Author Topic: Yahoo Sports rumor: SAC offered IT, McLemore, 2 picks for Rondo  (Read 27792 times)

Re: Yahoo Sports rumor: SAC offered IT, McLemore, 2 picks for Rondo
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2014, 06:00:04 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The kings gm stated there has been no trade talks involving BM.

How do these guys make up these rumors?

I guess the only reliable guy out there is woj and the only team that wants rondo are the knicks

« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2014, 06:09:34 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I guess the only reliable guy out there is woj and the only team that wants rondo are the knicks

Why are journalists the only ones who are capable of submitting falsehoods to the general public?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2014, 06:17:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Why are journalists the only ones who are capable of submitting falsehoods to the general public?

what? you go off topic alot.

« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2014, 06:17:58 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Some of it probably involves GMs lying to journalists or using them to send out trial balloons without actually talking to other GMs.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2014, 06:18:58 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Stay in school.

I'll rephrase: Do you think it's possible that the King's GM might have lied when he said he hadn't talked to anyone about McLemore?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2014, 06:22:51 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Obviously you're unfamiliar with politics in America.

« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2014, 06:23:55 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Obviously you're unfamiliar with politics in America.
Russell/Jabar '16

« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2014, 06:24:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Stay in school.

I'll rephrase: Do you think it's possible that the King's GM might have lied when he said he hadn't talked to anyone about McLemore?

Learn how to communicate.

And no, GM's don't have time for that crap.  Someone is making it up.  If a GM made it up, its also bad morale for his players that are involved in the rumor

« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2014, 06:26:36 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

An aside, but I don't like it when threads go off topic.

« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2014, 06:29:58 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
To put it as bluntly as possible:

Automatically assuming that a GM isn't lying, and that instead, the journalist (who's job security depends largely on them not just making things up) must be making things up  seems very stupid to me.

« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2014, 06:32:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Danny is lost imo

We all read that he went to watch parker a few weeks ago. And he is not going to trade Rondo unless he gets overpaid. 

Why is he teasing himself then visiting Parker when he will have little to no chance to draft him?

If he wants to try to get him, he needs to clear the roster and thats includes Green, Rondo etc.. If he wants to go to the playoffs, he should concentrate on adding some more players.   He is stuck in the grey area

« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2014, 06:32:40 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
I think any deal involving ROndo to Sac would need to include DMC.  RR won't sign there anyway - so whatever.  Danny isn't going to trade Rondo right now unless he is blown away.  Rondo's value is not great right now - if he puts together a good rest of the season, his value goes through the roof. 
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2014, 06:34:27 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Danny is lost imo

We all read that he went to watch parker a few weeks ago. And he is not going to trade Rondo unless he gets overpaid. 

Why is he teasing himself then visiting Parker when he will have little to no chance to draft him?

If he wants to try to get him, he needs to clear the roster and thats includes Green, Rondo etc.. If he wants to go to the playoffs, he should concentrate on adding some more players.   He is stuck in the grey area

LOL. A GM doing due diligence is "lost?"

Also, pretty sure Parker has teammates and opponents he plays against.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2014, 06:34:36 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Stay in school.

Learn how to communicate.

And no, GM's don't have time for that crap.  Someone is making it up.  If a GM made it up, its also bad morale for his players that are involved in the rumor

If it is bad for the morale of players to know they are being discussed in trade talks, wouldn't it make sense for a GM to lie and say that there are no trade talks to prevent the players from being negatively affected?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2014, 06:35:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
To put it as bluntly as possible:

Automatically assuming that a GM isn't lying, and that instead, the journalist (who's job security depends largely on them not just making things up) must be making things up  seems very stupid to me.

If you include one of your players in the rumor, you are messing with their head.  Why would you want to do that?