Author Topic: Where are the Bass and Hump rumors?  (Read 4795 times)

Re: Where are the Bass and Hump rumors?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 01:48:37 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Humphries makes a lot of money for an expiring contract.  I doubt Danny will be willing to take on future salary in exchange for Hump, so it's hard to come up with trade scenarios.

I think Bass will get traded, but you won't hear a lot of rumors about it until later this week.  It'll be a late-game move.

Well, I think Danny might be looking to stay pretty static as far as expiring contracts this year and next year.  So, if he can trade Bass and Green for expirings, then he I think he could be willing to take on a player with a year left for Humphries.

That is where Danny could get creative, if things loosen up in the trade market.  Danny could just shuffle the deckchairs, and get a couple extra assets. 

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 02:16:20 PM »

Offline 317

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 25
i want to know where the Bradly rumors are. i cant see Danny giving him much more then the mid level and i cant see Bradly not finding some idiot GM who will offer him more

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2014, 02:34:47 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I just figured it was because guys on their level aren’t really featured in rumors, because most people don’t care (I mean I know we care, but I don’t think most of the fanbases of teams who would get Bass or Hump really care, nor do general fans of the league or the Celtics).

Fab Melo, Barbosa for Crawford, Crawford for Anthony, Glen Davis for Bass, Keyon Dooling, Lee for Bayless, Eddie House for Nate Robinson, etc.  These are the trades you never really hear about until they happen, because people don’t really care.  No big names, no game changers = no news.

TP

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 02:46:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Actually I heard a Bass trade rumor at lunch ....... ;)

The guy in the trash line in front of me said he'd trade his partially eaten Burger King Whopper for him.

My reply ,

"Done"

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 02:52:59 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
the only reason you'd trade Humph would be in a package deal where you include picks and rookie contract players like Sully for a major upgrade (Love, Melo, etc).   Those kind of trades don't seem like they are on the table.  Makes more sense just to let Humph expire.

Bass is not that desirable and he also expires prior to 2015 so there is less urgency to dump him right now.

You're hearing about Green, because he's a mediocre player making big money through 2016, but presumably might net us an expiring contract.  You're hearing about Rondo, because he's available and still a fringe star in this league that could command assets. 

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 03:06:28 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Actually I heard a Bass trade rumor at lunch ....... ;)

The guy in the trash line in front of me said he'd trade his partially eaten Burger King Whopper for him.

My reply ,

"Done"

I need the deli guy to come through with the inside news right about now!