at Boston Celtics (18-34) at Milwaukee Bucks (9-41)
Monday, February 10, 2013
8:00 PM ET
Regular Season Game #53, Road Game #26
TV: CSN-NE, FSNWI, NBA-LP 756(DTV)/756,757(xfinity)
Radio: WBZ, WTMJ
BMO Harris Bradley CenterProbable Starters
Phil Pressey...Avery Bradley...Jeff Green...Brandon Bass...Jared Sullinger
Keith Bogans (personal) out
Vitor Faverani (knee) day to day
Rajon Rondo (rest) probably outProbable Starters
Brandon Knight...Nate Wolters...Khris Middleton...John Henson...Zaza Pachulia Bucks Reserves
Carlos Delfino (foot) out
Caron Butler (ankle) out
Ersan Ilyasova (back) questionable
OJ Mayo (illness) questionable
Luke Ridnour (back) probable
Ekpe Udoh (ankle) questionable
The Celtics visit the last place Bucks for their 4th and final meeting this season. Two of the Bucks' 9 wins came at the expense of the Celtics. The Celtics won their last meeting in Boston.
The Celtics are 7-10 on the road and 4-6 in their last 10 games while the Bucks are 5-19 at home and 2-8 in their last 10. The Celtics are coming off a loss to the Mavs, after winning their previous 3 games. The Bucks have lost their last 2 games.
The Celtics are playing on the second night of a back to back set and had to travel after last night's game so are at a disadvantage against the Bucks who were off on Sunday and are playing at home.
The Celtics are expected to be without Rajon Rondo who still has not played in back to back games since returning from the knee injury. The Bucks have 4 players who are listed as questionable, one that is probable and two that are out.
The Celtics have moved to the 5th worst in the East and 7th worst in the league. The Bucks have the worst record in the league, but have already beaten the Celtics twice and so the Celtics can't take them for granted in spite of the fact that the Bucks may only have 8 or 9 healthy players for this game. Key Matchups
Jared Sullinger vs Zaza Pachulia
In the first meeting between these two teams, Pachulia notched his first 20 point game since 2007. He also had a couple of very obvious flops, one of which got him a warning. He is averaging 7.7 points and 6.3 rebounds per game.
Phil Pressey vs Brandon Knight
With Rondo having the night off, the job of guarding Knight goes to Phil Pressey. Knight is averaging 16.5 points, 3.5 rebounds and 4.8 assists per game. Knight has a height advantage over Pressey and if Knight has a big start, we may see more of Bayless at the point.
Keys to the GameRun and Move the Ball
- The Celtics play so well when they run and keep up a fast pace throughout the game. When they slow it down, they get into trouble. The also have to move the ball and find the open man. When they start over dribbling and try to do too much individually, they struggle.
Take Care of the Ball
- The Celtics at times get careless with the ball and turnovers can bury them. The Celtics have to take care of the ball and not give the Bucks easy points off turnovers.Rebound
- Rebounding is mostly effort and desire and the Celtics need to have both and they need to crash the boards as a team. They play best when the guards, along with the front line, go after every rebound.Attack the Paint
- At times the Celtics love the jumper and 3 point shots a bit too much. When they fall, it's great. But, when they don't fall, like they didn't against the Mavs, it can get ugly. When they aren't falling, they need to get into the paint and drive to the hoop.Be Aggressive
- The Celtics were too passive at times against the Mavs. They need to be aggressive on defense, in going after loose balls and rebounds, and in driving to the hoop. They have to be the team that plays harder and wants the win more. X-FactorsWho's Playing and Back to Back
The Celtics will be probably be missing Rondo, but the Bucks may be missing as many as 7 of their players. Even with the Bucks short handed, the Celtics are going to have a tough time since they had to travel and are playing back to back.