Author Topic: How Bad Does CHA Want the Playoffs?  (Read 7738 times)

Re: How Bad Does CHA Want the Playoffs?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 10:12:44 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Does Charlotte have any interest in bass? Don't they already have a player like that, except perhaps better and cheaper, in Josh McRoberts?

I like the idea of the celtics getting a good look at Biyombo though.

Bass is like McRoberts only he doesn't shoot threes and he does play defense.  Fits better with Charlotte's half-court defensive identity.  Better complement to Big Al.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 10:39:09 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Does Charlotte have any interest in bass? Don't they already have a player like that, except perhaps better and cheaper, in Josh McRoberts?

Bass is like McRoberts only he doesn't shoot threes and he does play defense.  Fits better with Charlotte's half-court defensive identity.  Better complement to Big Al.

I think Bass's defense is just ok. Or maybe somewhere between bad and ok. He is very undersized when playing against the legit bigs of the NBA and he botches a lot of team defense rotations. McRoberts is also some where between bad and ok.

Both dont rebound that well. Both rely on perimeter games. Yet McRoberts can hit threes. McRoberts can pass too.

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 12:39:26 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If Charlotte offered both of their 2014 1st, plus Sessions and Biyombo for Rondo and Bass does Danny consider the trade?

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 04:19:11 PM »

Offline smiggity

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 3
I am surprised that there have been so few rumors mentioning Charlotte and Boston as potential trade partners. Charlotte has reportedly expressed interest in Evan Turner, Aaron Afflalo, and Gary Neal. Boston has been rumored to be in talks with nearly every other team in the Association.

Wouldn't Jeff Green, Avery Bradley, and/or Brandon Bass improve Charlotte's chances to make the playoffs?

It seems like, with Ben Gordon's expiring contract, the two teams have the bones of a deal.

Why no noise?

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 04:27:06 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
from Chris Mannix today:

Count the Bobcats -- who have not made the playoffs since 2010 -- among the most active teams the last few weeks. Charlotte is in search of perimeter help and, as one executive who has spoken to the Bobcats recently, are exploring "every available option." That includes Philadelphia's Evan Turner, as ESPN.com reported last week, and Orlando's Aaron Afflalo. Charlotte has two big expiring contracts in Gordon ($13.2 million) and Sessions ($5 million) and is believed to be willing to absorb a bad contract to acquire an impact player.

hey now!

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 04:29:45 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I am surprised that there have been so few rumors mentioning Charlotte and Boston as potential trade partners. Charlotte has reportedly expressed interest in Evan Turner, Aaron Afflalo, and Gary Neal. Boston has been rumored to be in talks with nearly every other team in the Association.

Wouldn't Jeff Green, Avery Bradley, and/or Brandon Bass improve Charlotte's chances to make the playoffs?

It seems like, with Ben Gordon's expiring contract, the two teams have the bones of a deal.

Why no noise?

Who knows, maybe both teams are kicking tires on bigger deals today and can contact each other tomorrow if everything else falls through.

We all saw how the Perk/Green trade came out of nowhere 3 years ago.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2014, 04:47:15 PM »

Offline smiggity

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 3
Can MKG play SG? (making a J. Green trade more attractive for them)

Charlotte doesn't have its own 2014 1st but has 1sts from Portland and Detroit.

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2014, 04:55:03 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
from Chris Mannix today:

Count the Bobcats -- who have not made the playoffs since 2010 -- among the most active teams the last few weeks. Charlotte is in search of perimeter help and, as one executive who has spoken to the Bobcats recently, are exploring "every available option." That includes Philadelphia's Evan Turner, as ESPN.com reported last week, and Orlando's Aaron Afflalo. Charlotte has two big expiring contracts in Gordon ($13.2 million) and Sessions ($5 million) and is believed to be willing to absorb a bad contract to acquire an impact player.

hey now!

D+ for originality, D- for copy editing.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2014, 05:15:02 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
from Chris Mannix today:

hey now!

D+ for originality, D- for copy editing.

don't shoot the messenger.

i just like the bad contract part. how about taking Jeff Green.... he can make an impact (sometimes) AND he has a bad contract!
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2014, 05:18:39 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Wasn't talking about you.

I also don't agree that Green has a bad contract.

However, Wallace and Green for Sessions and Gordon works in the trade machine. ;D
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2014, 08:47:08 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Hope the Horncats get their ass kicked tonight against Detroit. Maybe that will knock some sense into Jordan.

That was last night, and I didn't get my wish. AlJeff killed them.

Same thing happening tonight ! Pistons getting butts kicked again by 'Cats. WTH!!

Maybe that will get the Pistons to do something. Then again, we're talking about Dumars here. His moves are often more baffling than Airhead Jordan

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2014, 10:27:19 PM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38

I think Bass's defense is just ok. Or maybe somewhere between bad and ok. He is very undersized when playing against the legit bigs of the NBA and he botches a lot of team defense rotations. McRoberts is also some where between bad and ok.

Both dont rebound that well. Both rely on perimeter games. Yet McRoberts can hit threes. McRoberts can pass too.

For what it's worth, he also has it all over Bass in the nickname department.

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2014, 11:20:59 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
I actually think a Bobcats/Sixers trade around the 'Cats receiving Evan Turner makes the most sense.

I agree with this, and CHA has multiple firsts to be able to do this (give Philly one).

Logically, it should happen. BUT, they don't want to cough up even a late first for Gasol! Imagine what he could do for their playoff push (if he's healthy).

If they don't want to give up a first for either of those guys, what is the chance that they will for Bass, or Green or Hump?

Turner's a better fit for them than Gasol, I think, and is a much friendlier contract (even if Pau is expiring).

The word is that any player that goes back to Philly almost certainly has to be an expiring contract, so with that in mind (and assuming Charlotte goes in with a first round pick):

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k88rpd7

If that doesn't load, it's

Charlotte Sends:
1st rounder
Ben Gordon
Ramon Sessions
Jeff Adrian

Philly Sends:
E. Turner
Thad Young (who they're also looking to sell on)

Of the trades I have seen, this is the one that makes the most sense in my mind for the Bobcats. ...I don't think we have a trade that's smart for both sides with them.