Author Topic: Yahoo Sports rumor: SAC offered IT, McLemore, 2 picks for Rondo  (Read 27813 times)

Re: Yahoo Sports rumor: SAC offered IT, McLemore, 2 picks for Rondo
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 09:49:44 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Apparently Rondo had zero interest in resigning in SAC so you can rule them out.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 09:50:34 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The "picks" must not have been first rounders, or they were a "right to swap" instead of a full pick.  Right now, Sacramento can only trade its 2019 or 2020 #1 (not both) unless they get another #1 back.

The 2015 Clips pick wouldn't be too high a price for me, as long as we were getting back their 2014 pick (1-12 range) and 2016 pick (unprotected). Wouldn't that work?

Yes, as I understand the rule.  That said, it's probably telling that Yahoo said "picks" and not "first rounders".

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 09:52:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Apparently Rondo had zero interest in resigning in SAC so you can rule them out.

Why does Sac care right now??  So every team that wants to trade for Rondo will ask if he will stay after his contract before wanting to make a trade?

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 09:58:10 PM »

Offline Mlewis1392

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Im pro rondo and would love to bring in those two names. If we traded Pierce why should we consult with rondo if he has any interest in signing there? I thought this was a business

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 09:58:39 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Why does Sac care right now??  So every team that wants to trade for Rondo will ask if he will stay after his contract before wanting to make a trade?

Yes.  But more accurately since it doesn't make economic sense for him to sign an extension now, they'll ask if he's interested in staying. 

If he says "Hell no!" like he probably would've if the Kings asked, then the buyer's gonna drop their price hard or move on entirely.

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 10:00:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Yes.  But more accurately since it doesn't make economic sense for him to sign an extension now, they'll ask if he's interested in staying. 

If he says "Hell no!" like he probably would've if the Kings asked, then the buyer's gonna drop their price hard or move on entirely.

Sac should just take a chance. They can change his mind. I mean they got all of next year to try to entice him to stay

Its a good deal. If they took out one piece of the offer bc rondo is not sure he will stay, Danny still might do it

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 10:05:21 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Why make a big trade for a player who's going to leave in a year? I would expect any team that wanted to trade for Rondo to ask him about whether he'll stay there, that's pretty much what happens in every similar trade.

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2014, 10:07:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Why make a big trade for a player who's going to leave in a year? I would expect any team that wanted to trade for Rondo to ask him about whether he'll stay there, that's pretty much what happens in every similar trade.

Rondo can say maybe but i doubt he will say 100 percent to any team that trades for him. Even he hasn't given us a guarantee

Sac can change his mind after getting him. Worse case they can trade him next trade deadline. If they want to win now due to all the trades they made so far, its the kind of risk you take

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2014, 10:09:00 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
That;s pretty fair value.

Now does Rondo want to resign in Boston?

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2014, 10:09:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
That;s pretty fair value.

Now does Rondo want to resign in Boston?

Nope. More like he now knows that he can be traded and trusts nobody. 

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2014, 10:11:25 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
[dang], that would have been an awesome deal. C'mon, Rajon. Sacramento isn't that bad!

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2014, 10:13:23 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Sac should just take a chance. They can change his mind. I mean they got all of next year to try to entice him to stay

Its a good deal. If they took out one piece of the offer bc rondo is not sure he will stay, Danny still might do it

"bc rondo is not sure he will stay"
Yeah... it sounds like he was pretty sure that he doesn't want to stay. No competent GM should be willing to give up valuable assets for a guy who says flat out he doesn't wanna play for you. It drove nuts that Danny chased after CP3 so hard even though it was pretty adamant in reports that he didn't want to play here.

And I could def see Rondo taking less money to leave Sacramento in free agency. He's said he feels like he's making good money now and then he signed that 8-year sneaker contract with Anta.I don't think money is going to be the deciding factor for him.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2014, 10:16:36 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Yeah... it sounds like he was pretty sure that he doesn't want to stay. No competent GM should be willing to give up valuable assets for a guy who says flat out he doesn't wanna play for you. It drove nuts that Danny chased after CP3 so hard even though it was pretty adamant in reports that he didn't want to play here.

And I could def see Rondo taking less money to leave Sacramento in free agency. He's said he feels like he's making good money now and then he signed that 8-year sneaker contract with Anta.I don't think money is going to be the deciding factor for him.

He is friends with Gay. Unless Gay is also not interested in resigning.

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2014, 10:17:46 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Hey, I guess this means Sam Smith was half right!
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 10:24:55 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

He is friends with Gay. Unless Gay is also not interested in resigning.

Yup, so it makes you wonder the type of conversations they're having. The interesting part is that if Gay opts in next year (with $19m, it's hard picturing him not opting in), they'd both be free agents at the same time. Maybe Gay is already planning to bolt.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman