Author Topic: Rumor : Jason terry could be traded again  (Read 3759 times)

Rumor : Jason terry could be traded again
« on: February 17, 2014, 05:41:55 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
The Brooklyn Nets are interested in acquiring Cavaliers point guard Jarrett Jack and have had discussions about a potential trade with Cleveland involving Jason Terry, according to sources briefed on the talks.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Nets, eager to add a proven ballhandler and backcourt scorer to their bench rotation, are willing to take on the two remaining guaranteed seasons worth in excess of $12 million left on Jack’s contract despite the luxury-tax implications.

But it’s believed that the Cavs, if they decided to go ahead with such a move, would try to find a third team to absorb Terry’s contract. Terry, 36, has one season left on his deal after this one at $5.85 million and is averaging just 4.5 points on 36.2 percent shooting in 16 minutes per game.

Also saw this

The Nets and Lakers have discussed a deal involving Jordan Hill, according to Yahoo! Sports.

Re: Rumor : Jason terry could be traded again
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 05:44:48 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Nets luxury tax bill has been paid for with the blood of how many Russians?  Where is this guy making his money?
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 05:55:59 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1672
Not sure why the Nets want Jack.  Their revival was based on defense, and while Jack will play man-to-man defense he's clueless when asked to guard off the ball. 

Add to that the fact that Williams, Livingston, Johnson and Pierce can easily absorb any role that Jack might fill, and I don't see the point. 

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 06:07:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Nets luxury tax bill has been paid for with the blood of how many Russians?  Where is this guy making his money?

Will be revealed soon....

On.....  UnSealed Alien Files   

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 06:51:57 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Not sure why the Nets want Jack.  Their revival was based on defense, and while Jack will play man-to-man defense he's clueless when asked to guard off the ball. 

Add to that the fact that Williams, Livingston, Johnson and Pierce can easily absorb any role that Jack might fill, and I don't see the point.

You may be making the key mistake of assuming competence on the part of the Nets.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 06:52:37 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
That would be a big upgrade for Brooklyn. Jack is one of the best backup guards in the league. Major improvement over Jason Terry and over Shaun Livingston.

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 06:59:43 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

True story - Prokhorov went from megarich to megasuperduperrich by buying up a ton of businesses and property after the 2008 economic crash.  He was flush with cash because he'd been forced to sell his interest in his major business the year before after being arrested for flying a bunch of prostitutes to a New Year's party at a ski lodge in France.

So...hookers and snow, I guess.

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 07:14:37 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

True story - Prokhorov went from megarich to megasuperduperrich by buying up a ton of businesses and property after the 2008 economic crash.  He was flush with cash because he'd been forced to sell his interest in his major business the year before after being arrested for flying a bunch of prostitutes to a New Year's party at a ski lodge in France.

So...hookers and snow, I guess.

I find it funny how he's just making a mockery of the luxury tax.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 07:17:16 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
the only thing for certain is that the Nets are now playing for MOTHA RUSSIA !
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 07:23:25 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1672
That would be a big upgrade for Brooklyn. Jack is one of the best backup guards in the league. Major improvement over Jason Terry and over Shaun Livingston.

We aren't talking about the Jarrett Jack that played for the Warriors last year.  His shooting numbers have plummeted.  He puts in the effort to guard when he's on the ball, but he's undisciplined and mistake-prone off the ball - San Antonio hurt him badly in that area in the playoffs last year, and that's when Jack was playing well. 

I'd have granted you the 'one of the best backup guards' claim last year and especially in the playoffs, but this year Cleveland has been a wreck and he hasn't helped in any way.  Perhaps the Cavs' situation is just awful for him (and that's a fair point, but only to an extent), but Jack has not been a good player this year.

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 07:40:34 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

We aren't talking about the Jarrett Jack that played for the Warriors last year.  His shooting numbers have plummeted.  He puts in the effort to guard when he's on the ball, but he's undisciplined and mistake-prone off the ball - San Antonio hurt him badly in that area in the playoffs last year, and that's when Jack was playing well. 

I'd have granted you the 'one of the best backup guards' claim last year and especially in the playoffs, but this year Cleveland has been a wreck and he hasn't helped in any way.  Perhaps the Cavs' situation is just awful for him (and that's a fair point, but only to an extent), but Jack has not been a good player this year.

He is the exact same player. He is just in a crappy situation.

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 08:13:05 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
I'd argue that Joe Johnson aside, Shuan Livingston is the best guard on Brooklyn. Jason Terry is awful, he needs to go back to Dallas to bring back his career. Jack is a much better upgrade for brooklyn, especially with deron Williams starting as well.  Jack would be a steal .

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 04:24:38 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
The Kings and Nets are discussing a trade which would send Marcus Thornton to Brooklyn in exchange for Jason Terry and Reggie Evans, according to Yahoo!'s Adrian Wojnarowski.

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 04:31:13 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Man, Brooklyn is in steep luxury tax territory.  Despite that proposed trade with SAC adding only $800k to Brooklyn's salary this year, it would cost them about $4 million more in luxury tax dollars.  Wow.