Author Topic: Rumor: Asking price for Rondo said to be two unprotected first rounders  (Read 35235 times)

Re: Rumor: Asking price for Rondo said to be two unprotected first rounders
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2014, 03:26:28 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
https://twitter.com/basketballnxt1/status/402270441265713153

Not as close... as u did when I broke the Nets and Celtics deal... @CELTICBLOG can confirm that

"celticblog" (note, not celticsblog) is a twitter handle for a scottish soccer team called Celtic F.C.

This account is a joke
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2014, 03:30:36 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
It's probably not real and I haven't been interested in trading Rondo, but that three teamer with the Suns and Lakers is awesome.   You get two of the top 8 this year and Alex Len? Not bad.    Also, doesn't it kind of make sense for those other teams? 

« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2014, 03:32:11 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
https://twitter.com/basketballnxt1/status/402270441265713153

Not as close... as u did when I broke the Nets and Celtics deal... @CELTICBLOG can confirm that

"celticblog" (note, not celticsblog) is a twitter handle for a scottish soccer team called Celtic F.C.

This account is a joke

Very nice pickup there.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2014, 03:36:49 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
We definitely should be skeptical of the guy but to me it accomplishes the immediate and long term goals of all three teams involved.

Celtics: Rebuild primarily through the draft, establish a core heading into 2015, sign a big name to complete the rebuild (getting out from under Green's contract, not having to re-sign Rondo, and receiving two expirings definitely helps us do that). It's been my belief all along that Ainge wants two top six picks, and with the number of picks he has at hand, he'd be poised to do so. If our pick and LAL's pick falls outside of the top 6, Ainge could package it with other picks to land the 4th, 5th or 6th pick. It would require some luck, but Embiid and Exum could both be landed in this scenario.

Rough draft (2014-15):

Exum
??
??
Sully
Embiid

(2015-16):

Exum
??
Kawhi Leonard
Sully
Embiid

LAL: Rebuild primarily through free agency. They clear cap space for 2015, bring in a star to attract Melo and look to 2015. Not quite sure on this guy's claim that they'd then be able to sign Love (someone would have to take a pay cut, right?), but it gives them a better chance than ever at establishing the Big Three they've wanted.

Rough draft (2014-15):

Rondo
Kobe
Melo
??
??

(2015-16):

Rondo
Kobe (?)
Carmelo
Love
??

Suns:
Compete now. They get Gasol, which is the ideal piece for their situation. He can still be a big time player but he also doesn't destroy their cap situation. They have to swallow something, and that'll be Green's contract, but overall it gives them a nice young core of Bledsoe, Green and Plumlee and they still have some picks to spare.

Rough draft (2013-14):

Dragic
G. Green
J. Green
Gasol
Plumlee

(2014-15):

Bledsoe
Dragic
Green
Markieff Morris
Plumlee

Who says no?

Just asked the guy on Twitter if he thinks that Lakers trio + Kobe can be kept together. He seems to think no (I'd concur), but that they'd at least be able to choose two from Rondo, Melo and Love. Feels Kobe will retire by then. Do the Lakers do that deal knowing they only get two of those players? I personally still think so.

Also, regarding the Cs: How beastly would an Embiid/Sully/Len/Olynyk frontcourt rotation be? Most likely Ainge would end up trading one of Len or Olynyk just because all four are so talented that they'd need more minutes, but that has me salivating.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2014, 03:37:58 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
It's probably not real and I haven't been interested in trading Rondo, but that three teamer with the Suns and Lakers is awesome.   You get two of the top 8 this year and Alex Len? Not bad.    Also, doesn't it kind of make sense for those other teams?

Yeah, the account is sketchy to the point that even if some version of that deal happened I'd consider it a stopped clock situation.  But it's fairly plausible nonsense, which makes it more fun.  Better than most of the hypothetical deals proposed here.

« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2014, 03:44:16 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
lol just a few dimes from the Twitter Paul Stoltz reports...
https://twitter.com/basketballnxt1

To summarize he's saying we get LA 2014 lottery pick+future Phoenix pick+Len+Frye+Nash's expiring for Rondo and Green.

Mr Stoltz Twitters gems...

Paul Stoltz ‏@basketballnxt1  Feb 16
Monday will be a shocking day for some. Not saying anymore. NBA trades are heating up

Paul Stoltz ‏@basketballnxt1  4h
Source now confirm Suns, Celtics and Lakers are working on a three team trade

'Source who works on West Coast says:

'We tried to call on Rondo this weekend (All Star weekend) but Danny seemed focused on 3 team deal.'

'LA feels if they land Rondo,Melo will be more open to leaving the Knicks for Hollywood
Expand
'

'Paul Stoltz ‏@basketballnxt1  4h
@celticsblog
talks heated up over weekend. Celtics would receive Lakers first rd pick this yr, and a future first rd pick from the Suns.'

'Paul Stoltz ‏@basketballnxt1  3h
@celticsblog
The Celtics would also receive Nash,Frye and Alex Len'

The Lakers are weighing the option of drafting this yr & keeping Nash or trade 1rd & Nash for Rondo.
'

Paul Stoltz ‏@basketballnxt1  2h
As I reported firstCeltics would get 2 first rd in the deal for rondo & Green,Plus expiring contracts, If nash retires, More $ off the books

Paul Stoltz ‏@basketballnxt1  13m
@Graham_Brunell @jhun88 Rondo Contract will be up, But Kobe will retire most likely by then. So they can choose from Rondo or @kevinlove
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2014, 03:49:44 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I would be pretty happy with that three team. That could potentially be two top 5 picks and the BKN pick AND Alex Len.

PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2014, 03:51:46 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

To summarize he's saying we get LA 2014 lottery pick+future Phoenix pick+Len+Frye+Nash's expiring for Rondo and Green.

Monday will be a shocking day for some. Not saying anymore. NBA trades are heating up

'We tried to call on Rondo this weekend (All Star weekend) but Danny seemed focused on 3 team deal.'

'LA feels if they land Rondo,Melo will be more open to leaving the Knicks for Hollywood
Expand
'

@celticsblog
talks heated up over weekend. Celtics would receive Lakers first rd pick this yr, and a future first rd pick from the Suns.'

@celticsblog

The Lakers are weighing the option of drafting this yr & keeping Nash or trade 1rd & Nash for Rondo.
'

As I reported firstCeltics would get 2 first rd in the deal for rondo & Green,Plus expiring contracts, If nash retires, More $ off the books

@Graham_Brunell @jhun88 Rondo Contract will be up, But Kobe will retire most likely by then. So they can choose from Rondo or @kevinlove

So if all this is true, PHX would need to send LA's '15 pick back to LA, so LA could trade their own '14 to us....yes?

Big "if".

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2014, 03:54:51 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Expand
'

@celticsblog

@celticsblog

'

Not worth discussing... Paul Stoltz is some unemployed Celtic fan living in Fall River, Mass:  https://www.facebook.com/paul.stoltz.3

He's just trying to get a rise out of us.

Definitely a member of this forum.  People who make up fake rumors on twitter should be aware that it lists your real name and it's super easy to find stuff on google.  If I wanted to waste 10 minutes, I could probably figure out which of you is Paul Stoltz.

« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2014, 03:57:19 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
This is confused about some stuff.  Check out that last tweet.  Rondo's deal is up after 2015.  Kobe just signed a deal that pays him 24 mill per year through 2016.  Kobe's not retiring in the middle of that deal.

« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2014, 03:58:00 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

Expand
'

@celticsblog

@celticsblog

'

Not worth discussing... Paul Stoltz is some unemployed Celtic fan living in Fall River, Mass:  https://www.facebook.com/paul.stoltz.3

Definitely a member of this forum.  People who make up fake rumors on twitter should be aware that it lists your real name and it's super easy to find stuff on google.  If I wanted to waste 10 minutes, I could probably figure out which of you is Paul Stoltz.

That's some quality stalking there.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2014, 03:58:11 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I hope you're not suggesting that the guy with 3 posts in the last 3 years who originally posted the feed might've had something to do with this  :o

« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2014, 04:00:06 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Expand
'

@celticsblog

@celticsblog

'

Yeah... I'll tell you how I did it.

I went to facebook.  I searched "Paul Stoltz".  I scrolled down to the 2nd person listed... an unemployed Celtic fan living in Fall River, Mass who exclusively talks about Celtic trades in his facebook feed.   

Call me ShrLck33

« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2014, 04:01:36 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Expand
'

@celticsblog

@celticsblog

'

And all without having to leave the comfort of his home (on the other side of the country). Progress in motion...

« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2014, 04:03:52 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Makes sense -- that's what a healthy Jrue Holiday cost on draft day last summer.
I'm amazed that he fetched that much still.
I was angry by it.  Leading up to that I was like "Trade Rondo for Nerlens!!! Trade Rondo for Nerlens!!!"...

and then I find out some team takes a LESSER player and includes an additional 1st rounder.  Blown away.

Yup.....I've never got over this .......sounds like deal ONLY the Lakers seem to get.    ...I was sick

This is why I think Rondo may go bye bye trade night........