Author Topic: Romor:Houston now in mix for Rondo.?  (Read 12758 times)

Re: Romor:Houston now in mix for Rondo.?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 08:40:34 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Lin , Asik and a 1st. I think Danny thinks about it hard

I think he hangs up. That's not enough value for Rondo.

That's basically Lin, Asik and a late first. Unless he has a Lex Luthor type plan of stealing a superstar talent in pick 25, he will say "no thanks."

I'm not saying I would do this deal, but I think you are totally overvaluing Rondo here. He's a mid-career PG coming off major knee surgery who has peaked, has flaws in his game, and will demand a max deal after next season. We are not getting an all-star for him, and I'm guessing Ainge has already privately decided he won't re-sign him to a max deal either.

Im with Yoki on this one. Theres no way that is equal value to what Rondo brings to the table.  I have trouble with people believe Rondo is basically over the hump and washed up. He is 27 freakin years old about to enter 5 to 6 years of his prime and after surgery while he is still sluggish he is averaging 10, 7, and 5.

Just like Perk and Tony Allen hit their primes after Danny decided he didn't want to pay them and they dominated? Rondo is obviously better than them, but not worth what some people on here think.

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 08:41:30 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

That's basically Lin, Asik and a late first. Unless he has a Lex Luthor type plan of stealing a superstar talent in pick 25, he will say "no thanks."

I'm not saying I would do this deal, but I think you are totally overvaluing Rondo here. He's a mid-career PG coming off major knee surgery who has peaked, has flaws in his game, and will demand a max deal after next season. We are not getting an all-star for him, and I'm guessing Ainge has already privately decided he won't re-sign him to a max deal either.

Im with Yoki on this one. Theres no way that is equal value to what Rondo brings to the table.  I have trouble with people believe Rondo is basically over the hump and washed up. He is 27 freakin years old about to enter 5 to 6 years of his prime and after surgery while he is still sluggish he is averaging 10, 7, and 5.

Lin/Asik is what many here are assuming are involved.

They may be involved, just not to us, to a 3rd team who gives us draft picks like Phoenix or Charlotte as examples.

Our net could look like: Parsons + TJones and two firsts from the third team and Rondo/Green going to Houston.

Lots of interesting chatter from Houston fans here:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=250906&page=16

They think giving up Parsons is too much!!!!

Guess everyone overvalues their players.

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 08:48:04 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
I actually agree with the Rondo apologists here. Unless Houston is taking Gerald Wallace this makes zero sense to do. Try for a lotto pick.

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 08:56:13 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
Thanks to OP...
I have been waiting all day for some trading rumors. 

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 09:01:55 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Rumor...

Rondo .......is making guest appearance on

"The Walking Dead"

;D

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 09:02:14 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Chandler Parsons has my attention.

Give me Parsons and Asik, and we have the beginnings of a conversation.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 09:02:20 PM »

Offline Sully7

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
If they get Rondo and we get Asik and Lin in return Houston just got everything they ever wanted.  Rid of Asik who's been a pain for them and an upgrade at the point.  It would have to be better than that

no Parsons = deal killer for the C's in my mind

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2014, 09:05:04 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
No way. They would have to at least include Parsons and Terrance Jones.

Parsons, Jones, Asik, Lin, 2014 first, 2016 first
For
Rondo + filler
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2014, 09:13:32 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Just like Perk and Tony Allen hit their primes after Danny decided he didn't want to pay them and they dominated? Rondo is obviously better than them, but not worth what some people on here think.

It's not true that Danny didn't want to pay TA and it's also fairly obvious that he's had his best years as a player on Memphis. Rondo's worth pretty much the same amount as any other player who dominates in the playoffs when healthy and has led teams on deep playoff runs.

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2014, 09:16:30 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Respectfully disagree. You will not find a better deal for Rondo. Take it and run!

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2014, 09:19:19 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
From the original source take it for what it is worth but the guy seems to have had sources in the past

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=250906

Morey is trying to make this happen. Has his connections in Bos with Ainge as everyone knows.

Don't be surprised if it happens as deadline approaches.

Lakers are looking to possibly get Rondo as well. Seeing if they can get that 2nd pick from a Pau trade to throw in for Rondo.

Rondo will be a vocal leader and lead by example - Something Harden and Dwight are incapable of doing...

Also lead by playing BOTH ends of the floor.

Rockets are willing to give up Parsons in this deal... Boston is getting giddy.

Heard Boston wants McLemore, I. Thomas, and two first rounders from Sacramento...

They are talking to several teams.

I never said this is going to go down and happen.

Do you know how many scenarios go back and forth...?
Rockets don't feel they can win a championship with this exact roster.
Celts are down for Bev as well.

Morey will do whatever to keep Parsons, but he knows how difficult it can be with the new CBA. Parsons will be pricey, believe it or not, there could be teams close to offering him the max.

Dmo is definitely being discussed
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2014, 09:19:50 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

It's not true that Danny didn't want to pay TA and it's also fairly obvious that he's had his best years as a player on Memphis. Rondo's worth pretty much the same amount as any other player who dominates in the playoffs when healthy and has led teams on deep playoff runs.

Ainge has been right on every call so far when deciding to pay his players the money they want. Posey sucked after getting a large contract to leave boston. Tony Allen has been a career bench player who wanted starters minutes and money. Perk is a deep bench player who is barely still in the league after his large contract. I trust Ainge in his upcoming evaluation of what to do with Rondo long term, and it is highly unlikely to be a max deal to stay in Boston unless we somehow get 2 other superstars to put with him before then end of next season.

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2014, 09:23:06 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Respectfully disagree. You will not find a better deal for Rondo. Take it and run!

That is a LOT of money that the owners would need to come up with next year (even if it doesn't count against the books). Houston would love to get rid of one of these guys. Getting rid of both while acquiring one of the top pgs in the nba would be one of the best steals ever. Only including one late nba first is pretty useless in this case.

I think Parsons is a little overrated, but agree with those who say that the conversation begins with him and two picks - preferably from a worse team than Houston. I see no reason to trade Rondo for two extremely overpaid players who are decent, but hardly on the same level as Rondo.

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2014, 09:24:51 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Respectfully, you have no idea what teams are offering for Rondo. In particular, that's a frighteningly bad deal for Rondo. Asik and Lin will make a combined $30M next year. That's roughly what Paul George and Roy Hibbert will combine for. If we just traded expirings for those two we should get a draft pick. You're basically throwing in Rondo for free.

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 09:26:57 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Ainge has been right on every call so far when deciding to pay his players the money they want. Posey sucked after getting a large contract to leave boston. Tony Allen has been a career bench player who wanted starters minutes and money. Perk is a deep bench player who is barely still in the league after his large contract. I trust Ainge in his upcoming evaluation of what to do with Rondo long term, and it is highly unlikely to be a max deal to stay in Boston unless we somehow get 2 other superstars to put with him before then end of next season.

Danny himself said that he didn't want to let TA go but he didn't get a chance to make another offer before TA went to Memphis.