Author Topic: Rumor: Bass has trade interest from Suns, Warriors, Bobcats  (Read 34356 times)

Re: Rumor: Bass has trade interest from Suns, Warriors, Bobcats
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2014, 12:19:12 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
green+bass for gordon+zeller/biyombo/kidd-gilchrist+portlands pick

upgrades charlotte at SF and PF where they need help

gives us cap flexibility with gordons contract and a young talent(one of the three mentioned)+ another pick for this years draft

This would be a grand slam. Hope Charlotte is stupid enough...

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 12:21:12 PM »

Offline jacigar

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 9
Trade Bass and Wallace for Ben Gordon & Detroit pick to Charlotte, protected 1-8 and only #1 in 2015.Trade Green for Asik we then have current picks #7 10 19 Draft Volneh#7 Fc Ennis #10 PG and Stauskas #19 SG
 future C Asik-Faverani  FC Vonleh Pf Sullinger-Olynk Sf Johnson GF (pierce) SG Bradley-Stauskas G Bayless Pg Rondo-Ennis and a bunch of future picks.

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2014, 12:22:53 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Woohooo , bye bye jeff and bass

Future core

Rondo, sully, top 5 pick

Still have tons of picks to land a big name through trades, fill out the rest of the roster through draft and mle players in the future

The complete blow up that is needed is Rondo Bass Bradley Green and Wallace. Blow it up Danny!

Rondo needs to be kept, not traded

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 12:50:21 PM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Love don't play Defense, ask for the Detroit pick from Charlotte, trade it back to the Pistons on draft night for Monroe.

So, Monroe plays defense?  ::)

Tommy point

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2014, 12:51:52 PM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
deleted - misread the original post

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2014, 12:57:58 PM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
Trade Bass and Wallace for Ben Gordon & Detroit pick to Charlotte, protected 1-8 and only #1 in 2015.Trade Green for Asik we then have current picks #7 10 19 Draft Volneh#7 Fc Ennis #10 PG and Stauskas #19 SG
 future C Asik-Faverani  FC Vonleh Pf Sullinger-Olynk Sf Johnson GF (pierce) SG Bradley-Stauskas G Bayless Pg Rondo-Ennis and a bunch of future picks.

Bass is not getting you the Detroit pick. If the C's are lucky, they can get the Portland Pick.

If you want them to take Wallace, then scratch the Portland pick and send a pick or two the other way.

Wallace is here until 2016. People need to get comfortable with that fact.

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 01:14:42 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
wow, some really ridiculous posts in this thread.

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 01:20:15 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Getting any sort of significant value for Bass in addition to shedding his salary beyond this year would be a coup for Ainge.  I hope the reported trade interest is legitimate.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 01:45:55 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
What I find most interesting is that demand is higher for Bass than Green (who Ainge is having to 'shop hard'). I'd try to keep them packaged -- ESPECIALLY if they do a deal with Charlotte -- if at all possible. I've posted this trade in the past:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=69280.0

If they can't package Green, I'd ask for:

Bass and Bogans for Gordon, Portland 1st, Jeff Taylor. If it can't be achieved because Jordan won't give up Taylor -- and a better pick doesn't show up elsewhere (Phoenix?) -- you take the Portland pick and do the deal.

Taylor is the right guy to ask for from them. They're not giving up on MKG, Taylor plays behind him (when healthy), and Biyombo has not progressed.

By the way, to previous posters, it's not realistic to hope for the Detroit pick from Charlotte. Give up that dream now. It could be unprotected by 2016, I believe. Jordan isn't giving up that for anyone on our team short of Rondo.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2014, 01:58:32 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Sporting News?? not buying it
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 02:45:23 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
cap clearing idea:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lred4aj

saves us $7.1M this year
wipes Green and Bass off the books for all remaining years

obviously I'd like to get a draft pick or two, but if we JUST wanted cap space, that's a pretty quick way to get it done
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2014, 02:50:17 PM »

Offline AidaCelt

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
Woohooo , bye bye jeff and bass

Future core

Rondo, sully, top 5 pick

Still have tons of picks to land a big name through trades, fill out the rest of the roster through draft and mle players in the future
Yes! Let's be the Bobcats! I can't wait!
so what's your plan then? Do nothing and keep the crap role players team we have together?

Rondo is better than anyone on the bobcats, sully will be as good as big al, plus a top 5 pick, that seems like a good start to me.

We would be moving long term salary for picks and shorter contracts, how is thaat not a good thing?
1. I don't know what makes you so certain that that a post-injury Rondo will be considerably better than Kemba Walker or Al Jefferson. The jury is still out on this one.

2. We've lowered the bar considerably here. I thought that Sullinger was going to be the next Kevin Love. Really disappointed.

3. I must remind you that the NBA has a minimum payroll requirement. We're already projected to be below that number for next season. So yeah, move everyone -- just don't be surprised when we have to hand out massive contracts to mediocre players to get that situation fixed.
1. Post-injury Rondo is already better that Kemba with limited minutes and not playing BTB games.

2. I'm not sure who ever had expectations of Sully being the next KLove. That's putting too high a price on his head. His recent play has been less than disappointing and if he could keep this up, I'd prefer to keep him over KLove (considering what we'd have to give up to get KLove).

Expectations, Execution, No Excuses

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2014, 02:52:42 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
actually i hope the celtics get both of Nemanja Nedovic and Ognjen Kuzmic, just so i can listen to tommy heinson try to pronounce their names.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2014, 02:58:09 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
actually i hope the celtics get both of Nemanja Nedovic and Ognjen Kuzmic, just so i can listen to tommy heinson try to pronounce their names.  ;D
"BIG basket by ku Komic...."

;D
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2014, 03:02:46 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228