Author Topic: Celtics (19-35) at Suns (30-21) Game#55 2/19/14  (Read 38005 times)

Re: Celtics (19-35) at Suns (30-21) Game#55 2/19/14
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2014, 12:14:59 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Gee.....rondo nearly had a triple double

Pretty good stuff for a one legged dude...

« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2014, 12:43:40 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Kelly didn't shoot well tonight but he had a good game. He is part of the reason why we were still in the game, that is why CBS gave him the 4th Q mins. Kelly makes our offense flow when he is in. He doesn't get much cred for it but he has steadily gotten better. I also want people to watch out for the screens Kelly sets, I think that's a part of why our offense flows better when he is in... he sets some timely picks, really. I have been saying it for a while now but maybe that isn't a sexy part of the game so it goes unnoticed. You can see many examples of it during his time on the court but I'll just remind you of the win we got over Mia, because I'm sure it's easier to come back to your mind... Kelly first kept Bosh in check, then he slowed Lebron by making him go further out then he wanted too when he stepped back ever so slightly into his path, if he doesn't slow Lebron that is a block or at least a much tougher shot as LeBron woulda been face to face with Green, by fighting the way he did with Bosh it made him get over there too late also.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2014, 07:06:33 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
so how bad did we look? i missed the game.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2014, 07:35:19 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

He seems to almost get them on a regular basis. The surprising part of his recovery is how he gets so many rebounds despite his not playing at full speed yet.

« Reply #154 on: February 20, 2014, 09:31:49 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

He seems to almost get them on a regular basis. The surprising part of his recovery is how he gets so many rebounds despite his not playing at full speed yet.
I think that's system based.

Remember after early in the season when the C's were getting beat up on the glass. They changed up the scheme a bit and had the guards focus on hunting down boards more. I think Stevens said "we have to be a perimeter rebounding team" something like that.

Bradley's rebounding took off relative to his usual output after that change. Rondo's a far more talented rebounder so he's getting even better results, but almost entirely at the defensive end where he's posting 18 DRB. That's far above his career average, his ORB% is about half his career rate so far.

Of course his career rate is about 1 a game, so it wouldn't take much to swing that around too.

« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2014, 09:41:24 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
Brad Stevens must be sick of making up excuses for a team that falls into the same traps every game. you're playing a team, that the night before, played an overtime game in high altitude against Denver. the Celtics are well rested for a week but they just can't learn how to run the ball at them because you know they have a good chance of running out of steam in the fourth quarter.
I don't care if Sully takes an occasional three pointer but why aren't they playing him inside. are we that stupid???

« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2014, 09:44:13 AM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Brad Stevens must be sick of making up excuses for a team that falls into the same traps every game. you're playing a team, that the night before, played an overtime game in high altitude against Denver. the Celtics are well rested for a week but they just can't learn how to run the ball at them because you know they have a good chance of running out of steam in the fourth quarter.
I don't care if Sully takes an occasional three pointer but why aren't they playing him inside. are we that stupid???

I get mad every time he posts up and the balls passed to someone on the perimeter, it happens a lot. I know Sully isn't perfect in the post but I'd trust that attempt over a contested Wallace 3 or passing to someone who isn't even open and trying to run an alternative play killing the shot clock... this when Sully is in good position.

They also seem to post up Bass more for whatever reason

« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2014, 10:19:38 AM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279

What are you saying?