Author Topic: Rumor: Bass has trade interest from Suns, Warriors, Bobcats  (Read 34350 times)

Re: Rumor: Bass has trade interest from Suns, Warriors, Bobcats
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2014, 06:32:39 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
At comparable ages I would take Pau Gasol over Kevin Love every day of the week. Pau has always been a two way player playing very good defense. Love can't spell defense, never mind play it.

I would still take Love, but the fact is that if the comparison put out there is the Pau trade and the trade the poster proposed, then the comparison needs to be Pau at the time of the trade and Love now.

Pau was the better defender but Love the better offensive player. I know PER isn't the be all and end all, but a 5.8 difference is pretty significant.
Their TS% were about the same. The big difference in PER is easily explained in the fact that Love shot nearly 6 more shots per game meanwhile Gasol was playing half that year with Kobe Bryant, a guy who loves to shoot and automatically made Pau Gasol a #2 scoring option for the remainder of his career, up until this year.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:47:27 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2014, 06:42:12 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Bass?

;D

What I'm talk n bout......

Picks Picks and more Picks

We ll draft everybody for the next four years till we find a decent player

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2014, 06:57:18 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Woohooo , bye bye jeff and bass

Future core

Rondo, sully, top 5 pick

Still have tons of picks to land a big name through trades, fill out the rest of the roster through draft and mle players in the future
Yes! Let's be the Bobcats! I can't wait!
so what's your plan then? Do nothing and keep the crap role players team we have together?

Rondo is better than anyone on the bobcats, sully will be as good as big al, plus a top 5 pick, that seems like a good start to me.

We would be moving long term salary for picks and shorter contracts, how is thaat not a good thing?

I think you're underestimating Big Al, He can ball...Hasn't ever been given the opportunity on a good team but he is better than Sullinger.

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2014, 07:24:05 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
If discussing trade rumors is boring, what's interesting?

Fantasy sports trade ideas?
Yup

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2014, 07:26:57 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If discussing trade rumors is boring, what's interesting?

Fantasy sports trade ideas?

From the way certain people tell it, these forums would be so exciting and interesting if nobody ever posted anything but "Go Celtics!  I love these guys!  Playoffs all the way!  #18 baby!"
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2014, 07:40:58 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I want me some Nemanja Nedovic. The European Derrick Rose.

Honestly speaking though, I'd push for Draymond Green for this trade. Even if it means giving up multiple second round picks (I think Draymond is worth a 1st but though). He's got that "ultimate glue guy" tag written all over him. And he will not dominate with numbers, but he will do the little things and lead by example.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2014, 07:45:01 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
What would you prefer in a Brandon Bass trade:
-a second-round pick and an expiring contract
-a lottery-protected first-round pick and a worse player on a non-expiring contract
-no trade at the deadline and try again during the off-season
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2014, 07:55:25 PM »

Offline green147

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
-a lottery-protected first-round pick and a worse player on a non-expiring contract

A lottery protected first and a worse player. Those firsts can help land star players, which will serve the C's better than cap room. We don't sign big name free agents heree. 

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2014, 07:57:03 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

You left out the "a good player" option, like Asik.

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2014, 08:01:45 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Bass for the Bobcats pick.

Offseason

Green, Bradley, Hawks 2014, Portland's 2014, and a future Nets first for Love

Rebuild with Rondo Sully Love our 2014 pick.

There's no way Wolves gonna take the contract of green, soon to be overpaid bradley, and a bunch of mid to low 1st round picks and lose K love.
way overpaying for Love.  that's close to KG payment for a less-than-KG player. 

keep the Nets pick and this might work.  still more than LA paid for Gasol who was better-->Kwame, Crittendon, Mckie, 2 very late first rounders and Marc Gasol (who was picked as a 2nd rounder and not projected to be anywhere close to as good as he is).

Tough to use as precedent at the time most though grizz where horribly robbed.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2014, 08:49:38 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Honestly speaking though, I'd push for Draymond Green for this trade. Even if it means giving up multiple second round picks (I think Draymond is worth a 1st but though). He's got that "ultimate glue guy" tag written all over him. And he will not dominate with numbers, but he will do the little things and lead by example.

Draymond is shooting 38% overall, 30% from three, and 55% at the line.  OUCH.  Hardly a glue guy!!!  He does hustle, but those stats will not keep you in the NBA for long!!  Not worth trading for until we are a playoff team and trying to fill roles.  We are a LONG way from that unfortunately.

Smitty77

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2014, 09:09:49 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Draymond is shooting 38% overall, 30% from three, and 55% at the line.  OUCH.  Hardly a glue guy!!!  He does hustle, but those stats will not keep you in the NBA for long!!  Not worth trading for until we are a playoff team and trying to fill roles.  We are a LONG way from that unfortunately.

Smitty77

Draymond can defend PG's to PF's. He hustles, he rebounds, he's tough, he's fearless and despite not shooting good, is not afraid to take big shots when it presents itself. He provides a little more than just being an energy guy.

You put Green in the Dennis Rodman role and he'll do it. His value is beyond the shooting percentages, which can improve.

We can't say the same for other players who doesnt have and will not have Draymond's energy, heart and toughness. His shooting can improve, his intangibles is what you trade for.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2014, 10:31:17 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
When I see these "rumors" I automatically don't believe them as far as a deal getting done... the only time I believe a trade is going to happen is when it's done and the "rumor" says deal almost done by someone like Woj. We never know when a trade is happening until it's done, Celts do a good job of keeping things in house. When's the last time we heard about a Celts trade before it was done? Not the PP and KG Nets deal... we heard about it b/c the sides already agreed to it but had to wait for PP's contract to be guaranteed. We didn't know about Crawford to GSW until it was done either... even though people presented it as a rumor, the deal had already been done. We didn't know about Perk for Green either.

We are always in the dark about trades. Let me know when it's done.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2014, 11:18:09 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
When I see these "rumors" I automatically don't believe them as far as a deal getting done... the only time I believe a trade is going to happen is when it's done and the "rumor" says deal almost done by someone like Woj. We never know when a trade is happening until it's done, Celts do a good job of keeping things in house. When's the last time we heard about a Celts trade before it was done? Not the PP and KG Nets deal... we heard about it b/c the sides already agreed to it but had to wait for PP's contract to be guaranteed. We didn't know about Crawford to GSW until it was done either... even though people presented it as a rumor, the deal had already been done. We didn't know about Perk for Green either.

You're right that often the deal that happens is the deal we don't hear about until it's already finished.  However, the rumors, at least the credible ones, tend to give a sense of what kind of things the team is looking to do.  Last year there wasn't much chatter at all and the team only made a minor move. 

This year, we're getting some pretty significant chatter a week and a half out from the deadline, and the team has already made two trades so far this season.  I'd be surprised if Danny does nothing. 
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2014, 11:29:19 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

You're right that often the deal that happens is the deal we don't hear about until it's already finished.  However, the rumors, at least the credible ones, tend to give a sense of what kind of things the team is looking to do.  Last year there wasn't much chatter at all and the team only made a minor move. 

This year, we're getting some pretty significant chatter a week and a half out from the deadline, and the team has already made two trades so far this season.  I'd be surprised if Danny does nothing.

I thought there was a lot of trade chatter last year, especially the KG (and PP) to the Clips rumors.