Author Topic: Trade IDEA: Celtics and Detroit 10 player deal  (Read 4339 times)

Trade IDEA: Celtics and Detroit 10 player deal
« on: February 18, 2014, 04:35:26 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Detroit is another one of those teams like Charlotte which could be a Rajon Rondo away from being competitive.

Plus with Detroit already having signed Josh Smith, and being only half a game behind Charlotte for the 8th seed, does anyone think they make this deal?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k9lp5za

For the Celts, they would unload a huge amount of cap space, build around a front court of Sully and Monroe, get a possible top 5 pick this summer AND possibly have cap space for a max player this summer (someone will have to correct me if the max player part is possible.)

Here's the way it would go down

Celts would get:
Greg Monroe
Brandon Jennings
Rodney Stuckey (expiring)
Charlie Villanueva (expiring)
Kyle Singler
2016 1st round draft pick

Detroit would get:
Rajon Rondo
Avery Bradley
Jeff Green
Gerald Wallace
Vitor Faverani

Re: Trade IDEA: Celtics and Detroit 10 player deal
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 04:36:47 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I'd be fine with this deal. So fine, I'd go out of my mind.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 04:44:15 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I generally don't like the deals where we load up on players from bad teams that have never won anything. It's like somehow we want to be Detroit without Drummond or Sactown without Cousins.

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 04:44:41 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
I'd be fine with this deal. So fine, I'd go out of my mind.

Lol..yeah this to me would probably be an ideal Rondo trade and/or an ideal trade in general.

Where you clear a HUGE amount of cap space to go after a big FA this summer, put yourself in a position to get a top 5 pick this summer and get a duo to build around in Sully and Monroe.

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 04:47:15 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

I generally don't like the deals where we load up on players from bad teams that have never won anything. It's like somehow we want to be Detroit without Drummond or Sactown without Cousins.

Well don't worry. This doesn't have a chance in hell of happening (lol.) But my reasoning behind it is explained in response to Indeed Proceed. I wonder if we could even keep Rondo in the deal and Detroit keeps Jennings.

But I figured there's no way we get Monroe without giving up Rondo.

Also looks like Drummond is untouchable.

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 04:50:21 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Well don't worry. This doesn't have a chance in hell of happening (lol.) But my reasoning behind it is explained in response to Indeed Proceed. I wonder if we could even keep Rondo in the deal and Detroit keeps Jennings.

Detroit's a hard team to figure out. On one hand, it seems that it might be hard to get one of Monroe/Drummond. OTOH, Smith seems hard to trade right now, and how long can they go on with all three of those guys?

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 04:52:09 PM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 408
Detroit is another one of those teams like Charlotte which could be a Rajon Rondo away from being competitive.

Plus with Detroit already having signed Josh Smith, and being only half a game behind Charlotte for the 8th seed, does anyone think they make this deal?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k9lp5za

For the Celts, they would unload a huge amount of cap space, build around a front court of Sully and Monroe, get a possible top 5 pick this summer AND possibly have cap space for a max player this summer (someone will have to correct me if the max player part is possible.)

Here's the way it would go down

Celts would get:
Greg Monroe
Brandon Jennings
Rodney Stuckey (expiring)
Charlie Villanueva (expiring)
Kyle Singler
2016 1st round draft pick

Detroit would get:
Rajon Rondo
Avery Bradley
Jeff Green
Gerald Wallace
Vitor Faverani

DET is a almost a lock for the playoffs if they make this trade, so I'd throw out the possible top 5 pick. BOS is now the worst defensive team in the league, which helps us tank but we'd want to resign Monroe and Jennings is on a long term contract so we're going to be a poor defensive team for years to come. This trade makes us worse in the short and long term except for tanking purposes, which I want no part of as a long term plan.

I would hope Danny would just chuckle as he hung up the phone.

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 04:53:36 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Detroit's a hard team to figure out. On one hand, it seems that it might be hard to get one of Monroe/Drummond. OTOH, Smith seems hard to trade right now, and how long can they go on with all three of those guys?

Yea, I don't think Joe Dumars has any clue as to what he's doing.

I am sure they'd love to move Smith, but not happening with his deal.

I also think Drummond is untouchable so I am thinking Monroe is the odd man out.

Again, I include Rondo because that's probably what it would take to get Monroe.

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 05:02:35 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
What if the Pistons keep Drummond, the Celtics keep Sullinger, and they swap the rest of their rosters?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 05:54:39 PM »

Offline cometboy

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 14
@Hey, I have an idea. Let's trade Sully plus 2 first's for Drummond. Then, WE can be the  "Detroit" of this trade proposal@

Naturally, Detroit won't do this, which is the same reason why Danny won't do the 10 player deal suggested here.

I want Drummond real bad, but only if we can still pair Rondo with him. I would settle for Monroe, however. Just not sure what Detroit would want. They are way too dysfunctional to decipher their plan (plan, what plan?)

CB

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 06:20:26 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Great deal for Detroit. Not good for Boston.

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 09:23:06 AM »

Offline ForexPirate

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 19
as I posted in another thread - if we are trading our untouchable - we should get one in return.

We can fill all detroits holes and make them very competitive for a price.

rond, bradley and green and a pick or two (how many do we need) for drummond villaneauva and stuckey.  It works financially.  Though we get worse, that allows us a better pick this summer.  It gives us a butt load of cap space to go hard in free agency this year.

gives us a starting core of drummond, sully & KO at PF and the rest of the roster is completely overhauled by the good pick we will get and free agent pick ups.

In steven's offense, we don't need a dominant pg, the ball needs to move.  We need good outside shooters that can really stroke it.  We need to find them because the ones we have now are not consistent enough

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 09:32:20 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Great deal for Detroit. Not good for Boston.

That's kind of how I felt, even with the Wallace contract included.  I've really cooled on Monroe as a player.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes