Author Topic: Yahoo Sports rumor: SAC offered IT, McLemore, 2 picks for Rondo  (Read 27733 times)

Re: Yahoo Sports rumor: SAC offered IT, McLemore, 2 picks for Rondo
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2014, 10:25:59 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
The "picks" must not have been first rounders, or they were a "right to swap" instead of a full pick.  Right now, Sacramento can only trade its 2019 or 2020 #1 (not both) unless they get another #1 back.

The 2015 Clips pick wouldn't be too high a price for me, as long as we were getting back their 2014 pick (1-12 range) and 2016 pick (unprotected). Wouldn't that work?

Yes, as I understand the rule.  That said, it's probably telling that Yahoo said "picks" and not "first rounders".

Phoenix will have the Indy pick and what looks like probably a total 4 first rounders. I'm confident we could work a deal out with them in order to acquire the Pacers pick and swap that instead of the Nets/Hawks one.

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2014, 10:31:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Apparently Rondo had zero interest in resigning in SAC so you can rule them out.

Why does Sac care right now??  So every team that wants to trade for Rondo will ask if he will stay after his contract before wanting to make a trade?

Yes.  But more accurately since it doesn't make economic sense for him to sign an extension now, they'll ask if he's interested in staying. 

If he says "Hell no!" like he probably would've if the Kings asked, then the buyer's gonna drop their price hard or move on entirely.

Sac should just take a chance. They can change his mind. I mean they got all of next year to try to entice him to stay

Its a good deal. If they took out one piece of the offer bc rondo is not sure he will stay, Danny still might do it

"bc rondo is not sure he will stay"
Yeah... it sounds like he was pretty sure that he doesn't want to stay. No competent GM should be willing to give up valuable assets for a guy who says flat out he doesn't wanna play for you. It drove nuts that Danny chased after CP3 so hard even though it was pretty adamant in reports that he didn't want to play here.

And I could def see Rondo taking less money to leave Sacramento in free agency. He's said he feels like he's making good money now and then he signed that 8-year sneaker contract with Anta.I don't think money is going to be the deciding factor for him.

He is friends with Gay. Unless Gay is also not interested in resigning.

Yup, so it makes you wonder the type of conversations they're having. The interesting part is that if Gay opts in next year (with $19m, it's hard picturing him not opting in), they'd both be free agents at the same time. Maybe Gay is already planning to bolt.

Even if these players want to bolt now, they can also get attached. It's not just easy to leave a team you play (played) for, even if its for one year .

If Gay and Rondo start winning in Sac, they will likely stay imo. It's also not easy to go to the same team together.

I bet you guys if this rumor is true, Gay is speaking to Rondo right now trying to get him over.

If this trade happens , i wonder if sac will try to get Josh Smith next

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2014, 10:41:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Someone on the main forum wrote on their post

“Source said Kings and C’s discussed a deal involving Isaiah Thomas, Ben McLemore and a pick for Rajon Rondo, but Rondo wasn’t interested in re-signing with Sacramento and the Kings strongly value McLemore.”

how about sac just keep Mclemore and give us another 1st. It would be nice if one of the 1st is the 2014

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2014, 10:50:53 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
I believe kings don't have a 1st round pick this year. I think the bulls have it, but its protected 1 - 12

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2014, 10:59:00 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I believe kings don't have a 1st round pick this year. I think the bulls have it, but its protected 1 - 12

not interested then

no to houston deal

no to sac deal

lakers have a high lottery pick i would be interested in IF they trade Gasol and continue losing.

suns have Dragic and a bunch of 1sts

I personally wouldn't do any Rondo deal until draft day when we know where everyone's picks will be.

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2014, 11:05:28 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Can someone confirm the Sacto and Charlotte picks are protected so if the picks are lottery picks then Sacto/charlotte keep them?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2014, 11:08:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

not interested then

no to houston deal

no to sac deal

lakers have a high lottery pick i would be interested in IF they trade Gasol and continue losing.

suns have Dragic and a bunch of 1sts

I personally wouldn't do any Rondo deal until draft day when we know where everyone's picks will be.

I think you nailed it......until draft day .....I don't think it would be wise make the BIG bold move

We see where our pick falls......then see how the assets can possibly move to get a pick DA wants......or if the guys stay in college that DA is hot on.....then maybe he trades down.

To early yet...see who is going to pick where and who makes the playoffs

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2014, 11:12:06 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
That;s pretty fair value.

Now does Rondo want to resign in Boston?

Nope. More like he now knows that he can be traded and trusts nobody.

He's always known he can be traded and he's said he wants to stay in Boston.

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2014, 11:12:29 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
http://twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/435627129301368832

The wording on Spears' report has changed, by the way. It now says one pick rather than two, and "discussed" rather than "offered."

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2014, 11:23:56 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

He has also said that he's looking forward to experiencing UFA, so I think it's fair to say there's been at least a suggestion from him that he'd consider other places.

I think it all comes down to where the team is at a year and change from now.  Ainge may feel that there's a good chance the team is not in a position to be as competitive as Rondo might like by then.  Or maybe he has 100% confidence that the opposite is true.  Hard to say.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 11:24:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

The wording on Spears' report has changed, by the way. It now says one pick rather than two, and "discussed" rather than "offered."

Still it has got pretty far. Especially if Sac gets to ask Rondo questions.

A key question though, did Sac ask Danny to speak to Rondo (assess before offer) or did Danny out of respect for Rondo, let him know the offer and asked if he was interested in going.

If Danny didn't ask and he likes the offer, another similar offer and Rondo might be gone

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 11:28:37 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Tim, with the latest couple of reports it's pretty clear that you were overvaluing Rondo's value around the league. Unless of course 2 1st rd picks is the new going rate for a top 5 player.

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 11:37:08 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255

Either way, the only reason to ask Rondo about resigning with Sacto is if both GMs wanted the deal. There's no other reason to get Rondo involved.

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 11:41:39 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

He has also said that he's looking forward to experiencing UFA, so I think it's fair to say there's been at least a suggestion from him that he'd consider other places.

I think it all comes down to where the team is at a year and change from now.  Ainge may feel that there's a good chance the team is not in a position to be as competitive as Rondo might like by then.  Or maybe he has 100% confidence that the opposite is true.  Hard to say.

It's the same thing PP said when he was a FA. There's obviously no guarantees but he hasn't said anything that's really concerning.

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2014, 11:45:45 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Wonder if we'll see one more game of Rondo in Celtic green or not.