Author Topic: GWall, Green, Bradley, and Bogans for B. Gordon, Sessions & MKG  (Read 5583 times)

Re: GWall, Green, Bradley, and Bogans for B. Gordon, Sessions & MKG
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 10:46:09 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Works in realgm.com trade checker.  Save us 3.36 million this year and we get to use Stevens' skills on MKG as a reclamation project.

GWall goes back to Charlotte as the Bobcats become the Hornets.  The Hornets can afford to resign Avery.  And they can afford to absorb Green's contract.  They also get a smaller expiring in Bogans.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/select_player

Thoughts?

Smitty77
so we give up Green and AB for what?  to dump Wallace which isn't a big priority since we aren't contending this year or next and after that he's now an asset as an expiring deal?  We also give them salary relief with Bogans.

we get a broken Gordon on a big contract, MKG who hasn't shown anything yet and a career backup PG in Sessions when we already have 2 backups now.

what's the point of this deal?

Wrong Gordon.
you're right, I had the wrong Gordon in mind.  This one's worse.

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 10:49:10 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Works in realgm.com trade checker.  Save us 3.36 million this year and we get to use Stevens' skills on MKG as a reclamation project.

GWall goes back to Charlotte as the Bobcats become the Hornets.  The Hornets can afford to resign Avery.  And they can afford to absorb Green's contract.  They also get a smaller expiring in Bogans.

Thoughts?

Smitty77
so we give up Green and AB for what?  to dump Wallace which isn't a big priority since we aren't contending this year or next and after that he's now an asset as an expiring deal?  We also give them salary relief with Bogans.

we get a broken Gordon on a big contract, MKG who hasn't shown anything yet and a career backup PG in Sessions when we already have 2 backups now.

Lots of cap space. The issue of whether or not Boston could lure a star FA is typically a divisive one here, but this trade would put them in shape to try and sign Melo outright from NY. I'd make this deal just to have a shot.
assuming he opts out, why would you chase Melo?  I get he's a lot of flash as a scorer but he doesn't defend or rebound.  Since he'd command the same $ as a Durant or Lebron, I'd rather go for them (if they became available) or go for cheaper talent that's still an all-star level player where I'd be able to get more assets of better quality.

cap room seems to be the great white whale of most people looking to deal for pennies on the dollar

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 10:55:49 AM »

Offline Enzzo

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16

Thoughts?

Smitty77

Lots of cap space. The issue of whether or not Boston could lure a star FA is typically a divisive one here, but this trade would put them in shape to try and sign Melo outright from NY. I'd make this deal just to have a shot.
assuming he opts out, why would you chase Melo?  I get he's a lot of flash as a scorer but he doesn't defend or rebound.  Since he'd command the same $ as a Durant or Lebron, I'd rather go for them (if they became available) or go for cheaper talent that's still an all-star level player where I'd be able to get more assets of better quality.

cap room seems to be the great white whale of most people looking to deal for pennies on the dollar

I think anyone would take Lebron or Durant over Melo in a heartbeat. I believe the reason he's suggesting this is because Melo is the only real possibility. Lebron and Durant will be FA's but the chances of them leaving their current teams is slim, and the chances of them coming to Boston is even slimmer.

But I do agree with you, I would rather use the money to get a few cheaper players then to spend that much on Melo.