Author Topic: Rumor: Asking price for Rondo said to be two unprotected first rounders  (Read 35234 times)

Re: Rumor: Asking price for Rondo said to be two unprotected first rounders
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2014, 02:29:46 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Anyone know if this guy is a credible source? https://twitter.com/basketballnxt1

FYI this guy is describing a framework of

BOSTON give Rondo, Green
Receive Lakers 2014 1st, future Phoenix 1st, Nash, Frye, Alex Len

LAKERS give Gasol, Nash, 2014 1st
Receive Rondo, Okafor, 2014 Phoenix 1st

PHOENIX give Okafor, Frye, Len, 2014 + future 1st
Receive Gasol, Green

It's probably nonsense, but hey, it's more interesting than the nothing floating around elsewhere.  And it seems plausible for the interests of all parties.  Plus the boards would absolutely explode. 

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2014, 02:30:31 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
This clearly had to be team specific.  Why would a contender not give up two unprotected first?  This had to be a team in the lottery called Danny and he gave his price for them.

In that event it must have been Orlando or Sac, right?

They are the only teams I can find who need a PG and have attractive picks to move.

We've been talking about Sac as a possible destination for Rondo all year, as well.

Sacramento's #1 is tied up for a few seasons; Cleveland owns the pick, with some heavy protections.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2014, 02:31:24 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Anyone know if this guy is a credible source? https://twitter.com/basketballnxt1

FYI this guy is describing a framework of

BOSTON give Rondo, Green
Receives Lakers 2014 1st, future Phoenix 1st, Nash, Frye, Alex Len

LAKERS give Gasol, Nash, 2014 1st
Receives Rondo, Okafor, 2014 Phoenix 1st

PHOENIX give Okafor, Frye, Len, 2014 + future 1st
Receives Gasol, Green

It's probably nonsense, but hey, it's more interesting than the nothing floating around elsewhere.  And it seems plausible for the interests of all parties.

that would be a great trade for the celtics. Getting Len and the Lakers 1st this year would be awesome.

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2014, 02:32:24 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Funny... people pooped on my idea of Rondo+Green+Wallace  to the Bobcats for Sessions/Ben Gordon's expiring contracts + Biyombo + MKG + Kemba + Portland's 2014 1st + Detroit's 2014 1st...

That's considerably more than Ainge is asking for here.   Two unprotected 1st rounders could mean Rondo to the Pistons for Charlie V's expiring, a 2015 "unprotected" pick and a 2017 "unprotected pick".

Why do you assume that the two picks need to be lottery?  All it says is "unprotected".  Heat could offer two unprotected picks if they wanted to.

The key is "unprotected"

Why would a pick from a top team in the West fit that description?  It would need no "protection". 

Clearly, it would mean two possible lotto picks.

Clearly, indeed.

No team is going to do that.

And Ainge isn't going to move Rondo for two Houston-caliber picks.

I could see Sacramento perhaps being eager enough to be good ASAP (given that they've hitched their wagon to Rudy Gay) that they'd trade, say, Isaiah Thomas, Marcus Thornton, Jason Thompson, their 2014 1st and an unprotected pick in 2016.

But yeah, it seems far-fetched.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2014, 02:32:26 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
His twitter history goes back not far at all (Nov 7th of 2013) and he's claiming that Jeff can confirm he "broke" the Nets/Celts trade in some prior incarnation.

I don't see much reason to attach any credibility unless Jeff can actually identify the guy's past "reports".

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2014, 02:33:42 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I doubt it. Suns would need more outgoing salary then just okafor and Alex Len to get both pau gasol and Jeff green. Also hard for me to see Ainge sending Rondo to the lakers.

That be a crazy three team deal tho.
Not every idiot with a twitter feed needs to be taken seriously.  Lots of people like to make up fake rumors.

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2014, 02:33:44 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
https://twitter.com/basketballnxt1/status/402270441265713153

Not as close... as u did when I broke the Nets and Celtics deal... @CELTICBLOG can confirm that

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2014, 02:34:18 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

I doubt it. Suns would need more outgoing salary then just okafor and Alex Len to get both pau gasol and Jeff green. Also hard for me to see Ainge sending Rondo to the lakers.

They are supposedly sending Frye too if you read the whole set of tweets. I just put together a deal on the trade checker that worked.

It makes some sense. The Lakers can't trade a future first because they owe their 2015 1st to PHO - but PHO can unwind that and free the Lakers' 2014 or 2015 picks up.

Also, Pho is getting a few other picks. So, they might be looking to off-load one or more.

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2014, 02:35:19 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

Not as close... as u did when I broke the Nets and Celtics deal... @CELTICBLOG can confirm that

So who is Paul Stoltz?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2014, 02:36:13 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
Again, I'm not saying I'd do this trade, but it's something I'd think about.

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2014, 02:36:20 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
This clearly had to be team specific.  Why would a contender not give up two unprotected first?  This had to be a team in the lottery called Danny and he gave his price for them.

They are the only teams I can find who need a PG and have attractive picks to move.

We've been talking about Sac as a possible destination for Rondo all year, as well.

Sacramento's #1 is tied up for a few seasons; Cleveland owns the pick, with some heavy protections.

Where is this information?   The place I just checked (RealGM) shows Sac's 2014 pick owed to Chicago, but it's top 12 protected.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2014, 02:36:30 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

Not every idiot with a twitter feed needs to be taken seriously.  Lots of people like to make up fake rumors.

We don't have to take him seriously to speculate wildly.  We don't even need a Twitter guy for that  :)

EDIT:  Hahaha Twitter guy has 21 followers.  Sounds legit!

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2014, 02:36:30 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
No clue who he is.

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2014, 02:36:50 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

So who is Paul Stoltz?

I can't find a single thing about him other than this account.

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2014, 02:36:57 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

Where is this information?   The place I just checked (RealGM) shows Sac's 2014 pick owed to Chicago, but it's top 12 protected.

Did Cleveland include it in the Deng deal?