Author Topic: if Knicks made this offer  (Read 11834 times)

if Knicks made this offer
« on: February 18, 2014, 12:58:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
To Knicks: rondo, bass, humphries,wallace
To celtics: chandler, hardaway jr., stoudermire, 2018 1st

I honestly can see them going this far to try to get rondo. Then trade shumpert for asik or another center. Even without one, bass and hump can do a decent job for you up front

We get to get rid of long term contracts, a first, a promising sg and one of the better centers in the league. No more easy layups for opponents

Re: if Knicks made this offer
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 01:00:28 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
why would the celtics do this?  just to shed some salary?

if we trade rondo, we're conceding that we're not going to be good for a few years.  if that's the case, why trade for chandler?  if the knicks are trading for rondo to "go for it" this year to try and keep Melo around, why would they trade chandler?

makes no sense.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 01:01:22 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Man, you are dying to get rid of rondo huh?

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 01:03:06 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
This is the worse trade Danny could possibly make. You must either think Hardaway is the second coming of MJ or think Rondo is worth a bunch of old role players.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 01:11:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Yup. He is not the player Danny hopes he can be. He is not kg or even pierce in terms to be able to lead a team. He is kind of a loner and doesnt strike me as a team first guy. His interviews are depressing.

If your the guy that is going to help rebuild you need to be able to inspire others. Do you think rondo can? He knows the game and is a good player. But thats it

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 01:12:13 PM »

Offline minijericho29

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24
This would be a lateral move for the Knicks.  Chandler is highly valued over there and their team defense suffers greatly when he is out of the line-up.

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 01:15:29 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

Yup. He is not the player Danny hopes he can be. He is not kg or even pierce in terms to be able to lead a team. He is kind of a loner and doesnt strike me as a team first guy. His interviews are depressing.

If your the guy that is going to help rebuild you need to be able to inspire others. Do you think rondo can? He knows the game and is a good player. But thats it

Not a team guy?

What have you been watching the past 8 years? 

And how exactly do you know whether or not he's the player that Danny wants him to be?  Do you have insight into Danny or just throwing anything against a wall and seeing what sticks?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 01:22:46 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

Okay, if you truly believe that. Why would that make you want to give him away for pennies on the dollar? Rondo is worth way more than old role players and a Hardaway. Don't get the hype around him.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 01:25:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Not a team guy?

And how exactly do you know whether or not he's the player that Danny wants him to be?  Do you have insight into Danny or just throwing anything against a wall and seeing what sticks?

Danny wants to rebuild around him. Stevens gave him captain title. 

To me this means he is the face of the franchise moving fwd. The leader. He has shown me very little leadership skills so far

He has been influenced and inspired by doc, kg, pp, allen though

You listen to rondo talk at interviews etc. He rarely says "we". He doesnt praise anybody, he just doesnt care it sounds like.

Last week a reporter asked him how it feels not to be going to the all star game. His response was that it doesnt matter. Imo  it should matter at least a little.

We all know this is vintage rondo. But expecting him to be the way he is and lead , inspire a team dont really mix

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 01:27:14 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

The other players claim he can. Obviously you know better than they do though. And you must not be big on humor if you find his interviews to be depressing.

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 01:28:43 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Yes, let's trade Rondo because he's not an entertaining interview. #Logic

In all seriousness, you're making a ton of assumptions about his personality and what he's capable of based on what you see on TV. But even that's not relevant anymore - you call him a loner but before he came back from injury, was he not on the Celtics bench? Was he not talking to guys like Pressey and Bradley? Was he not sitting in the huddle talking with his teammates?

I think a lot of posters have a lot of outdated opinions on Rondo and basically refuse to acknowledge any sort of progress he's made.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 01:30:02 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Not a team guy?

To me this means he is the face of the franchise moving fwd. The leader. He has shown me very little leadership skills so far

You listen to rondo talk at interviews etc. He rarely says "we". He doesnt praise anybody, he just doesnt care it sounds like.

Last week a reporter asked him how it feels not to be going to the all star game. His response was that it doesnt matter. Imo it should matter at least a little.

The guy doesn't care about going to all-star games but he's willing to come back into a game 5 minutes after his elbow was bent the wrong way to help his team win a playoff game. I doubt you'll find a better example of a team player than that.

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 01:33:00 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
worst trade ever, we are going to be set back even further with this trade. I'd pass

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 01:37:24 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

Yes, let's trade Rondo because he's not an entertaining interview. #Logic

In all seriousness, you're making a ton of assumptions about his personality and what he's capable of based on what you see on TV. But even that's not relevant anymore - you call him a loner but before he came back from injury, was he not on the Celtics bench? Was he not talking to guys like Pressey and Bradley? Was he not sitting in the huddle talking with his teammates?

I think a lot of posters have a lot of outdated opinions on Rondo and basically refuse to acknowledge any sort of progress he's made.

Exactly.

"Let's look past the mounds and mounds of evidence that points to the contrary and keep the blinders on becuase it doesn't fit the narrative I want to spin"

::)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 01:39:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Not a team guy?

Last week a reporter asked him how it feels not to be going to the all star game. His response was that it doesnt matter. Imo it should matter at least a little.

The guy doesn't care about going to all-star games but he's willing to come back into a game 5 minutes after his elbow was bent the wrong way to help his team win a playoff game. I doubt you'll find a better example of a team player than that.

Can you forget the past for a moment. We are talking about now and moving fwd.

The past doesnt prove he can inspire and lead a new team.

Its not easy to be convinced that he can lead a group of guys the way he sulks at interviews.