:13 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
The idea of a three-wing rotation with Bradley, Hayward, and Green (and an occasional smallball lineup with all three on the floor together) intrigues me.

That's not bad.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2014, 06:02:01 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Anyone care to guess what Utah's mindset might be?

On one hand, they're sitting 7th from the bottom, only 3 wins better than Orlando(5 less losses,though). On the other hand, since the beginning of December they're 16-18, and showing some semblance of a good rising team. I would think they'd be inclined to keep Hayward.

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 06:04:38 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

On one hand, they're sitting 7th from the bottom, only 3 wins better than Orlando(5 less losses,though). On the other hand, since the beginning of December they're 16-18, and showing some semblance of a good rising team. I would think they'd be inclined to keep Hayward.

Absolutely.

Add a top 5 selection to their core of half-dozen or so young players, and spend a little on the right free agents to add seasoning and professionalism to the roster, and they have a bright future ahead of them.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2014, 06:14:37 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Absolutely.

Add a top 5 selection to their core of half-dozen or so young players, and spend a little on the right free agents to add seasoning and professionalism to the roster, and they have a bright future ahead of them.

But will they perceive their future as brighter with an additional first and an expiring for a player that they will be reluctant to pay in Hayward as well as getting worse in the short run to enhance their tank?

Not sure of the answer, but just a different perspective.

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2014, 06:15:13 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

Yep. You're the only one. No one in Utah does that.

Would they do AB and the Clippers pick for Hayward? I know I would if I was Boston.

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2014, 06:17:11 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
I cant believe Sherrod gets paid for this!!

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2014, 06:22:30 PM »

Offline Sully7

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
Hayward is an upgrade over Bradley at the 2 spot….for a team that struggles to score having another player who can put the ball in the hoop would be welcome.  I however don't see this deal happening…Bradley is injured once again, so he's not getting moved and why would Utah want Green.

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2014, 06:25:34 PM »

Offline kingtutts

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Im not really sold on Hayward

Agreed.  I'd much rather have Kanter of Favors.  In fact the only players I want from Utah are Kanter or Favors.