Author Topic: Rumor: Bass has trade interest from Suns, Warriors, Bobcats  (Read 34351 times)

Rumor: Bass has trade interest from Suns, Warriors, Bobcats
« on: February 10, 2014, 11:18:24 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Jay King ‏@ByJayKing 
RT @sn_nba: SN sources: Celtics' Brandon Bass has trade interest from Suns, Warriors, Bobcats

Among the teams interested in Bass, sources told Sporting News, are the Warriors, who still have trade exceptions from the summer deal that sent Richard Jefferson and Andris Biedrins to Utah. Backup forward Marreese Speights has been a disappointment this season, averaging 5.7 points on just 40.8 percent shooting, and the team misses the production it got from Carl Landry off the bench last year.

The Warriors don’t have a pick in this year’s draft to offer Boston, but could absorb his contract and do have a combination of young players that includes injured center Festus Ezeli, as well as rookies Nemanja Nedovic and Ognjen Kuzmic.

Also potentially in the mix for Bass are the Bobcats, who are desperate to add depth at power forward as they attempt to make a run to just their second playoff berth in franchise history. Charlotte owes its own draft pick to Chicago, if it winds up landing outside the Top 10, but does have Detroit’s pick, if it lands outside the Top 8.

The Bobcats own Portland’s pick, which will wind up late in the first round because of the way Portland has played, and that’s the pick that would most likely wind up with Boston in a Bass deal.

Another team to watch is Phoenix, which is seeking to fortify the frontcourt and potentially has four picks in the upcoming NBA draft. The Suns have had talks with the Lakers about Pau Gasol and the Grizzlies about Zach Randolph in recent weeks. While the Grizzlies are not expected to trade Randolph, Phoenix and LA could revisit the Gasol situation

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-02-10/boston-celtics-brandon-bass-trade-rumors-deadline-phoenix-suns-golden-state-warriors-charlotte-bobcats?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 11:29:18 AM by sed522002 »

Re: Rumor: Bass has trade interest from Suns, Warriors, Bobcats
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 11:22:54 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Woohooo , bye bye jeff and bass

Future core

Rondo, sully, top 5 pick

Still have tons of picks to land a big name through trades, fill out the rest of the roster through draft and mle players in the future

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 11:27:05 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52

Future core

Rondo, sully, top 5 pick

Still have tons of picks to land a big name through trades, fill out the rest of the roster through draft and mle players in the future

The complete blow up that is needed is Rondo Bass Bradley Green and Wallace. Blow it up Danny!

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 11:39:05 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Future core

Rondo, sully, top 5 pick

Yes! Let's be the Bobcats! I can't wait!
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 11:39:43 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Bass for the Bobcats pick.

Offseason

Green, Bradley, Hawks 2014, Portland's 2014, and a future Nets first for Love

Rebuild with Rondo Sully Love our 2014 pick.

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 11:46:33 AM »

Offline Gari

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 6

Offseason

There's no way Wolves gonna take the contract of green, soon to be overpaid bradley, and a bunch of mid to low 1st round picks and lose K love.

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 11:46:47 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Future core

Rondo, sully, top 5 pick

so what's your plan then? Do nothing and keep the crap role players team we have together?

Rondo is better than anyone on the bobcats, sully will be as good as big al, plus a top 5 pick, that seems like a good start to me.

We would be moving long term salary for picks and shorter contracts, how is thaat not a good thing?

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 11:49:51 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Love don't play Defense, ask for the Detroit pick from Charlotte, trade it back to the Pistons on draft night for Monroe.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 11:52:10 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Nice.

Charlotte makes sense for both Bass and Green.

Warriors could send Festus Ezeli. Solid young center.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 11:55:33 AM »

Offline Gari

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 6
Love don't play Defense, ask for the Detroit pick from Charlotte, trade it back to the Pistons on draft night for Monroe.

So, Monroe plays defense?  ::)

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 11:57:33 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Rondo, Bass for Kemba, MKG, Detroit's pick, Portland's pick.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 12:05:05 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Offseason

There's no way Wolves gonna take the contract of green, soon to be overpaid bradley, and a bunch of mid to low 1st round picks and lose K love.
way overpaying for Love.  that's close to KG payment for a less-than-KG player. 

keep the Nets pick and this might work.  still more than LA paid for Gasol who was better-->Kwame, Crittendon, Mckie, 2 very late first rounders and Marc Gasol (who was picked as a 2nd rounder and not projected to be anywhere close to as good as he is).

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 12:06:03 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Future core

Rondo, sully, top 5 pick

so what's your plan then? Do nothing and keep the crap role players team we have together?

Rondo is better than anyone on the bobcats, sully will be as good as big al, plus a top 5 pick, that seems like a good start to me.

We would be moving long term salary for picks and shorter contracts, how is thaat not a good thing?
1. I don't know what makes you so certain that that a post-injury Rondo will be considerably better than Kemba Walker or Al Jefferson. The jury is still out on this one.

2. We've lowered the bar considerably here. I thought that Sullinger was going to be the next Kevin Love. Really disappointed.

3. I must remind you that the NBA has a minimum payroll requirement. We're already projected to be below that number for next season. So yeah, move everyone -- just don't be surprised when we have to hand out massive contracts to mediocre players to get that situation fixed.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 12:11:50 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

Offseason

way overpaying for Love.  that's close to KG payment for a less-than-KG player. 

keep the Nets pick and this might work.  still more than LA paid for Gasol who was better-->Kwame, Crittendon, Mckie, 2 very late first rounders and Marc Gasol (who was picked as a 2nd rounder and not projected to be anywhere close to as good as he is).

That's not overpaying. We'd be ripping off the Wolves. No way they take late firsts, and role players for someone of Love's calibre. You needa give up a player with potential to be an all-star (Sullinger) and a pick that is projected to be in the lottery to get someone like Love. At the very least.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2014, 12:12:28 PM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
green+bass for gordon+zeller/biyombo/kidd-gilchrist+portlands pick

upgrades charlotte at SF and PF where they need help

gives us cap flexibility with gordons contract and a young talent(one of the three mentioned)+ another pick for this years draft