Author Topic: Rumor: Bass has trade interest from Suns, Warriors, Bobcats  (Read 34328 times)

Re: Rumor: Bass has trade interest from Suns, Warriors, Bobcats
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2014, 03:05:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Same old rehashed trade rumors.

Same old CBers coming up with bad trade ideas with the same players going out and same players and picks coming in.

Can't wait for the trade deadline to pass so these things can slow down for a while.

They're boring.

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2014, 03:07:41 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
deleted - misread the original post

whoa!!! you mean you actually read a post before responding to it? is that legal on cb?  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2014, 03:11:20 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221

Same old CBers coming up with bad trade ideas with the same players going out and same players and picks coming in.

Can't wait for the trade deadline to pass so these things can slow down for a while.

They're boring.

Well you have a little more than a week of it...I'm quite sure some really good outlandish ones with a "nba source" will surface, so we can dissect it to pieces.

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2014, 03:21:28 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
If discussing trade rumors is boring, what's interesting?

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2014, 03:22:20 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

They're boring.

Well you have a little more than a week of it...I'm quite sure some really good outlandish ones with a "nba source" will surface, so we can dissect it to pieces.

Meh, I think talking potential trades is significantly more fun than talking about getting blown out by other teams during the cold winter months.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2014, 03:33:15 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Bass for the Bobcats pick.

Offseason

Green, Bradley, Hawks 2014, Portland's 2014, and a future Nets first for Love

Rebuild with Rondo Sully Love our 2014 pick.

There's no way Wolves gonna take the contract of green, soon to be overpaid bradley, and a bunch of mid to low 1st round picks and lose K love.
way overpaying for Love.  that's close to KG payment for a less-than-KG player. 

keep the Nets pick and this might work.  still more than LA paid for Gasol who was better-->Kwame, Crittendon, Mckie, 2 very late first rounders and Marc Gasol (who was picked as a 2nd rounder and not projected to be anywhere close to as good as he is).

That's not overpaying. We'd be ripping off the Wolves. No way they take late firsts, and role players for someone of Love's calibre. You needa give up a player with potential to be an all-star (Sullinger) and a pick that is projected to be in the lottery to get someone like Love. At the very least.
a starting SF, a starting SG and 3 1sts is overpaying.   Like I said before, he's not KG or Pau.  make it only 2 firsts and it becomes more reasonable.

LA didn't nearly that much for a prime Gasol who was a better player.  not 1 superstar traded to Memphis and nothing close to a lottery pick. 

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2014, 03:50:25 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

Offseason

There's no way Wolves gonna take the contract of green, soon to be overpaid bradley, and a bunch of mid to low 1st round picks and lose K love.

keep the Nets pick and this might work.  still more than LA paid for Gasol who was better-->Kwame, Crittendon, Mckie, 2 very late first rounders and Marc Gasol (who was picked as a 2nd rounder and not projected to be anywhere close to as good as he is).

That's not overpaying. We'd be ripping off the Wolves. No way they take late firsts, and role players for someone of Love's calibre. You needa give up a player with potential to be an all-star (Sullinger) and a pick that is projected to be in the lottery to get someone like Love. At the very least.
a starting SF, a starting SG and 3 1sts is overpaying.   Like I said before, he's not KG or Pau.  make it only 2 firsts and it becomes more reasonable.

LA didn't nearly that much for a prime Gasol who was a better player.  not 1 superstar traded to Memphis and nothing close to a lottery pick.

Well, we would be giving them more players in that deal.

Your proposal leaves the Wolves with no all-star talent and little hope of anything materializing. Those picks will wind up being around 17th and 25th and some hope that the Nets will stink in the future. I think they could do better.

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2014, 04:19:07 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Sessions and Adrien (two expirings) for Bass, Pressey.

If Danny can pull the Portland pick out of the deal, it works for both teams. 

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2014, 04:22:02 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
3. I must remind you that the NBA has a minimum payroll requirement. We're already projected to be below that number for next season. So yeah, move everyone -- just don't be surprised when we have to hand out massive contracts to mediocre players to get that situation fixed.

I doubt that will happen though.  If we have massive cap space and don't want to sign anyone long term, we will be able to trade for unwanted vets on the last year of their deal a la Utah/Golden State last year.  Just as an example I bet Chicago would be interested in a deal like this for Boozer.  It would save them a hell of a lot of money, and I'd bet they'd throw in a future first as well.

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2014, 04:27:03 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
If the celtics can get a first or a prospect for Bass, i am on board!

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2014, 04:35:13 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
cap clearing idea:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lred4aj

saves us $7.1M this year
wipes Green and Bass off the books for all remaining years

obviously I'd like to get a draft pick or two, but if we JUST wanted cap space, that's a pretty quick way to get it done

if Charlotte would say yes -- sure. but if they'd prefer Bass to Green, might be hard to convince them to participate.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2014, 05:53:55 PM »

Offline oldmanspeaks

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 70
I wrote this earlier but must have forgot to hit the post button. Any trade will must certainly be a complicated one involving 3 teams. Two team trades with everyone nearing the luxury cap or prevented by trading rules are too rare to mention. If Boston does a trade it will most likely be something like this-Bass to Golden State, Speights and Jeff Green to Atlanta and Boston will have to take Brand (expiring) and Lou Williams in order to get picks and Shroeder. In fact Golden State might have to throw in a minor filler contract in order to stay below the luxury tax.

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2014, 06:08:31 PM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17

Offseason

I disagree that Pau was a better player. The season the trade took place Pau had a PER of 21.6. Love right now has a PER of 27.4.

Love is also two years younger than Pau was at the time of the trade.

Also, Bradley is a well below average starting guard who is going to be a restricted free agent and none of the assets in the proposed trade is as attractive as a big Center like Marc Gasol although I will agree that he could not be considered a star since he was not yet established in the league.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 06:14:09 PM by Depalma2002 »

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2014, 06:14:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
At comparable ages I would take Pau Gasol over Kevin Love every day of the week. Pau has always been a two way player playing very good defense. Love can't spell defense, never mind play it.

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2014, 06:18:01 PM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
At comparable ages I would take Pau Gasol over Kevin Love every day of the week. Pau has always been a two way player playing very good defense. Love can't spell defense, never mind play it.

I would still take Love, but the fact is that if the comparison put out there is the Pau trade and the trade the poster proposed, then the comparison needs to be Pau at the time of the trade and Love now.

Pau was the better defender but Love the better offensive player. I know PER isn't the be all and end all, but a 5.8 difference is pretty significant.