Author Topic: Who are my fellow women Celtics Bloggers?  (Read 18027 times)

Re: Who are my fellow women Celtics Bloggers?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 01:56:51 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Really? What's the purpose of this?

I think what he's suggesting is that for a lot of us, we automatically assume whomever we're talking to on the blog is a male.  When some posters identify their gender as a female, it can come as a surprise.

It's not a negative thing; it's more interesting than anything else, to see the way our minds make assumptions.

(At least, that's my interpretation of the story.  I think the last paragraph is meant to be more tongue-in-cheek than anything.)
Yeah.  Basically.  I'm saying you're all still my homies.  I don't care what Roy's real gender is... I'm still gonna D her up hard on the blacktop.  No easy buckets.

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 01:59:25 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221

I think what he's suggesting is that for a lot of us, we automatically assume whomever we're talking to on the blog is a male.  When some posters identify their gender as a female, it can come as a surprise.

It's not a negative thing; it's more interesting than anything else, to see the way our minds make assumptions.

(At least, that's my interpretation of the story.  I think the last paragraph is meant to be more tongue-in-cheek than anything.)
Yeah.  Basically.  I'm saying you're all still my homies.  I don't care what Roy's real gender is... I'm still gonna D her up hard on the blacktop.  No easy buckets.

;D

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2014, 02:31:05 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

How about if all the guys just let the ladies say "hi" to each other, without interjecting snarky (or even non-snarky) commentary?

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2014, 03:23:36 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

How about if all the guys just let the ladies say "hi" to each other, without interjecting snarky (or even non-snarky) commentary?

You're right.  Sorry Boris.  My bad.

Lol jk.  I'll drop the snark/non-snark.  Ttyl.

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2014, 03:49:15 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

I think what LarBrd33 is actually saying is that she's a girl.  I mean.....what guy buys a kitten? No prob. You're still my homie LarBrd33.

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2014, 04:31:59 PM »

Offline andliberty

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 8
I am!
New to the forums though..

Hey, first post. Welcome!

Here's your first Tommy Point.

Awesome!
Thanks, have been a sleeper around here for a while and figured I'd join the conversation.

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2014, 05:08:13 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I've only been on here for about a year so I'm not familiar with everyone. I know we assume that most of the people commenting on here are males, just wanted to know who my fellow female commenters were.

HI  ;D

You are a female? 

*mind blown*

D'oh!

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2014, 05:13:33 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I have to share this story again.  LIke 10 years ago my girlfriend at the time insisted that we get a kitten.  I like cats.  I had no problem with getting a cat.  The only thing was... it had to be a boy cat.   Girl cats are prissy and whiney.  Boy cats are awesome. 

So we drove over to Aberdeen, WA... a town famous for Kurt Cobaine, meth, and apparently cats.  My girlfriend's cousin had a litter of kittens over there.   I made my demands known.  He set aside the 4 boy kittens and I began my rigorous series of tests.  Mostly, grading them on cuteness scale, badazzery, mischief-making... I held them 6 inches above a pillow upside down and made sure they landed on their feet... just to make sure they weren't swishybrained.

Ultimately, I picked the cutest of the bunch.  I took him home and named him "The Truth" after a Boston Celtic player of that era.  "Truth" was my boy,.  That dude would run around the house doing back flips, play-wrestle with my sock hand, and just generally be an all-around homie.

It was smooth-sailing for a month.  Then one day my friend Dan came over to hang out.  Dan was sitting on the couch petting Truth on the belly when he noticed something peculiar.  "Dude... Truth has no balls".  I scoffed at this ridiculous comment.  "Fool, kittens don't have balls... those don't drop until later.  Here, pass him over".    I scoped out the situation and was shocked by what I noticed.   My homie had a vagina. 

This thread is bringing back all those bad memories.   That terrible, awful day when I found out my furry little buddy had a secret... the day when I found out he had a disfigured nether-region.   Poor lil dude.  He's still my boy, though... despite the fact that he's a bit prissy and whiney.

I'm literally laughing my ass off at this.  Thanks for sharing

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2014, 09:14:08 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
I've only been on here for about a year so I'm not familiar with everyone. I know we assume that most of the people commenting on here are males, just wanted to know who my fellow female commenters were.

HI  ;D

You are a female? 

*mind blown*

D'oh!

Yeah I am , shocker huh...LOL

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2014, 10:24:07 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
who cares?!  not to come off rude or anything....but it doesn't matter what demographic fellow posters fall under (at least to me).

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2014, 10:29:31 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
who cares?!  not to come off rude or anything....but it doesn't matter what demographic fellow posters fall under (at least to me).

Then don't worry about it. Just ignore the thread.

Meanwhile, if some of the women Celtic Bloggers are curious on who are the other women, they are free to do so. 

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2014, 10:32:31 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell

If you don't care, how about you exercise the right to not click on this topic since it's not to your liking..I think that would work better than making this comment.

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2014, 10:34:13 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

Then don't worry about it. Just ignore the thread.

Meanwhile, if some of the women Celtic Bloggers are curious on who are the other women, they are free to do so.

i never said they couldnt...just giving my two cents that i dont care what demographic (gender, sexuality, race/ethnicity, age, etc.) fellow posters are. a poster is a poster

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2014, 11:23:12 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

If you don't care, how about you exercise the right to not click on this topic since it's not to your liking..I think that would work better than making this comment.

interesting, i would have thought a thread calling out other female posters to identify themselves would appreciate that some on the site look at posters as posters, rather than labeling them by their demographics.

and i can comment on any topic here, just like you.  just because i feel the way i do and it isn't in agreement with you, doesn't mean i shouldn't comment. 

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 12:15:14 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell

interesting, i would have thought a thread calling out other female posters to identify themselves would appreciate that some on the site look at posters as posters, rather than labeling them by their demographics.

and i can comment on any topic here, just like you.  just because i feel the way i do and it isn't in agreement with you, doesn't mean i shouldn't comment.

Uh the purpose of the thread was specifically to shout out female posters and it's not what you say it's how you say it otherwise you wouldn't have prefaced your sentence with "not trying to be rude". Anytime you have to say that you know what you're about to say is going to come off rude, but that's neither here nor there since your comment wasn't the purpose of the thread anyways. Carry on, comment as you please.