Author Topic: Rumor: Bass has trade interest from Suns, Warriors, Bobcats  (Read 34316 times)

Re: Rumor: Bass has trade interest from Suns, Warriors, Bobcats
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2014, 07:18:48 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Rondo, Bass for Kemba, MKG, Detroit's pick, Portland's pick.

Yuck...no thanks.  Rondo is far superior to Kemba Walker, and MKG looks like he's going to be a mediocre role player his entire career. He's looking like he MIGHT one day become Trevor Ariza...maybe.

Walker is playing well and you get two picks in the 2014 draft. Why wouldn't you make the deal?

Because you realize that it's unlikely either player picked will be close to as good as Rondo?

« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2014, 07:32:26 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52

Yuck...no thanks.  Rondo is far superior to Kemba Walker, and MKG looks like he's going to be a mediocre role player his entire career. He's looking like he MIGHT one day become Trevor Ariza...maybe.

Walker is playing well and you get two picks in the 2014 draft. Why wouldn't you make the deal?

Because you realize that it's unlikely either player picked will be close to as good as Rondo?

You guys are killing me with this. Rondo on a team with no all stars is very replaceable. He's a decent PG but I view him as a role player on a contender. A solid 3rd or 4th option if you will. He'll get you 11 ppg and some dimes while playing good defense. Detroit might not make the playoffs and just remember that your hero Rondo was picked in the 20's by PHX. Owning 4 picks in the 2014 draft plus MKG PLUS Kemba Walker? The same Kemba Walker who has made pretty good strides this year? Yeah this is an absolute no brainer. If you put this scenario in front of Charlotte fans they would laugh that's how lopsided it is in the Celtics favor.

« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2014, 07:43:05 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

You guys are killing me with this. Rondo on a team with no all stars is very replaceable. He's a decent PG but I view him as a role player on a contender. A solid 3rd or 4th option if you will. He'll get you 11 ppg and some dimes while playing good defense. Detroit might not make the playoffs and just remember that your hero Rondo was picked in the 20's by PHX. Owning 4 picks in the 2014 draft plus MKG PLUS Kemba Walker? The same Kemba Walker who has made pretty good strides this year? Yeah this is an absolute no brainer. If you put this scenario in front of Charlotte fans they would laugh that's how lopsided it is in the Celtics favor.

If that's your honest opinion of Rondo then I can see why you think the Celtics are getting a steal.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2014, 07:50:21 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum

If that's your honest opinion of Rondo then I can see why you think the Celtics are getting a steal.

Even if I thought he was a star this is still great value. Detroit's lottery pick in a loaded draft, Kemba, MKG and the Portland pick (probably around 28th)? Take your Tommy glasses off on this deal. That's a great deal! MKG has issues shooting but can play defense. Kemba has come into his own and that Detroit pick could produce Marcus Smart, Cauley-Stein etc...

« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2014, 08:04:23 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I would wait until all rumors die and then Ainge would pull the table cloth without toppling the glasses.

lol TP.
Does everyone remember when KG and Pierce were traded?
The day before, Danny Ainge when asked about potential trades:(along the lines of)
'Nah nothing in the near future, people making calls but that's about it'.

Next day. boom. haha
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2014, 08:31:04 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Even if I thought he was a star this is still great value. Detroit's lottery pick in a loaded draft, Kemba, MKG and the Portland pick (probably around 28th)? Take your Tommy glasses off on this deal. That's a great deal! MKG has issues shooting but can play defense. Kemba has come into his own and that Detroit pick could produce Marcus Smart, Cauley-Stein etc...
I'd go along with your statement of it being a no-brainer -->You'd have to be missing a brain to make this deal.

Rondo is by far the best player in that deal.  Walker isn't in Rondo's league.  MKG has shown little so far in his short career.  The 2 picks won't yield a player as good as Rondo either.  Smar?  why'd you trade for Walker?  Cauley-Stein --> Melo 2.0. 

at least you're consitent in your desire to trade away what talent we have for the endless hope of a superstar in the draft regardless of where that draft pick falls   ::) 

« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2014, 09:01:38 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum

I'd go along with your statement of it being a no-brainer -->You'd have to be missing a brain to make this deal.

Rondo is by far the best player in that deal.  Walker isn't in Rondo's league.  MKG has shown little so far in his short career.  The 2 picks won't yield a player as good as Rondo either.  Smar?  why'd you trade for Walker?  Cauley-Stein --> Melo 2.0. 

at least you're consitent in your desire to trade away what talent we have for the endless hope of a superstar in the draft regardless of where that draft pick falls   ::)

How do you know this? I'm not a Smart or Cauley Stein fan either but...how do you know they won't be better than Rondo. You aren't asking those guys to be a franchise changing talent, that's what the Celtics pick is for. You're asking these guys to come in and play at a high level maybe become a 2nd or 3rd option or in WCS case play good defense. I'm just naming off potential players in the Pistons pick range. Truthfully anyone picked in the 7-17 range will be a pretty good player. The talent in this draft is amazing and we need to embrace that. We've been burned a few times before but let's not be scared of the draft here. It's not like Jerome Moiso is coming through that door. Rondo is good depending on the talent around him. As I said he is a homeless version of Jason Kidd. Not great but solid at what he does with some flaws. Kemba doesn't need to be even as good although I feel since he's younger he's going to be better by the time the Celtics contend again. I look at MKG and see a young Tayshaun Prince on defense. He's going to be a good defensive weapon.

« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2014, 09:04:54 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
This thread has gotten way off topic into another Rondo debate.

Lets try and reel it in guys.

*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2014, 09:25:52 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
How about this 4 team trade?

Boston - Amare, Williams, Schroeder, Ezeli
Atlanta - Green
Golden State - Bass
New York - Wallace

Other pieces/picks could be added as necessary, but that should be the basic framework.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2014, 09:27:25 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Atlanta - Green
Golden State - Bass
New York - Wallace

Other pieces/picks could be added as necessary, but that should be the basic framework.
New York would have zero interest.

I don't think Boston would be all that interested either.

« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2014, 09:31:25 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I don't think he is going to completely blow it up.  If he trades Bass for a late first (blazers pick plus Sessions from Bobcats) then the stage will be set.

Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sullinger, Olynyk could be part of a good 7 man core with Wallace being the 8th guy.  Bradley and Olynyk off the bench leaves the need for two new starters.

A SG/SF can be had in the first 7 or 8 picks depending on where we fall. 

A PF/C will need to be traded for in the offseason.  Two extra picks this year plus 2015 Clips pick added two small or expiring  contracts of Faverani, Anthony, Bogans?, whatever can be scraped together - and try to trade for the best big man possible.  Love and Aldridge would cost more, throwing in Sullinger or a Nets pick?  Monroe or Asik would be a little easier to get.  DeAndre Jordan might be put on the block if they decide he is too expensive.  When can we start trading with them?  Ibaka may get moved if they want to keep Westbrook long term and still add others.  Danny will pull something off this summer and he will have a good base put together.

« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2014, 09:52:01 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Even if I thought he was a star this is still great value. Detroit's lottery pick in a loaded draft

You say things like this like you don't have any idea what it means. Detroit has the 11th pick in the draft right now. Say, since it's a loaded draft, Danny snags a well above average player for an 11th pick. Check out the 11th pick in the last 10 drafts and figure out who the 3rd best player selected was (better than 7 and worse than 2 is a very good pick) and let me know who the player is.

Seriously, do that, because you talk like "a lottery pick in a loaded draft" is going to net you a KG or Kobe every time.

« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2014, 10:00:47 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Atlanta - Green
Golden State - Bass
New York - Wallace

sure, a pick from each of those franchises to Boston would be needed just to make it worth considering.  C's give up the better player to Atlanta (Williams and Schroeder  :P) and to GSW (Bass for Ezeli  :-\ ). 

Not sure why NY or Boston would trade those 2.  Why would Boston want Amare's cap killer contract to cut a year of Wallace's deal and why would NY want an extra year of slightly-better-than-deadweight?  it's possible I suppose depending on each team's preference.

« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2014, 10:01:52 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

That is enough for me to completely ignore any of your posts on trading Rondo from now on.

Sorry if I sounded rude, I understand that is your opinion. But I completely disagree with that, and I think Rondo is one of the most underrated players in the league.

Rondo is maybe 2-3 Allstars, and 1-2 assists leader, and a few defensive 1st/2nd teams away from becoming a Hall of Famer...

Apparently though, he's just a 'role,' player on a contender.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:16:22 AM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2014, 10:08:40 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

How do you know this? I'm not a Smart or Cauley Stein fan either but...how do you know they won't be better than Rondo. You aren't asking those guys to be a franchise changing talent, that's what the Celtics pick is for. You're asking these guys to come in and play at a high level maybe become a 2nd or 3rd option or in WCS case play good defense. I'm just naming off potential players in the Pistons pick range. Truthfully anyone picked in the 7-17 range will be a pretty good player. The talent in this draft is amazing and we need to embrace that. We've been burned a few times before but let's not be scared of the draft here. It's not like Jerome Moiso is coming through that door. Rondo is good depending on the talent around him. As I said he is a homeless version of Jason Kidd. Not great but solid at what he does with some flaws. Kemba doesn't need to be even as good although I feel since he's younger he's going to be better by the time the Celtics contend again. I look at MKG and see a young Tayshaun Prince on defense. He's going to be a good defensive weapon.
how do I know this?  how is it that you don't?

I don't know how you opinion of Rondo is that low and really don't fathom how you think you can get a player of his caliber with middle-of-the-round picks. 

I read your posts on the trades you like and I come away with the opinion that you'd trade a$10000 lottery ticket away for 5000 more tickets thinking that one will be the grand prize winner-->not seeing an obvious loss because you're only expecting to hit it big.